File Explorer

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

File Explorer

Postby Check Mike on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 pm

Hello, I'm used to just lurk in these forums and been playing NBA 2K20 the past years. Just decided to try 2K23 and pretty liking it so far.

I would like to know how do you extract the files in the game? I used to use the 2K17 explorer but it doesn't work anymore with 2K23. hope you can help out thanks.
Check Mike

Re: File Explorer

Postby Shuajota on Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:05 am

Check Mike wrote:Hello, I'm used to just lurk in these forums and been playing NBA 2K20 the past years. Just decided to try 2K23 and pretty liking it so far.

I would like to know how do you extract the files in the game? I used to use the 2K17 explorer but it doesn't work anymore with 2K23. hope you can help out thanks.

Here is my tutorial. You can extract files with the 2K23 Hook file extractor.

phpBB [video]
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Check Mike on Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:08 pm

Shuajota wrote:
Check Mike wrote:Hello, I'm used to just lurk in these forums and been playing NBA 2K20 the past years. Just decided to try 2K23 and pretty liking it so far.

phpBB [video]

You're awesome man! Thanks a lot (Y)
Check Mike

Postby Shuajota on Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:44 pm

Check Mike wrote:
Shuajota wrote:

No problem.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby El_Flama_Blanca on Mon May 15, 2023 1:37 pm

Shuajota wrote:
Check Mike wrote:
Shuajota wrote:

No problem.

you have to know the entire file name to use the hook file to export. Is there a way to export the files from "3H" "30" "0A" etc????
El_Flama_Blanca

Postby Bassman58 on Tue May 16, 2023 2:01 am

Search the manifest file using Notepad++ to find the name(s). The files will be extracted from "3H" "30" "0A" etc.
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Bassman58

Postby El_Flama_Blanca on Tue May 16, 2023 11:14 am

Bassman58 wrote:Search the manifest file using Notepad++ to find the name(s). The files will be extracted from "3H" "30" "0A" etc.
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Yeah I actually realized I could do that last night lol. Do you know which would have arena sounds? Like PA sounds when a free throw is made for example
El_Flama_Blanca

Postby Mahmood on Tue May 16, 2023 7:58 pm

You can find these sounds in the file load logs after the play, but it's not worth it. The hook is currently incapable of loading these files properly, so if you attempt to mod them they will only be blanked.
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby El_Flama_Blanca on Wed May 17, 2023 12:58 am

Mahmood wrote:You can find these sounds in the file load logs after the play, but it's not worth it. The hook is currently incapable of loading these files properly, so if you attempt to mod them they will only be blanked.

ah damn that's unfortunate. Just to confirm though, you're talking about sounds like whatever plays after a made three, or turnover, or made free throw etc and also music from the PA system? Seems like that would be something easy to edit but since the hook cant handle it, I'd assume it might not ever be possible. But what do i know
El_Flama_Blanca

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding