NBA 2k23 PC to be Last-Gen for 3rd year in a row...

Talk about NBA 2K22 here.

Re: NBA 2k23 PC to be Last-Gen for 3rd year in a row...

Postby jmmontoro on Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:17 am

They added screenshots to Steam, they should be from PC.

jmmontoro

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:47 am

I noticed from the first pic, Jordan is dribbling a "Spalding" ball....hmmmm?
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:25 am

sevin0seven wrote:I noticed from the first pic, Jordan is dribbling a "Spalding" ball....hmmmm?

Probably an arena setting like how the past few 2K's have done. For example, the All-Star teams have a unique basketball that's only used when one of them is the home team (as indicated by the type of ball in the arena settings through LooyH's tools). I wonder if 2K has it to where all the classic teams use the Spalding ball, while the current teams use the Wilson ball.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:19 pm

ThePointForward wrote:Well, it is unfortunately well known that game development is one of the worst part of software development industry. I hope that's changing as there seems to be a push both social from the public and workers in some places unionizing.

Not to mention that it's often the devs, who love their games and can probably be disgruntled themselves with the decisions made by shot callers who are much higher in the food chain, can be often target of the flak from gamers instead of the anonymous shot callers. We have seen high profile game devs decide to GTFO from social media after receiving hate and even death threats. And I don't blame them, because dealing with that is simply not something I'd want to do either.
And honestly, even NLSC's very own Leftos did pull back from both forums and social media at least for some time, even though he used to try and help people on PC as much as he could, gather reports, etc when he got his job at VC. Maybe it's a company policy to prevent unintentional leaks, maybe he just doesn't have the time anymore, maybe it's the above, or maybe all of it in part.

No doubt. They definitely have to be careful as far as what they say, and they're certainly a target for toxicity.

Referring back to the situation with NBA Live 2001 PC, one of our founders, Tim, had just joined the team that year. As such, they let him continue to interact with us and keep us posted on developments. Unfortunately this made him the face of the delayed and eventually scrapped patch for the game, and despite the efforts of people like myself, some of the prominent community members were very unkind to him. This was a guy who'd given so much to the community and was in a difficult spot, as it wasn't his fault. The frustration was understandable, but a few Forum vets acted rather poorly. Not one of our better moments as a community.

RayRay_953 wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:I noticed from the first pic, Jordan is dribbling a "Spalding" ball....hmmmm?

Probably an arena setting like how the past few 2K's have done. For example, the All-Star teams have a unique basketball that's only used when one of them is the home team (as indicated by the type of ball in the arena settings through LooyH's tools). I wonder if 2K has it to where all the classic teams use the Spalding ball, while the current teams use the Wilson ball.

That's a great detail if it's the case. Another asset to facilitate modding projects, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:18 pm

Booker has a Wilson in his hands, so it's probably being an intentional detail for immersion. Not that surprising to be honest given that they already support custom balls in MyTeam.
i9-9900K, RTX 3080, playing at 21:9 1440p
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:23 pm

NBA has no longer a contract with Spalding, i'm surprised by this detail.
Twitter | YouTube | flickr

Retro Mods for NBA 2K21 - 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16
sticky-fingers

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:36 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:NBA has no longer a contract with Spalding, i'm surprised by this detail.

that's what i thought as well... maybe that screen shot was from 2K20, haha (recycle). :lol:
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Previous

Return to NBA 2K23