NBA2K_Hook For NBA2K23

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA2K_Hook For NBA2K23

Postby RobDavis on Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:03 am

looyh wrote:
Dylaninho wrote:Ho Looyh

Thank you again for all you do this year !

I dont understand in the previous messages so I allow myself to ask you : Are you going to release an NBA 2k23 Tools like you do for 2k21/2k22 ? It's the best mod that which allows you to modify everything (player / team statistics etc..) especially in MyLeague

I know it takes a lot of work but it's just to know if it will be release one day, thanks in advance.

I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to develop it.

I've donated before and I wouldn't mind paying for the 2K Roster Tool.
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby vetmin on Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:49 pm

RobDavis wrote:
looyh wrote:

I dont understand in the previous messages so I allow myself to ask you : Are you going to release an NBA 2k23 Tools like you do for 2k21/2k22 ? It's the best mod that which allows you to modify everything (player / team statistics etc..) especially in MyLeague

I know it takes a lot of work but it's just to know if it will be release one day, thanks in advance.

Same re: willingness to pay a reasonable price if need be. Literally the only no-brainer must-have 2K add-ons (besides the Hook obviously) are 2K Tools and — as of 2k22 — MyLeague+. I’d happily pay for 2k23 editions of both, especially if new features are added.

@looyh: Obviously everyone has greatly appreciated having Tools for free in the past and would massively appreciate another free version, but even if your circumstances have changed and it doesn’t make sense for you to develop it for free anymore, there absolutely is still demand beyond that. On that note, have you considered maybe putting out a free Tools with basic roster-editing functionality (say “2K Tools Lite”) and a premium “Pro” edition with expanded features, maybe even folding last year’s MyLeague+ features into that? I think very casual users may be satisfied with a Lite version, but I think many would download the free one, use it for a bit, then start to crave the expanded premium features. Just a thought. Consider me a Day 1 “Pro” buyer though, if you go this route.
vetmin

Postby Dylaninho on Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:09 pm

that can be a good idea, i think most on this site used 2k tools last season and many of us are waiting for this one. i've donate for everything you already bring us and I will be ready like others to pay if it is necessary to have a "pro" version and even without that, many of us would be ready to donate if you still bring us a magic tool like in previous years because I feel like we have the best 2k there for a very long time.

thanks again for everything.
Dylaninho

Postby Shuajota on Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:22 am

vetmin wrote:
RobDavis wrote:
looyh wrote:

Same re: willingness to pay a reasonable price if need be. Literally the only no-brainer must-have 2K add-ons (besides the Hook obviously) are 2K Tools and — as of 2k22 — MyLeague+. I’d happily pay for 2k23 editions of both, especially if new features are added.

@looyh: Obviously everyone has greatly appreciated having Tools for free in the past and would massively appreciate another free version, but even if your circumstances have changed and it doesn’t make sense for you to develop it for free anymore, there absolutely is still demand beyond that. On that note, have you considered maybe putting out a free Tools with basic roster-editing functionality (say “2K Tools Lite”) and a premium “Pro” edition with expanded features, maybe even folding last year’s MyLeague+ features into that? I think very casual users may be satisfied with a Lite version, but I think many would download the free one, use it for a bit, then start to crave the expanded premium features. Just a thought. Consider me a Day 1 “Pro” buyer though, if you go this route.

Same here, I would happily pay for NBA 2K23 Tools. This tool is the main reason I play on PC.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby KyotoCarl on Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:24 am

vetmin wrote:
RobDavis wrote:
looyh wrote:

I too would do this. A Lite and Advanced version is a great idea.
KyotoCarl

Postby looyh on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:44 pm

PlayerEditor+
## V.5
1. Fixed a bug that the attributes and tendencies didn't change after changing player.
2. Added: All elbow accessories are unlocked
https://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=13351

looyh

Postby BLOMON3Y on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:50 pm

RobDavis wrote:
looyh wrote:

Definitely have no problem to continue to donate.
BLOMON3Y

Postby rwntrl on Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:01 pm

Hi, Looyh

Great work. I do have a question: Why can't I access the tool when I press F8? Properly installed Hook, just like last year, but it's not working for me. Mods are working, but I can't access the GUI menu. Would appreciate any help and clarity on this.

Thanks!
rwntrl

Postby monja on Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:45 pm

looyh wrote:PlayerEditor+
## V.5
1. Fixed a bug that the attributes and tendencies didn't change after changing player.

[ Image ]

Amazing! Fixing what 2k couldn’t care to fix lol. Thanks looyh!
Consider supporting my work by donating here:
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/mnjpata ... le.x=en_US
monja

Postby tobay2k on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:57 pm

looyh wrote:PlayerEditor+
## V.5

[ Image ]

Thank you so much goat Looyh :bowdown2: :fire:
tobay2k

Postby RMJH4 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:40 am

I will too also pay for 2KTools and MyLeague plus. Just started working on an 2001-02 Roster once again, and these would make it much faster. Great work as always Looyh.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby Magnavana on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Can please fix export and import player dna pls pls pls
Magnavana

Postby NightHawkTH32 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 am

BLOMON3Y wrote:
RobDavis wrote:
looyh wrote:

Definitely have no problem to continue to donate.

Would absolutely pay for the 2k tool. It is a gamechanger for PC users. Looyah's work is super valuable
NightHawkTH32

Postby BLOMON3Y on Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:10 am

Hey Looyh, is it a way to code in the next Gen mc cutscenes into mc on pc?
BLOMON3Y

Postby Cocotoon on Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:28 am

Dear looyh,

if you could recreate the tool from the previous games, you would be doing a favor to a 35-year-old dad who doesn't have much time left to play video games and who can't stand everything around the online career mode. :)
Cocotoon

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:45 am

BLOMON3Y wrote:Hey Looyh, is it a way to code in the next Gen mc cutscenes into mc on pc?

looks like some of them are already in the game but since the environment should be in the city, some don't look right.
Use debug mode to watch them. I've gone over debug mode a few times.

EDIT----
Looks like only one Next Gen cutscene is in. The names of the next gen cutscenes are in but they don't show up
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby iFahad81 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:29 am

Count me too, I would happily pay for NBA 2K23 Tools. This tool is the main reason I play on PC.
iFahad81

Postby YourHonkyFriend on Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:45 am

I too would like to raise my hand and stand in line to offer $ for NBA 2k23 Tools. It saves so much time and is incredibly efficient.
YourHonkyFriend

Postby Luke2jc on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:29 am

Looyh- this is my 1st year playing 2k(23) on PC. Usually was a console player. Was looking forward to using the roster editor tool. I really hope you do make it this year. Thus far, the Player Editor+ has been a game changer.
Luke2jc

Postby wokhardt on Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:13 am

Having a Hook Init Failed error with every single version, any ideas? windows 11.
wokhardt

Postby bigpearl on Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:25 am

I’m trying to use this on the steam deck but I don’t get any F8 prompts,I put everything in the NBA 2k23 folder ,is it compatible
bigpearl

Postby bigpearl on Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:25 am

I’m trying to use this on the steam deck but I don’t get any F8 prompts,I put everything in the NBA 2k23 folder ,is it compatible
bigpearl

Postby bikerjimuk on Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:41 am

bigpearl wrote:I’m trying to use this on the steam deck but I don’t get any F8 prompts,I put everything in the NBA 2k23 folder ,is it compatible

Hook works for me under Steam
bikerjimuk

Postby jk31 on Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:10 am

the player editor is really great!

i hoped that this player render would help with the fact, that you don't see the jersey selections when playing myleague online...but unfortunately it didn't help either :/
jk31

Postby bigpearl on Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:26 am

bikerjimuk wrote:
bigpearl wrote:I’m trying to use this on the steam deck but I don’t get any F8 prompts,I put everything in the NBA 2k23 folder ,is it compatible

Hook works for me under Steam

Did you do anything special to get it to work
bigpearl

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding