Small tidbits of information (mostly Mike Wang tweets)

Talk about NBA 2K23 here.

Small tidbits of information (mostly Mike Wang tweets)

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:24 am

Thought it would make sense to have a thread for small things that do not come in a form of a large blog post or something.

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/1554841557412429824
We already knew from the gameplay blog that jump shots will have attributes this year. However the jump shots will also have a rating requirement, which will be whichever is higher of midrange or 3pt rating.
Additionally player's height is also one of the requirements, similar to how dunks work.
So for example to equip Curry's jumper, you will need at least a 96 rating in either midrange or 3pt shooting while being 6'4" or smaller. On the other hand to shoot like Chris Bosh you'll need only 77 rating in either of the skills... but you'll need to be at least 6'10".

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/1554844244786831362
Bullet passer badge is gone and pass speed is now tied to Pass Accuracy rating, making it vital for playmakers.

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/1556640248540438528
The gameplay blog revealed the "adrenaline boosts" feature, which is essentially a resource for high intensity moves.
In this tweet Mike claims that the boosts are restored on shot clock resets and they're "toying with the idea" of restoring 1 or 2 slowly if player slows down (I can imagine waiting in the corner).
Most importantly, block and steal attempts will cost a boost and after player runs out, their rating in these skill will go down.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Re: Small tidbits of information (mostly Mike Wang tweets)

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:05 am

Does anybody know if the jumpshot restrictions are for online/MyCAREER only and not a universal feature? That would be problematic for roster creators if these limitations were also implemented in roster editing.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:00 pm

I believe it's for MyPLAYERs only, same as the seasonal animation drops in NBA 2K22.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 pm

If we go by dunk animation restrictions it makes it pretty safe bet that the restrictions are only for MyPlayers as Andrew said.

Also regarding core badges:
Every badge has an associated challenge (eg. a shooting badge might require X number of made 3's.) When completed you can slot that badge into a core slot which won't count toward your badge points.

Additionally Tracy McGrady's jumpshot animation is one of the refreshed ones this year. He came in to do a mocap session.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby timmyd on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:29 am

RayRay_953 wrote:Does anybody know if the jumpshot restrictions are for online/MyCAREER only and not a universal feature? That would be problematic for roster creators if these limitations were also implemented in roster editing.

For offline users, even now we have jumpshot restrictions. For example when I edit Dirk Nowitzki's jumper, I use the BASE as Tony Parker.... but you cannot select the Tony Parker base until you shrink Dirk to a smaller size like 6'4. You shrink his size, change the shot to Tony Parker and then you can increase Dirk to his regular 7 feet.

This is a work around on Next Gen xbox series S NBA2k22
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:47 pm

Also regarding core badges:
Every badge has an associated challenge (eg. a shooting badge might require X number of made 3's.) When completed you can slot that badge into a core slot which won't count toward your badge points.

Reminds me of the approach to Badges in NBA 2K17. I liked the idea, though the inability to earn Badges through online play was a downfall with that system. With some gamers preferring offline or online exclusively, and plenty who go back and forth between the two, everything has to contribute to the grind.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K23