PS5/XBSeries X/S Reviews are too harsh

Talk about NBA 2K24 here.

PS5/XBSeries X/S Reviews are too harsh

Postby atlwarrior on Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:40 am

I have been playing this game since release and I still do not think it’s a bad game. It’s an improvement from last year's release. The negative feedback I see is from one aspect of the game which is fair but, does it deserve to get overwhelmingly negative user reviews for it? The gameplay is solid once you figure out the shooting, everything else comes naturally.

The dribble shot combos are the best we’ve seen from any basketball game to date. Pro-play was a main selling point before pre-release and they delivered in that department. This is the first game where I feel the balance for each player type. The players that always got the short end of the stick were guards. If I play with a Kyrie, Steph Curry, or, Dame, it feels more like them. I love to play with these players off the dribble and experiment with the pro-play animations.

The AI cpu also saw an improvement. Most people are not going to notice this because majority of the users play online which is fine but if you have not tried offline play too, then you’re cutting yourself short. This is the first game since 2k16 I didn’t look for sliders due to bad cpu gameplay. 2k has had a rough time transitioning modern nba style of play. It’s not perfect but it is close. The user vs cpu game stats are closer to actual nba games they have ever been. The only area they can still see huge improvement, is the rosters but I’ve always used custom rosters. It’s also great we have cross gen roster sharing too.

The eras gameplay is fun too because the teams actually play like teams from different eras. They also allow roster sharing in eras quick play now. They found a way for eras teams to not play like modern nba teams. The atmosphere feels much different than a modern game as it should.

Mynba is really good too. The contract, trade logic is better than last season. This is something that is never perfect but like last year is good enough to keep me playing throughout the year. If you’d like to improve it, there are plenty of slider experts out there to make it more true to life.

I do agree the mycareer/park/rec experience needs work due to MICROTRANSACTIONS. We already spend $70 plus on the game. Although, the features are fulfilling, you should not have us spend tons of money to improve our myplayer. It’s so bad to the point you have to spend money to buy your player’s gear. Otherwise, you’ll be wearing 2k shoes and generic clothes. This a scum move which is why I don’t play it anymore.

This brings the experience down for myself but I am logical enough not to allow one aspect of the game to my score to a 1/10 or 2/10. We live in an era where one aspect of a game can drop a score tremendously for the average user. This is probably due to the ridiculous prices we are paying for games. We still have to keep our logic.

I’ll give this game a 7/10.
atlwarrior

Return to NBA 2K24