Guide on how to use 2k Ratings in NBA Live 2005-08

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Guide on how to use 2k Ratings in NBA Live 2005-08

Postby atlwarrior on Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:22 pm

NBA Live can be a tricky game if you follow their formula which is why I don't. You get better game results when you input 2k's ratings into NBA Live.

I used Real2kinsider as my source because he has the best 2k roster. You have to do this a certain way or the game will not play right. The Overalls will be wacky but Idc because the gameplay is amazing.

Let's use LeBron as an example.

Field Goals: 87 (I added close shot and mid range and divided them by 2) Explanation: Field Goals effects both of those things.
3pt: 87 (This one is simple. Just put the 3pt rating from the roster you're using)
FT: 77 (Just use the FT rating from 2k)
Dunk: 85 (Only use Drive Dunk 85 and not stand dunk because NBA Live does not have a rating to calculate stand dunk)
Inside Scoring: 83 (Most people would use close shot or layups alone but that does not work.) (Close shot is a jump shot rating so that is to be used with Field Goals, and Layup alone is not the only aspect of inside scoring) (You add these 4 ratings together and divide them by 4: Layups 99, Post Hook 50, Post Fade 95, Post Control 90)
Off Rebs: 44 (Just copy from 2k roster you're using)
Jump: 85 (Just copy from 2k roster you're using)
Strength: 85 (Just Copy from 2k roster you're using)
Quickness: 80 (Just copy Lateral Quickness)
Speed: 85 (Just copy Speed from 2K roster you're using)
Pass:90 (Just add all 3 pass ratings and divide them by 3)
Dribble: 87 (Just add Ball Control and Ball Speed together and divide them by 2 or you can calculate the midpoint.)
OAware: 99 (Just copy Offense Consistency)
Def Rebs: 77 (Just copy from 2k roster you're using)
Steal: 68 (Just Copy from 2k roster you're using)
Block (Just copy from 2k roster you're using)
DAware: 80 (Copy from Def Consistency)
Stamina or Fatigue: 99 (07 or 08 you would deduct 30 points away because of the substitution bug so that would make him 69 in those games.) (Just copy stamina from 2k)
Hardiness: 90 (Same as durability so just copy that rating from 2k)
Clutch: 99 (Same as Intangibles rating) (People have tested this rating and they say it's a clutch rating) (Only in 07/08)

Primacy: 99 (You will have to use openoffice or db commander to get to this in 06-08) (Just copy from the touches tendency)
ThreeATT: 69 (Edited to 2k's shot 3pt tendency) ( You can only edit this open office or db commander)
Last edited by atlwarrior on Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
atlwarrior

Re: Guide on how to use 2k Ratings in NBA Live 2005-08

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:41 pm

atlwarrior wrote:Dunk: 75 (Why is it so low? Well 2k has 2 dunk ratings and you have to average them both. His Stand Dunk rating is 65 but his Drive Dunk is 85. The midpoint of that is 75. You can add and divide by 2. Whatever works for you.) (He still does crazy dunks at 75)

As long as he has one of the dunk packages with fancy dunks, that'll always be the case. The rating is more about frequency and success rate, though it also determines which package is selected when creating a custom player.

One thing to note with dunk ratings in NBA Live 2005-08 is that players need to at least have a rating of 80 in order to be used in the Dunk Contest, or selected for it in Dynasty/Season mode. With that in mind, you might consider fudging a few ratings here and there for the league's most spectacular dunkers.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:14 am

That's a loss I'm willing to take. I already accepted you can't have it all in these older games if you want to get it to play a certain way. Badger is also doing a lot of great things. Maybe he is able to improvise that issue, but if you want to round up certain players for dunk contest purposes, that wouldn't hurt.
atlwarrior

Postby Murat on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 am

I am reseraching the executable and the game has pretty straightforward methods to define dunk pack stuff.

The function that defines dunkpack for player takes 3 variables which are dunk, height and weight, nothing else.

So don't worry about standing dunk at all.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA Live 2005