NBA2K_Hook(NBA2K24)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K24 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NBA2K_Hook(NBA2K24)

Postby looyh on Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:22 pm

Disclaimer

This tool does not provide online cheating, only single-player Mods.
By using this tool, you agree to assume all potential risks and consequences on your own. The developer is not responsible for any liability.

Download
https://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=13548

What’s New

1. The ‘Mods’ folder of Hook (and all custom mod-resource folders) has been moved inside the ‘NBA2K_Hook’ folder, while the ‘mods’ folder in the game’s root directory continues to be managed by the game native. (refer to the end of the post ‘Why did I move the Mods folder of Hook inside the NBA2K_Hook folder?’)

2. Custom resource folders no longer require starting with “Mod”, and 2K24 Hook now supports nested subfolders as resource folders. For example, ‘Foo/Bar’ represents the ‘Bar’ folder within the ‘Foo’ folder as a resource folder. (To create a new folder manually, you can designate it as a resource folder by creating an empty flag file called '.mods' within it. This will indicate to Hook that the folder should be treated as a resource folder. If you're unsure how to do this, you can easily create a new folder using the Hook GUI.)

3. The part of the mod file loading has been refactored to provide better support for loading WAV files. Now you can mod s850.iff and PA WAV files, and have a better experience with custom soundtracks.

2K24 Hook Instructions

Unzip the Hook zip package to your NBA2K24 game directory (the directory where NBA2K24.exe is located) (i.e., place the files ‘dinput8.dll’, ‘NBA2K_Hook.dll’, and the ‘NBA2K_Hook’ folder into the NBA2K24 directory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2K24 Hook tool requires the 1.2 version game exe(the 2nd exe of season 1, version 09/21/2023) :
Download link for the 1.2 exe (This is the original exe, without any modifications, so you can use it with confidence):

mega: Download Link 1
MediaFire: Download Link 2 (you have to unzip it first, password:123)

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hook has fixed some issue for the 1.2 exe:

1. Fixed the keyboard bug. With Hook tool, even if you only use a keyboard, you can operate the game normally.
2. Removed the offline restriction for “MyLeague”, “Roster Loading” and “Player DNA Import/Export”. With Hook, you can use these features in offline mode on Steam without any limitations. (2K has removed the offline restriction for MyLeague in the latest exe, so I think it’s no problem to do the same thing for an old exe)

Q: Why does Hook not adapt to all the game updates like before?

A: Starting from 2K23 season 4, anti-cheat measures were introduced, and with 2K24, the anti-cheat for every update is constantly changing. Therefore, it’s no longer possible to have a Hook version that is universally compatible with all updates. After the 1.2 version of the exe, 2K24 also introduced process module detection, which requires additional bypassing.
Hence, 2K24 Hook would be fixed to use the 1.2 version of the exe and would no longer be updated for subsequent updates. After all, the Hook is not an online cheating tool; it is simply meant to enhance the offline gaming experience.

Q: What are the impacts of using the old version of the exe on the game?

A: If you don’t play online multiplayer matches, then there won’t be any impacts. The roster(hot-update SYNC.BIN) will still update automatically, and you can play MC and MT single-player matches normally.
Online mode: You won’t be able to find opponents for online matches (such as MC Park).

Q: What are the differences between the old version of the exe and the latest exe?

A: Similar to the previous question, if you don’t play online multiplayer matches, there are almost no differences. If you only play online multiplayer modes, you don’t need to use the Hook at all lol. If you play both, you can refer to the following question: “How can I have both EXEs?”

Q: How do I replace and use 1.2 EXE?

A: Open the game directory and replace the current EXE with the 1.2 exe.
How to open the game directory? Open Steam, go to “Library,” find the target game in the your game list, right-click on the game, select “Properties” from the menu, then choose the “Installed Files” tab, and click on “Browse…”

Q: How can I have both EXEs?

A: You can always backup the 1.2 version of the EXE and the latest EXE. How to backup? Rename them.
For example:
if you’re gonna use the latest exe, you can rename 1.2 exe to NBA2K24_1_2.exe, and rename the latest exe to NBA2K24.exe
if you’re gonna use the 1.2 exe, rename the latest exe to NBA2K24_bak.exe and rename NBA2K24_1_2.exe to NBA2K24.exe

(24 New Feature)
Q: Why did I move the Mods folder of Hook inside the NBA2K_Hook folder?

A: Because 2k24 itself provides an incomplete native mod loading, if Hook and the game native use the same mods folder, then when you switch back to the latest EXE or when Hook isn’t initialized, the files inside the mods will still be attempted to be read by the game native. However, due to the game’s insufficient mod loading capability, some files probably can’t be loaded properly, which can result in players/stadiums transparency or even game crashes.
To avoid this problem, I moved the Mods folder of Hook (and all user-created resource folders) inside the NBA2K_Hook folder. This way, when Hook is not initialized, all the mods managed by Hook will not be read by the game native.

(24 New Feature)
Q: How to enable the mod resource folder I created in Hook 2K24 by default when sharing it with others?

A: First, ensure that your file explorer displays file extensions(google it if you don’t know how to enable it).
Inside the mod resource folder you created, you can see a ‘.mods’ file. This file serves as an indicator that the folder is a resource folder. Create a new text document within this folder and rename it to “.enabled” (don’t forget the dot at the beginning). This file tells Hook to enable the mod folder by default when Hook first scans it.
Finally, your mod folder should look like this:
Code: Select all
your_mod_folder/
├── .mods       
├── .enabled
├── other_mod_files(iff files .etc.)…
Last edited by looyh on Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
looyh

Re: NBA2K_Hook(NBA2K24)

Postby Shuajota on Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:22 pm

:goat:
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Mahmood on Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:37 am

:bowdown:
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby OldMan40 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:19 am

Greatest of All Time :bowdown:
OldMan40

Postby dyopopoy on Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:13 pm

:goat: :goat: :goat:
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Postby OldMan40 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:46 pm

Is 1.2 exe the season 2 exe?
OldMan40

Postby looyh on Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:08 am

OldMan40 wrote:Is 1.2 exe the season 2 exe?

It is the 2nd exe of season 1, version 09/21/2023, which NBA2K Official has called v1.2.
looyh

Postby OldMan40 on Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:51 am

looyh wrote:
OldMan40 wrote:Is 1.2 exe the season 2 exe?

It is the 2nd exe of season 1, version 09/21/2023, which NBA2K Official has called v1.2.

Thank you for the reply. Will you be including the v1.2 exe with the hook? My game is on season 2.
OldMan40

Postby sk8pop on Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:51 am

Let me see if I understand!
2k23 mods, nothing will work in 2k24, even if you launch the hook?
When are you planning on launching, more or less, later this year?
thank you for everything
sk8pop

Postby Shuajota on Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:14 am

DAVID-SEP wrote:Let me see if I understand!
2k23 mods, nothing will work in 2k24, even if you launch the hook?
When are you planning on launching, more or less, later this year?
thank you for everything

I don't know where you read that, but Looyh has not said that no 2K23 mod works on NBA 2K24. So far, the 2K mod folder only allows replacing existing files in 2K24. Looyh is working on the hook plugin so that we can add more extra content, such as using new IDs for players with generic faces without an assigned default face ID, cyberfaces with multiple hairstyle options, etc. He has mentioned that his 'hook' will stop working with each 2K update, so he recommends making a backup of the 1.2 exe that it works with. What you are asking has absolutely nothing to do with it. Every year when a new game arrives, not all mods from the previous version have worked. In fact, cyberfaces work this year, but usually, it has been necessary to convert the files. Global files, UI menu, etc., will not work. Although it may visually look like a similar game, many files have changed their structure, so it's a matter of testing what we can take advantage of from 2K23 and what we can't.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby looyh on Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:40 pm

OldMan40 wrote:Thank you for the reply. Will you be including the v1.2 exe with the hook? My game is on season 2.

I will upload the v1.2 exe.

DAVID-SEP wrote:2k23 mods, nothing will work in 2k24, even if you launch the hook?

I have never said that. You can use 2k23 mods on 24, except for global.iff, nba_animations.iff, and jersey fonts. Which files can be used are up to the game itself.

DAVID-SEP wrote:When are you planning on launching, more or less, later this year?

It's already undergoing a testing period. Coming soon.
looyh

Postby matmat66 on Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:50 pm

Really appreciate your effort, looyh! Anyway we can donate? Thank you!!!
matmat66

Postby matmat66 on Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:52 pm

Saw your paypal link man, we can still donate through this? Thanks.
matmat66

Postby looyh on Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:58 am

matmat66 wrote:Saw your paypal link man, we can still donate through this? Thanks.

Yes. http://paypal.me/looyh
Donations are welcome and appreciated.
looyh

Postby OldMan40 on Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:22 am

Appreciate you also uploading the v1.2 exe and the work you've done to get us running on 2K24 and all the previous games as well. I couldn't play 2K without this community making the game what it should be by default. Can't wait for the release!! A donation is incoming sir!!!!

Oh before I forget, besides the hook, is there a roster editor coming as well?
OldMan40

Postby matmat66 on Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:45 am

looyh wrote:
matmat66 wrote:Saw your paypal link man, we can still donate through this? Thanks.

Yes. http://paypal.me/looyh
Donations are welcome and appreciated.

Got this, man. Thanks again.
matmat66

Postby jemamali on Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:39 pm

My apologies in advance. Trying to understand the lingo based on this thread. I see the hook has been released, and thank you for this sir! Will a 2k24 roster editor tools be included as well?
jemamali

Postby dirtydraw on Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:09 am

Thank you so much. Now 2k24 has a reason for existence.

Looyh, is there a simple way to get the 2k23 scoreboards working with the right fonts in 2k24?
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:17 am

Awesome, thank you as always for your hard work!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:49 pm

Thanks for the release Looyh! Can't wait for the PlayerEditor and 2KTools
EpilepticRabbit

Postby StefanDella on Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:03 pm

Thank you so much, as alway really precious work (not taken fro granted). Sorry to bother, am I the only one that has some problems with it? When I launch the exe it crashes immediately, can someone help me fixing it? Thanks!
StefanDella

Postby goonie on Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:44 pm

StefanDella wrote:Thank you so much, as alway really precious work (not taken fro granted). Sorry to bother, am I the only one that has some problems with it? When I launch the exe it crashes immediately, can someone help me fixing it? Thanks!

First thank you Looyh for your work but i have the same problem, crashing after frst loading screen.
goonie

Postby looyh on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:34 am

goonie wrote:
StefanDella wrote:Thank you so much, as alway really precious work (not taken fro granted). Sorry to bother, am I the only one that has some problems with it? When I launch the exe it crashes immediately, can someone help me fixing it? Thanks!

First thank you Looyh for your work but i have the same problem, crashing after frst loading screen.

This issue should have already been fixed in V24.0.1
looyh

Postby StefanDella on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:51 am

looyh wrote:
goonie wrote:

This issue should have already been fixed in V24.0.1

I confirm it works now, thank you very much!
StefanDella

Postby looyh on Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:19 pm

dirtydraw wrote:Thank you so much. Now 2k24 has a reason for existence.

Looyh, is there a simple way to get the 2k23 scoreboards working with the right fonts in 2k24?

You have to find and replace all the values of VC_Font items because the font names have been changed in 2k24.
For example:
2K23 "franklin_medium" -> 2K24 "GLOBAL_BLACK",
"barlow_bold_condensed" -> "GLOBAL_BOLD"
"action_nba_medium" -> "DISPLAY_BOLD"

To find all font names, you can refer to VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE.VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE in english.iff. Open this file in a hex editor using the ANSI or Ascii encoding.
looyh

Next

Return to NBA 2K24 Modding