Shoe Problem

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

Shoe Problem

Postby JN_big3 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi NLSC users I have a problem in adding shoes in the game. So first of all, What I did was I exported shoes.fsh from xplrcmn.viv Then I tried editing the names of the shoes because the original names were c001 something like that then I changed it's name to sh01 and then I saved it. Then I tried importing it back to xplrcmn.viv. Then I tried playing the game but when I try to find the shoe I can't find it. I tried installing the Shoe Pack of Mel_Fox_76 and it works. I tried looking at the names from his shoes.fsh but the names were the same!!!! What did I do wrong? I use RYFF's shoes
JN_big3

Re: Shoe Problem

Postby Mel_Fox_76 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:08 am

Hi man!
First of all: Don't change any names in a viv or fsh file. This can lead to a crushing game or at least to files that won't be found. The dbf files are kind of a register. So the game checks the dbf files when starting the game and so reads out the viv and fsh files. If you add a shoe file like (for example MJ23) the name has to be used in the right dbf file (shoesacc.dbf) as well. But it's much much easier to just change the shoe pics inside the Original file without changing any names and dbf conflicts.
I was only using EAGraph to export shoes.fsh out of GAMEDIR\render\xplrcmn.viv. Then I opened the exported shoes.fsh file with EAGraph, selected a shoe pic and extracted (save as) it to a folder. Afterwards I used a photo editing software to change the shoe's look and finally opened the shoes.fsh file again with EAGraph and imported my new version of the shoe. Of course, then it's necessary to re-import the patched shoes.fsh file to xplrcmn.viv.
Besides, I imported many shoes made by Xiaoju (Master of NBA Live shoe patching!) for NBA Live 2006 and 2008, fixed them for 2004 and imported those to shoes.fsh.
I really advise you to do it that way. It's easy and everything will work...

C ya

Mel
:roll: The password always is my name. :roll:
Mel_Fox_76

Postby JN_big3 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:41 pm

OK. THANKS MEL But I Have another problem. When I tried importing your shoes in the game it looks like this ( You have to download the pic) http://www.mediafire.com/?da02scwohilfd2i
It's all messed up. I use bigGUI in importing
JN_big3

Postby JN_big3 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi Again. Mel, I tried opening your shoes.fsh using EAGraph and it says "TSHPI Error: Unknown Pixel Format", What's wrong
JN_big3

Postby Mel_Fox_76 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:35 am

What's this bigGUI thing? Don't know it. I am using EAGraph ver 1.04 and I obviously haven't got a problem opening my files or using them in the game... I have no explanation for this error. Sorry.
Try to re-install EAGraph. Check your version. If all this doesn't solve the problem, I have no more idea.

The other problem with black shoes is an indicator for a mistake, probably after patching dbf files. I experienced that with wrong entries for cyber faces. A wrong name (column 'playerpkg' in player.dbf) led to a black head. So in your case, you should try overwrite some dbfs and check if this could be the problem. My shoe patches are working with the Original dbf files (and, of course, my patches;-)). In general, try to patch Original files with all your stuff. Otherwise it's pretty difficult to keep an overview which procedure leads to which result.

Keep on learning!

C ya

Mel
:roll: The password always is my name. :roll:
Mel_Fox_76

Postby JN_big3 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi Mel,
Thanks again. I found out what was the problem I use 0.99 and not 1.04b version. And about the DBF thingy, I'll try to experiment. Again, Thanks man, Couldn't have done it without your help
JN_big3

Return to NBA Live 2004