Different Animations

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Different Animations

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:44 am

Well I have a couple of mods on hand I dredged up from the dark, dank, depths of the forums here and at 56NBA a long time ago. I'm not aware who're all the original authors.

With a quick search, I found the most recent thread about Integra here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=84030&p=1462271&hilit=Integra#p1462271

Downloads:

Integra Animations

06 + 05 Animations

Edit:

I accidentally uploaded either a duplicate or very similar file as the Integra Animations, so I replaced the previous file with what I believe to be the right one.

Edit2:

I just took a look at the 05.zip file, and the Integra 1.4 seems very different from the file I uploaded as 2.4 - The file I uploaded might not be Seushiro's after all
Cpt(K)

Re: Different Animations

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:26 am

Appreciate the uploads!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby CarolusXCI on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey,

There are two anim files within xanims.viv that are responsible for dunks (xmcpdnk.ord and xmcpdnk2.ord). Usually, the former has the majority of dunks, and the latter has a couple of dunks and all the animations regarding adjusted layups and dunks.

Recently (a few months ago) I discovered how to use two "xmcpdnk.ord" files at once (which increases the number of dunks/layups from 70 more or less to over 110). It's nice because it allows to use the majority of 06's dunks and layups with the 2004 ones, simultaneously. The trick here is that it's necessary to modify the exe, in order to tell the game that the mid-air adjusted layup anims are no longer the ones that the game usually uses, but instead new ones. This is necessary because when we replace xmcpdnk2.ord, we are getting rid of the default adjusted layup anims, so we need to set new ones.

Anyway, if people are interested I can make a detailed tutorial.
CarolusXCI

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:31 pm

Any tutorials would definitely be welcome. Handy to have for anyone who wants to go back and modify older games. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005