Hook PlayerEditor+ v1.5 fails with Season 6 patch

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Hook PlayerEditor+ v1.5 fails with Season 6 patch

Postby Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:33 am

With Season 6 patch on PC the Player Editor+ script in Hook fails to initialize. Much probably 2K changed something in the accessories and hence the lua script fails to initialize (specifically the unlock all signatures and elbows).

Now, then, FLS gets recognized as a cheating software. Maybe this is a sign that 2K is preparing to bring next gen to PC also?

EDIT:

Correction. While other scripts seems to work fine, along with mods, the game crashes with Hook enabled after a while. Plugins are not the cause because I disabled all of them and the problems still persists.
Last edited by Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amioran

Re: Hook PlayerEditor+ v1.5 fails with Season 6 patch

Postby Shuajota on Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:23 am

Amioran wrote:With Season 6 patch on PC the Player Editor+ script in Hook fails to initialize. Much probably 2K changed something in the accessories and hence the lua script fails to initialize (specifically the unlock all signatures and elbows).

Now, then, FLS gets recognized as a cheating software. Maybe this is a sign that 2K is preparing to bring next gen to PC also?

No, after every new patch many addresses are changed so we have to wait for Looyh to update that again. Anyway, I bet NBA 2K24 next gen will come to PC because 2K has already done it with WWE 2K23.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby deanwayne101 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:11 am

Shuajota wrote:
Amioran wrote:With Season 6 patch on PC the Player Editor+ script in Hook fails to initialize. Much probably 2K changed something in the accessories and hence the lua script fails to initialize (specifically the unlock all signatures and elbows).

No, after every new patch many addresses are changed so we have to wait for Looyh to update that again. Anyway, I bet NBA 2K24 next gen will come to PC because 2K has already done it with WWE 2K23.

SO WE CAN NO LONGER USE ANY MODS UNTIL HE PUTS OUT A NEW HOOK?
deanwayne101

Postby Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:32 am

Shuajota wrote:No, after every new patch many addresses are changed so we have to wait for Looyh to update that again. Anyway, I bet NBA 2K24 next gen will come to PC because 2K has already done it with WWE 2K23.

I was talking about FLS concerning the "sign" for 2K24 being on PC because this is the first time that the tool is recognized as a cheat program and stops 2K to run if present. Before it stopped working internally (as the mem addresses were changed) but now for the first time 2K recognizes it and prevents the game from starting at all.
Amioran

Postby Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:37 am

deanwayne101 wrote:SO WE CAN NO LONGER USE ANY MODS UNTIL HE PUTS OUT A NEW HOOK?

Mods work fine. Just the Player Editor+ script (that enables all signatures and apparel for a player when you edit) doesn't work anymore.

EDIT:

Correction. No, it doesn't work fine. Hook crashes after a while. So, yes, we have to wait until next version for mods to work as right now the game will crash after a while. I didn't notice because I didn't try to play a game before.
Last edited by Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amioran

Postby Shuajota on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:37 am

Amioran wrote:
Shuajota wrote:No, after every new patch many addresses are changed so we have to wait for Looyh to update that again. Anyway, I bet NBA 2K24 next gen will come to PC because 2K has already done it with WWE 2K23.

I was talking about FLS concerning the "sign" for 2K24 being on PC because this is the first time that the tool is recognized as a cheat program and stops 2K to run if present. Before it stopped working internally (as the mem addresses were changed) but now for the first time 2K recognizes it and prevents the game from starting at all.

Well, basically they did that to prevent people from using that to cheat on online modes.
Shuajota

Postby Shuajota on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:42 am

deanwayne101 wrote:
Shuajota wrote:

SO WE CAN NO LONGER USE ANY MODS UNTIL HE PUTS OUT A NEW HOOK?

Yes I guess.
Shuajota

Postby Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:43 am

Shuajota wrote:Well, basically they did that to prevent people from using that to cheat on online modes.

Sure, but the timing is interesting as before 2K never seemed to care. It can be they are preparing the introduction of cheat detection for PC in anticipation for the next gen introduction and they are now testing how they work. This is just a supposition but 2K never cared in the past about stopping FLS from working.
Amioran

Postby Shuajota on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:49 am

Amioran wrote:
Shuajota wrote:Well, basically they did that to prevent people from using that to cheat on online modes.

Sure, but the timing is interesting as before 2K never seemed to care. It can be they are preparing the introduction of cheat detection for PC in anticipation for the next gen introduction and they are now testing how they work. This is just a supposition but 2K never cared in the past about stopping FLS from working.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. They have been reporting links, videos, tutorials, etc. on how to use that for 3 years.
Shuajota

Postby deanwayne101 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:59 am

My game won’t work with hook in the main folder , when I leave it in it crashes , it’s not Jsut the player edit . I removed and still same issue
deanwayne101

Postby Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:06 am

deanwayne101 wrote:My game won’t work with hook in the main folder , when I leave it in it crashes , it’s not Jsut the player edit . I removed and still same issue

Yes, true. It crashes after a while with Hook enabled. I didn't notice because I just saw the errors on PlayerEditor+ and reported here and I didn't try to play a little while. With Season 5 there was no need for a new version of Hook.
Last edited by Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amioran

Postby Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:11 am

Shuajota wrote:
Amioran wrote:
Shuajota wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with that. They have been reporting links, videos, tutorials, etc. on how to use that for 3 years.

So why just now and never before? As you said yourself Limnono before and now FLS have worked from since 2K15 and 2K never seemed to care to stop them from working. Now, all of a sudden, things have changed. It can be that it is just a coincidence, sure, but I find the timing a little strange.
Amioran

Postby kloppo23 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:24 am

I hate 2k. I hope the NBA Live series will come back again. They only care about online.
kloppo23

Postby dirtydraw on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:41 am

same here, game crashes after a while.... :|
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby Amioran on Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:04 am

dirtydraw wrote:same here, game crashes after a while.... :|

The problem is that, for what I can understand, the game will crash if it recognizes any external tool/program that interacts with the game, or if the latter is modified in any way. If for example you keep open 2K Tools in the background - even if you don't make any edit at all - 2K will crash after a while. The same happens if you make a change to the default roster and you then close 2K Tools: the game will crash. I don't know if Looyh will be able to bypass such a check because this is the first time 2K does such a thing (at least for what I know).
Amioran

Postby deanwayne101 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:22 am

is there anyway to redownload 2k and stop that update from happening ? then redownload with season 5 and offline no updates?
deanwayne101

Postby deanwayne101 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:24 am

is there anyway to redownload 2k and stop that update from happening ? then redownload with season 5 and offline no updates?
deanwayne101

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:51 am

Yeah my game kept crashing, only script I added was the camera one. Looks like I gotta remove it for now.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Shuajota on Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:07 am

The only solution right now is to use a prior exe until Looyh updates the plugin.
Shuajota

Postby deanwayne101 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:17 am

Shuajota wrote:The only solution right now is to use a prior exe until Looyh updates the plugin.

how do we do that ?
deanwayne101

Postby Shuajota on Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:05 am

deanwayne101 wrote:
Shuajota wrote:The only solution right now is to use a prior exe until Looyh updates the plugin.

how do we do that ?

I always make a backup after new patch update.
Shuajota

Postby sk8pop on Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:52 am

it seems that in this link on this page ( https://bbs.eyeuc.com/down/view/23536 ) folks found a solution.
I don't know for sure, because I can't access the site.
someone please that has access, download and distribute for us here please?
sk8pop

Postby Santicruyff on Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:54 am

Looyh wrote this message on his EYEUC page, in case it helps anyone. The only part that I don't understand is "(steam can be reverted to the previous version) so that there is no impact." I tried to search for that on steam and didn't get it.

"With this season6 update, 2K has shelled the exe, as well as runtime detection. So there are a number of things to consider when dealing with this, and the new version of the hook should not come too soon. I have three temporary solutions here: ----------------1. If you do not play online mode, you can backup the new version of NBA2K23.exe and then switch back to the previous version of season5's NBA2K23.exe (steam can be reverted to the previous version) so that there is no impact. ----------------2. If you only play online, there seems to be no need to use mods, you can just delete dinput8.dll from the game directory (this is the entry file for hook auto-injection), after that the hook will not be executed. ----------------3 If you want to play both online and mods, you can use the new exe and change the name of dinput8.dll to disable it when you play online, and use the old exe + dinput8.dll to change the name back when you play mods."
Donations/Support: Paypal
Santicruyff

Postby Shuajota on Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:09 am

DAVID-SEP wrote:it seems that in this link on this page ( https://bbs.eyeuc.com/down/view/23536 ) folks found a solution.
I don't know for sure, because I can't access the site.
someone please that has access, download and distribute for us here please?

The solution is to replace the exe with a previous version until Looyh updates the hook.

Cookiedot shared his own backup: https://www.facebook.com/10003854903087 ... tid=Nif5oz
Shuajota

Postby deanwayne101 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:20 am

Does anyone have instructions how to revert back on steam ?
deanwayne101

Next

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding