Why hasent there ever been a Utimate Base Roster mod ???

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Why hasent there ever been a Utimate Base Roster mod ???

Postby Shuajota on Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:22 am

Thanks for the list gregotin. I´ll start with these ones.

These players already have a face scan by 2K:

Amir Johnson - 1452
Kostas Koufos - 1529
Chase Budinger - 1626
Marcus Thornton - 1651
Alonzo Gee - 1723
Ekpe Udoh - 1806
Cole Aldrich - 1811
Luke Babbitt - 1816
Quincy Pondexter - 1826
Greivis Vasquez - 1828
Daniel Orton - 1829
Dexter Pittman - 1832
Jeff Adrien - 1899
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby gregotin on Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:35 am

Shuajota wrote:Thanks for the list gregotin. I´ll start with these ones.

Amir Johnson - 1452
Kostas Koufos - 1529
Chase Budinger - 1626
Marcus Thornton - 1651
Alonzo Gee - 1723
Ekpe Udoh - 1806
Cole Aldrich - 1811
Luke Babbitt - 1816
Quincy Pondexter - 1826
Greivis Vasquez - 1828
Daniel Orton - 1829
Dexter Pittman - 1832
Jeff Adrien - 1899

Yeah not my best list sorry haha.
gregotin

Postby Shuajota on Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:45 am

gregotin wrote:
Shuajota wrote:Thanks for the list gregotin. I´ll start with these ones.

Amir Johnson - 1452
Kostas Koufos - 1529
Chase Budinger - 1626
Marcus Thornton - 1651
Alonzo Gee - 1723
Ekpe Udoh - 1806
Cole Aldrich - 1811
Luke Babbitt - 1816
Quincy Pondexter - 1826
Greivis Vasquez - 1828
Daniel Orton - 1829
Dexter Pittman - 1832
Jeff Adrien - 1899

Yeah not my best list sorry haha.

It´s going to be useful to me.
Shuajota

Postby snake212 on Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:20 am

I just thought about this the other day. But wouldn't it be best and faster is to create all the teams for each year with generic players with ID's and their stats first? Then later on down the line start placing in and creating cyberfaces for these players. I'm asking this because thats how i heard the 2k14 UBR was made. Just a thought
snake212

Postby Shuajota on Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:43 am

snake212 wrote:I just thought about this the other day. But wouldn't it be best and faster is to create all the teams for each year with generic players with ID's and their stats first? Then later on down the line start placing in and creating cyberfaces for these players. I'm asking this because thats how i heard the 2k14 UBR was made. Just a thought

That's exactly what I do on my PCBasket 2K22 roster. First, I focus on the database: creation of dnas, distribution of teams, etc. And later as I'm making cyberfaces, I'm assigning them via NBA 2K22 Tools to each player. I have an excel with the IDs to work in an organized way.
Shuajota

Postby snake212 on Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:24 pm

Shuajota wrote:
snake212 wrote:I just thought about this the other day. But wouldn't it be best and faster is to create all the teams for each year with generic players with ID's and their stats first? Then later on down the line start placing in and creating cyberfaces for these players. I'm asking this because thats how i heard the 2k14 UBR was made. Just a thought

That's exactly what I do on my PCBasket 2K22 roster. First, I focus on the database: creation of dnas, distribution of teams, etc. And later as I'm making cyberfaces, I'm assigning them via NBA 2K22 Tools to each player. I have an excel with the IDs to work in an organized way.

Ok that sounds great. Btw thanks so much for being interested in this. Your work is insane and thank you. Im late here because i never believed in the next gen versions of 2k. They all were all terrible for me, so i stayed with 2k14. But i see guys have been busy with great amazing tools. So yeah, i hope and believe that nba 2k23 will be the game changer like 2k14 was for last gen
snake212

Postby vetmin on Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:57 am

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but is 2k23 really the game one wants to be married to for a decade-long UBR-ish project? Wouldn't it be better to wait for the first new-gen title on PC (or the second, if supporting tools are not as fully developed for the first)? Or -- if one is skeptical that new-gen will even make it to PC -- to wait until it's clear one way or the other?
vetmin

Postby Shuajota on Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:17 am

vetmin wrote:Not to be a Debbie Downer, but is 2k23 really the game one wants to be married to for a decade-long UBR-ish project? Wouldn't it be better to wait for the first new-gen title on PC (or the second, if supporting tools are not as fully developed for the first)? Or -- if one is skeptical that new-gen will even make it to PC -- to wait until it's clear one way or the other?

I understand your approach but we've been waiting 3 years for the next gen version on PC, and we still don't know for sure if 2K will ever bring it. In current gen it was not easy to mod until the third year with NBA 2K17. NBA 2K15 and NBA 2K16 were games with almost non-existent modding activity. I believe that if something motivates us, we should do it. We have a great experience and we have the necessary tools to do it. But we must be several modders in the same boat. In 2022, many people are still playing NBA 2K14. So I don't see a bad idea to choose NBA 2K23 to create a project like this.
Shuajota

Postby timmyd on Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:54 pm

Hey guys,

I can certainly help out on the roster as well. I don't mean to brag, but there are a few tweaks I make to every retro roster which enables simulation stats to be close to there accurate counterparts. In short, I can help and edit certain ratings and tendencies of players and release a MyLeague/Season Slider set which will give users the actual realistic stats.

For instance, early 2000's box scores where a game score would be something like 85-78... and out of those 85 points for let's say the 76ers... Iverson scored 36... on 11-27 shooting with 10 free throws.

What I am able to achieve is pretty cool actually. In simulation, teams won't be shooting many three's.... and players (back in those days weren't as efficient).. so a lot more mid range jumpers... and since the league used to give certain players a ton of foul shots... you will see guys like Shaq and Iverson occasionally have 15 free throws in a game lol.

Let me know if you would like this kind of help. I can jump in whenever needed! I typically spend 4-5 hours per day.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby gregotin on Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:47 pm

timmyd wrote:Hey guys,

I can certainly help out on the roster as well. I don't mean to brag, but there are a few tweaks I make to every retro roster which enables simulation stats to be close to there accurate counterparts. In short, I can help and edit certain ratings and tendencies of players and release a MyLeague/Season Slider set which will give users the actual realistic stats.

For instance, early 2000's box scores where a game score would be something like 85-78... and out of those 85 points for let's say the 76ers... Iverson scored 36... on 11-27 shooting with 10 free throws.

What I am able to achieve is pretty cool actually. In simulation, teams won't be shooting many three's.... and players (back in those days weren't as efficient).. so a lot more mid range jumpers... and since the league used to give certain players a ton of foul shots... you will see guys like Shaq and Iverson occasionally have 15 free throws in a game lol.

Let me know if you would like this kind of help. I can jump in whenever needed! I typically spend 4-5 hours per day.

Yeah man, of course any help is welcome. I think in 2k14's UBR roster you have sliders for each decades.
gregotin

Postby DaPrazident5B on Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:58 pm

Hey everybody,

This thread is so exciting. The perspective to have UBR-like on current Gen hypes me!!!!
About sliders, do you guys could already share specif ones by decade?

Thanks.
DaPrazident5B

Previous

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding