Player Scale -

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K24 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Player Scale -

Postby bigdimesdrawer on Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:59 am

Hello,

I have played both next-gen and PC versions extensively and have compared photos, side-by-side, in the next-gen version, the players are scaled down 4 inches from their height in the PC version. Also, the movement system in the PC version is a hybrid of 2k23 PC and next-gen (I have some inside information on this), if you scale down the players 4 inches in the PC version of 2k24, the movement system improves drastically with less stutter, it was designed for smaller player models, which is why there are so many hang-ups and weird stutter running animations.

How to compare, stand the players next to the referees, 2K did not make new referee models or animations for smaller models. 6'8" Jayson Tatum is 1 inch taller than the referee on next-gen standing side by side. On PC, 6'4" Jayson Tatum is 1 inch taller than the ref.

Make yourself a new roster with all players scaled down by 4 inches, and watch the gameplay completely change to see for yourself.
bigdimesdrawer

Re: Player Scale -

Postby plp2874 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:24 pm

this is a super interesting find, i cant wait to check it out.
plp2874

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 pm

Can't feel a big difference
sticky-fingers

Postby bigdimesdrawer on Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:53 pm

Since I posted this, the motion system has been reworked stealthy in the latest update. Game speed is no longer tied to the animation system (this is how it is on next-gen). In previous versions, game speed would effect the foot planting and acceleration, it no longer does this, it only effects animation speed and the clock speed. If by some chance a dev reads this, the only last thing to do is fix the screen animations, the min player speed in the motion sliders needs to be atleast 60-65 to prevent that stuttering animation when calling for a screen. I'm sure this is fixable in the code however.
bigdimesdrawer

Return to NBA 2K24 Modding