NBA2K_Hook For NBA2K23

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA2K_Hook For NBA2K23

Postby jam4nr on Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:43 pm

jk31 wrote:Is there any way to force portraits for teams after relocation/expansion teams?

Have you tried this?
[Hook_Plugin] Forcing Player Portraits
jam4nr

Postby anto1992 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:46 pm

Is there any way to export the commentary lines/audio with the Hook? I would like to export all listenable-to recorded commentary included with the game, from broadcasters (Mike Breen) to on-court personalities, players, etc...

Any way this can be done someway? Any tip would be appreciated!
anto1992

Postby jk31 on Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:05 pm

jam4nr wrote:
jk31 wrote:Is there any way to force portraits for teams after relocation/expansion teams?

Have you tried this?
[Hook_Plugin] Forcing Player Portraits

yes, that's why i am asking. it's not working for expansion teams or if you downloaded a team design. only for "standard" teams.
jk31

Postby Paicius on Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:18 pm

looyh wrote:
Jakeaphid wrote:
looyh wrote:
oneanddone10 wrote:when will the debug menu drop ?

2K has removed those options last year. So we don't have debug menu anymore.

So can we still use sliders in my career?

2K22 unlock debug option plugin works for 23, you can try it

It works, but be careful though, got banned for it recently
https://imgur.com/a/6xzVfP4
Last edited by Paicius on Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paicius

Postby Mahmood on Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:40 am

Paicius wrote:
looyh wrote:
Jakeaphid wrote:
looyh wrote:
oneanddone10 wrote:when will the debug menu drop ?

2K has removed those options last year. So we don't have debug menu anymore.

So can we still use sliders in my career?

2K22 unlock debug option plugin works for 23, you can try it

It works, but be careful though, got banned for it recently
https://imgur.com/a/6xzVfP4

Debug options won't get you banned online, I don't think. If so, this is the first instance I've seen personally. If I had to guess this is a result of changing your CF in 2KTools on MyCareer, or using something like FLSEngine
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby Mahmood on Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:45 am

anto1992 wrote:Is there any way to export the commentary lines/audio with the Hook? I would like to export all listenable-to recorded commentary included with the game, from broadcasters (Mike Breen) to on-court personalities, players, etc...

This is certainly possible, but the voicelines cannot be changed in-game. You can export these voicelines by checking the File Load Logs in Hook during a game. Try to do so after the commentator says the keyword or phrase you're trying to find. Commentary files are usually contained in the newaudio/lines category.

File Name Key:
Lines = General Commentary lines,
Lines_PS = Player-Specific commentary lines
Lines_TS = Team-Specific commentary lines

Hope this helps!
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby anto1992 on Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:28 pm

Mahmood wrote:
anto1992 wrote:Is there any way to export the commentary lines/audio with the Hook? I would like to export all listenable-to recorded commentary included with the game, from broadcasters (Mike Breen) to on-court personalities, players, etc...

This is certainly possible, but the voicelines cannot be changed in-game. You can export these voicelines by checking the File Load Logs in Hook during a game. Try to do so after the commentator says the keyword or phrase you're trying to find. Commentary files are usually contained in the newaudio/lines category.

File Name Key:
Lines = General Commentary lines,
Lines_PS = Player-Specific commentary lines
Lines_TS = Team-Specific commentary lines

Hope this helps!

This is great information to have! I exported a couple of .wav files though and they seem to not be playable? Do I need to do any further conversion to listen to the actual contents of the files? Hmmm
anto1992

Postby chtim1993 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:38 pm

Thanks Looyh! This is awesome!

Can you use this tool to export shoes too? I want to try making adjustments to the actual shapes of various sneakers but I can't figure out how to export the models to Blender...

If it's possible to do, what's the naming convention I should use for it? I see the four-digit shoe ID number in the NBA2k Tools, but I'm guessing it's not the same naming convention to export shoes and players (ie png####.iff for a player face).

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm pretty new to the whole modding world and haven't been able to figure out shoes just yet haha

Thanks again!
chtim1993

Postby jnooks937 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:24 am

Is there a way to change the visiting and home team starting lineup music? If so, can you please direct me how to? I would like to change the Bulls starting lin up music to sirus (or everyone to sirus lol) and the visiting team(s) to what the 90's bulls used instead of that retchid horrible elevator music lol. Thanks in advance ;)

Ohio Bulls fan since 85!
jnooks937

Postby jspirata on Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:51 am

bigpearl wrote:I still can’t toggle the buttons under mod resources on steam deck

Hello! Did you find a solution for this?
jspirata

Postby Mahmood on Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:04 pm

jspirata wrote:
bigpearl wrote:I still can’t toggle the buttons under mod resources on steam deck

A friend of mine has 2K on Steam Deck and said that you must toggle the resources on your Main Computer first and then move that config file to the Steam Deck.
Since there's no input you have to have a 2K Hook config file with the folders you want enabled already.

Hope this helps
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby jspirata on Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:09 pm

Mahmood wrote:
jspirata wrote:

A friend of mine has 2K on Steam Deck and said that you must toggle the resources on your Main Computer first and then move that config file to the Steam Deck.
Since there's no input you have to have a 2K Hook config file with the folders you want enabled already.

Hope this helps

Can you provide me some file through discord/mega/mediafire wtv? I recently sold my pc build where I played 2k and now have only Macbook so not sure if I can do that now hahah
jspirata

Postby cujomatty on Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:47 am

I was looking around the internet yesterday and saw there was a unlock player edit plugin for hook in the past. Does something like that exist so we can edit players in myGM? Its so dumb 2k locks that on last gen but not next gen. Lol
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby tobay2k on Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:26 am

Since 2K just isn't bothering fixing the 30fps cap when Shaq, Ernie and Kenny appear in the halftime show but every other mode's haftime show (WNBA, Team USA and the older All-Star teams) where only the stat sheet is shown after the highlights runs uncapped like it's supposed to do, I am wondering if there might be a possibility to mod/adjust the halftime show of the regular, classic and All-Time NBA teams so that Shaq, Ernie and Kenny won't appear, basically forcing no "pre" show of them and only showing post highlights and the stat sheet like it is with all other modes/teams (WNBA, Team USA and the older All-Star teams) and accordingly fixing the 30fps cap.

Posting this here as well cause Looyh is the first modder I think about who might be able to pull it off since his remarkable adjustments via the hook/scripts.
Last edited by tobay2k on Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tobay2k

Postby rwntrl on Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:21 am

Hi, Looyh

Seems like Player Editor+ is not fully functional after this new patch. Can't seem to load Shoe Unlock, Elbow Accessories, and Unlock All Signatures.

Will you have an update soon?

Thank you
rwntrl

Postby Weaaboob on Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:36 pm

rwntrl wrote:Hi, Looyh

Seems like Player Editor+ is not fully functional after this new patch. Can't seem to load Shoe Unlock, Elbow Accessories, and Unlock All Signatures.

Thank you

yeah i'm experiencing the same thing after the recent 2k update.
Weaaboob

Postby looyh on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:08 am

Weaaboob wrote:

Thank you

This was a bug from the hook tool. I've fixed it in v0.0.19.
looyh

Postby vetmin on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:23 am

looyh wrote:
Weaaboob wrote:

Thank you

:bowdown: :bowdown2: Thanks for the quick fix!
vetmin

Postby rwntrl on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:53 am

looyh wrote:
Weaaboob wrote:

Thank you

Wow. That was quick. Thanks, Looyh. Amazing work.
rwntrl

Postby tobay2k on Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:35 pm

Dear looyh, since we've been stuck with the same net model for such a long time now, would it be possible for you to convert your beautiful realistic net mod from 2K19 viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106106&p=1945074#p1945133 to 2K23?

I already tried it and with renaming the corresponding model and dds files to 2K23's the model is showing up properly but there's some space in between the rim and the net itself.
Your mod also included an adjusted scne file of the net but unfortunately 2K23 crashes while loading up with it in it's global although the default net model basically hasn't changed since 2K19.

Is this scne file responsible for the correct positioning of your net mod? If you don't have the time I'd be very appreciative if you could share instructions how to "convert" it properly :bowdown2:
tobay2k

Postby bikerjimuk on Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:46 am

Mahmood wrote:
jspirata wrote:

Hope this helps

I've just got my Deck, installed NBA2k23, I copied the hook and mod folder and dlls into the same steam files folder but the mods don't appear in game. What do you think I'm missing?
bikerjimuk

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:44 pm

bikerjimuk wrote:
Mahmood wrote:
jspirata wrote:

Hope this helps

I've just got my Deck, installed NBA2k23, I copied the hook and mod folder and dlls into the same steam files folder but the mods don't appear in game. What do you think I'm missing?

this worked for me for nba 2k21 on steam deck havent installed 23 yet.

XanKJ wrote:
nba2k22mods wrote:
XanKJ wrote:I use Linux. NBA 2K22 Hook works great on linux out of the box. Mods are loaded without problems.

How do you do that on linux? let me know please i really wanna play this lol

Download the hook, unpack it into the game folder. If it doesn't work right away, then you need to add "dinput8.dll " in the wine settings. If you play through steam, then you need https://github.com/Matoking/protontricks . Install it, then enter the command "protontricks --gui" in the terminal. Choose a game, the next menu is just OK, the next choice is "winecfg", here is the "Libraries" tab, in the first field you choose "dinput8.dll " click add and apply. Everything is ready, you can close all these menus and start the game, it should work.
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby bikerjimuk on Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:50 am

Cheers Rob, I'll try that later. I'm not massively au fait with linux, is there an install option when I download the app thing?
bikerjimuk

Postby vetmin on Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:44 am

Hey there, looyh. Just a heads up that the latest patch has issues with Player Editor+ and the Team Selecting Screen. Maybe other plugins as well, not sure yet. The Player Editor does not load up properly, so I disabled it (I also got some random crashes I thought it might be responsible for), and I also continued getting crashes on the Team Selecting Screen until I disabled that plugin too, even though the plugin appears to still work until it crashes.
vetmin

Postby Lyncaz on Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:19 am

Yeah, I can confirm, it crashes the game after update...
Lyncaz

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding