Retro body edits, WIP ('00 76ers vs '02 Magic)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Retro body edits, WIP ('00 76ers vs '02 Magic)

Postby zondac12 on Wed May 25, 2022 3:23 pm

new preview:

phpBB [video]

older:

1st time i've started to edit the players from the past. i started with the sonics and magics.

before and after pic of center ervin johnson on the sonics:

another with dennis scott.

one of things u can do, for those who want to add like a butt slider, is open the appearance file inside the player's png. locate the "hipsthick" as highlighted in the pic below

i would try not to go pass 2.0 but u can mess around with it. it will also change the waist size as seen in the dennis scott pic above.

here's some gameplay below:

phpBB [video]
Last edited by zondac12 on Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zondac12

Re: Retro body edits, WIP (some gameplay)

Postby bayareabred2khead on Fri May 27, 2022 11:20 am

@zondac12 is Photoshop or blender needed to do body edits or just changing numbers in the appearance file?
bayareabred2khead

Postby zondac12 on Fri May 27, 2022 2:38 pm

bayareabred2khead wrote:@zondac12 is Photoshop or blender needed to do body edits or just changing numbers in the appearance file?

each model is different, but u can do body edits with the appearance file. i tend to use all 3.... head size (in blender), appearance file (body portion), hihead (additional body length, particular the legs)
zondac12

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 31, 2022 5:56 am

A lot of the big men could use longer arms... it is a problem throughout the roster.

Love the fact that we can edit the appearance file so easily to make adjustments like that. I did it for Shawn Bradley on NBA 2K19, because his arms were incredibly short. I also had to give him a skinnier body type... they had him looking bulky/buff.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zondac12 on Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:37 am

Dee4Three wrote:A lot of the big men could use longer arms... it is a problem throughout the roster.

Love the fact that we can edit the appearance file so easily to make adjustments like that. I did it for Shawn Bradley on NBA 2K19, because his arms were incredibly short. I also had to give him a skinnier body type... they had him looking bulky/buff.

yeah, the thing i always look at when editing a player model is the head size and where the waist is located. retrojack did a lot of great retro mods as well as some others.

some more new gameplay:

phpBB [video]
zondac12

Re: Retro body edits, WIP ('96 Bulls vs '92 Suns)

Postby bayareabred2khead on Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:19 am

@zondac12 are arm skinniness and head size edits only possible in blender or is that just the best way?
bayareabred2khead

Postby StefanDella on Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 pm

zondac12 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:A lot of the big men could use longer arms... it is a problem throughout the roster.

yeah, the thing i always look at when editing a player model is the head size and where the waist is located. retrojack did a lot of great retro mods as well as some others.
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
some more new gameplay:

phpBB [video]

Great job! Can I ask you where can I get the camera mod? Thank you!
StefanDella

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding