Mixed jersey All-Star Games (a brute force approach)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Mixed jersey All-Star Games (a brute force approach)

Postby Mod Flanders on Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:52 am

So it's highly possible that there are more elegant ways to do this and I may be noobing for all to see here... but I hope nobody out there is depriving themselves of replaying the mixed-jersey ASG's (97 to 02) if that's what their heart desires.

So please note the following, and if this helps one person then my job is done.

1) In MyLeague, if you change the Rising Stars game to Rookies vs. Sophomores during the offseason, it will now play with mixed original team uniforms.
2) You can also change the teams to 12 players, can't you?
3) If you have Hook and Tools, you have full control over era-specific uniforms, don't you?
4) You can make any player a rookie or sophomore by changing Years Pro to 1 (Rooks/home) or 2 (Sophs/away) can't you? :cheeky:
5) From there, you just need to grind through each roster and filter out any unwanted rooks and sophs by changing their injury status (I use twisted knee) until you have your desired roster. ***Always backup your ML before you hit Play Game; if you overdo it and go below 12 of each, it won't play.)

A court mod here... A jersey mod there.... and suddenly you have something like this on your humble current-gen version.

NBA 2K23 2024-02-05 12_46_54 PM.png

All for the low, low cost of a scoreboard that still says Rookies/Sophomores.

And remember: you can insert any player you want by quickly importing their DNA into a Create and then copying them into the FA pool.

But this is probably old news.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mod Flanders

Re: Mixed jersey All-Star Games (a brute force approach)

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:29 am

Smart approach, thanx!
sticky-fingers

Re: Mixed jersey All-Star Games (a brute force approach)

Postby dyopopoy on Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:50 am

Good Job Man!
This is a great idea!
Will definitely try this soon!
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding