I love this, absolutely love this.

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

I love this, absolutely love this.

Postby JasonLin on Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:51 pm

I was playing a game using the Lakers, aganist the Knicks.

After Kobe made a 2 points shot I was down by 1 at 1.7 seconds in the fourth quarter, so i made an intentional foul and sent Houston to the line. He made the first shot, but consciously missed the second one, i was amazed and when i got the rebound with Shaq, there was only 0.9 seconds left, too hard to make the last shot, so i lost 88-90.

I love this EA, absolutely love this. This is game, you did watch a lot of real games to make your game better. I hope you can watch more and more, make specific team offensive and defensive play, I don't want to see every team play pick and roll all the time and shoot 40 3s in a game, and i surely don't want to see those crazy Mavs run fastbreaks on every defensive rebound. Anyway this game is good, better than i expected. Not like ESPN, ESPN didn't meet any of my expectations.

Here are somethings that I wish you can do better next year. From top priority to lower.........

1. Massively enhance the offensive and defensive AI, CPU players don't seem to use freestyle controls, which is not exciting.

2. Massively enhance the graphic, at least better than something called ESPN

3. More animations(where is Michael Jordan's mid-air up and under? you can put all the animations in the cut scenes into the game, because they are simply so realistic), better physics.(There is no way that Allen Iverson can push Shaq back simply with a pro hoop move or a layup) I hope you go to play SEGA Virtua NBA on Arcade machine, understand what's gravity and inertia. After all these years that game is still the best of basketball physics.

4. Make a better passing game and low post game. Not every player is able to pass the ball at bullet speed, not every player is able to recieve the ball so quick and easy. Not every back down move should be called an offensive foul. I got an idea for post up move, make it into two parts, if you just hold the back down button, the player will do a slow backdown just like in SEGA NBA 2K3, moving to the basket slowly and with 5 seconds back down rule, meanwhile we can choose to spin left or right and take a hook shot. The second part is press the Turbo button while backing down defenders, so the player will do a power back down and quickly get to the basket, on the other hand the defender can also press the Charge botton to draw a offensive foul at the same time, just like the Guard Impact in the famous fighting game Soul Calibur II.

5. Adjustable camera, including height and angel and FOV, just like NBA 2K3. Replay saves, Live is the best game to show unique and amazing play, but it's a deep shame that we can't save replay.

6. Fix all the bugs in 2004(See Bug list), and fix all the unrealistic sound effects, like monster slam etc.....

7. Freestyle move is really good now, you only have to improve the freestyle air, think how you can use the right analog stick to perform a mid-air change shot.

8. TV Style presentation, like TNT or something else......

I love Live EA, if you gonna make Live as good as Madden in football, Pro evoluation soccor 3 in soccor, Grand Tursimo 4 in racing game I am willing to pay 100 dollars for it.
JasonLin

Postby karimm33 on Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:31 pm

Funny how some people think they are talking directly to EA when posting here :) You got some good ideas tho!
karimm33

Return to NBA Live 2005