Mood's Mods | 2K22 Remastered v1 OUT NOW!!!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Mood's Mods | 2K22 Remastered v1 OUT NOW!!!

Postby Mahmood on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 am

NBA 2K22 Remastered v1.0 is now available!

NBA 2K22 Remastered is the ultimate transformative project of NBA 2K22. It has been in development since the game came out in September. This mod includes completely overhauled menus, a new, high-definition theme, new in-game sound effects, an all-new soundtrack, and Sportshub's masterful Next-Gen-style Lighting.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z2fsdgp1 ... d.zip/file
Alternate Download: https://tinyurl.com/2K22-Remastered-v1-Alt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, it's that time again! This year, I and a team of talented, creative modders will be bringing back 2K Remastered at a level not seen before. We're including the staples: 30 Team Lighting, an RTGI ReShade, Revamped UI and MyLeague Social Media, but newly this year we're also creating a true-to-life NBA Roster with tendencies, ratings, new jumpshots and more. We also plan to update some cyberfaces including missing legends. No date yet, but we assume it'll be sometime in 2022! Progress will be posted here from time to time along with any other mods I may create on the side. Let's get 22 rolling!

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Mahmood on Sun May 15, 2022 3:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Re: Mood's Mods | NBA 2K22 Remastered and More | Coming Soon

Postby Shuajota on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:27 am

Can´t wait! Great job (Y)
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Re: Mood's Mods | Soundtrack RLSD!

Postby Mahmood on Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:11 am

Released: Official NBA 2K22 Remastered Soundtrack by Mahmood, Krush, and Mr. Fugu.
Old School Rap with multiple callbacks to old 2K's, modern music and more! Contains custom album covers and song text like the original ST.
Prerequisites: NBA 2K Hook v0.0.2 (for 2K22)
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/putrbxwlbhafvrf/NBA_2K22_Remastered_Soundtrack_by_Mahmood%252C_Krush%252C_Mr._Fugu.zip/file

Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby yeltrah123 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Mahmood wrote:
Released: Official NBA 2K22 Remastered Soundtrack by Mahmood, Krush, and Mr. Fugu.
Old School Rap with multiple callbacks to old 2K's, modern music and more! Contains custom album covers and song text like the original ST.
Prerequisites: NBA 2K Hook v0.0.2 (for 2K22)
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/putrbxwlbhafvrf/NBA_2K22_Remastered_Soundtrack_by_Mahmood%252C_Krush%252C_Mr._Fugu.zip/file

[ Image ]

Great work! How do I change the album art? I want to replace some tracks with my own with the album art.
yeltrah123

Postby rafikdar on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:19 am

greate job guys :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
rafikdar

Re: Mood's Mods | 2K22 Remastered Blog

Postby Mahmood on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:15 am

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted an update for Remastered. In the near two weeks since the game has released, I was able to port over a lot of if not all of my existing assets, so I have the literal equivalent of 2K21 Remastered in the game already, but this time it's FAR better. I'm very excited about the UI this year, as there's a lot to improve, go off of, and discover. Let me show you my current progress. Please keep in mind that everything shown in Subject to Change.

Main Menu Overhaul

First off, we've got our staple for Remastered: The Updated UI. As you can see, we've completely redone the main menu. We removed the panel on the left side to make it more spacious, updated Luka with our own art, and, best of all, have introduced MyNBA to NBA2K22 on PC. Gone are the days where we wish MyLeague was updated, because now, every single instance of MyLeague is in the trashbin, never to be seen again. While it may not have the same features as the Next Gen port, it definitely gives you a feeling of evolution and freshness. We've also re-done the main menu background to have actual lighting and a different normal texture -- it no longer feels bland and uninspired as you scroll from mode to mode.

------------------------------------------------------

Roster Editor Overhaul w/ New Fonts

Secondly, we have entirely revamped the Roster screen. We now have a motif (pattern) stretched across both the header and body, which gives it a very nice style. If you have a good eye, you'll also see that the fonts are different. For the first time in years, we have figured out how to effectively implant new / existing fonts into the game via older 2K's. This should freshen up the experience nominally as 2K has decided to use the same fonts for about 3 years in a ROW now. Talk about boring!

Player Editor Overhaul w/ New Idle Animation

Following our breakthrough with the Edit Player Background last year, we now have a perfect base to work upon. This year, I took inspiration from 2K19, and used a reference image to completely rebuild the feel and look of that environment, and put my own twist onto it. Along with this, we have a new Idle Animation, which should make your player feel more alive rather than a stagnant, blinking robot. You can also see our new fonts at play in the UI and Header!

We have also continued to implement our Custom Haircut Names. Some new additions are updated to better reflect the type of cut, and other small changes have been made to better round out the Edit Player Experience.

Jersey Select Screen

Continuing to innovate, we have figured out how to get a floor file to properly display in the Jersey Select screen, and our next step is to successfully port an arena environment that will display. We strive for our level of detail to be similar to Next-Gen, and want to ensure that every corner of Remastered is a substantial upgrade from Vanilla 2K22.

That wraps up this mini blog-esque update. I apologize for the information overload but I really wanted to properly convey what we've been working on the last two weeks. We have accomplished a staggering amount of work, and it's also worth mentioning that we will likely release Remastered before the end of this current year, and push back the release of our Realistic Roster until well into the season, as we want to focus on tangible game UI and graphics for now. Thank you for reading, and I hope this got you excited! :100:

If you have any suggestions for Remastered, please reply this post!
Mahmood
"Mood"

Re: Mood's Mods | 2K22 Remastered Info Blog

Postby tobay2k on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 am

GREAT work guys!! Can't w8 for the end result! Keep grindin :fire: :fire: :fire:
tobay2k

Postby Dantello11 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:33 am

Cant wait to hear more about the MyNBA portion :fire:
Dantello11

Postby Hatchtopher on Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:22 pm

2k21 Remastered was sick AF! Can't wait for 2k22 Remastered. Any ballpark ETA on when it'll be ready?

Great job mood! Remastered is always my favorite mod. A lot of people don't think about how something as simple as menu design affects how we feel about the game. The remastered menus are always waaaaay better than the stock ones. Being a Jordan fan, I absolutely loved the 2k21 remastered menus.
CPU: Intel i7-10700k
GPU: EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3060ti
MOBO: ASUS z-490v
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB)
PSU: Hierarcool 750w RGB

Visit me on Twitch for Live NBA 2k22 action: Twitch.tv/Hatchtopher
Hatchtopher

Postby Mahmood on Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:54 am

Hi all, I'm back again with another update for 2K22 Remastered. It's been a little while since our last update, and we've gotten an utter ton of work done this last grace period. Just recently, I streamed some footage and had a little Q&A on YouTube. If you'd like to see the mod in action, feel free to comb through the video. It will be linked below.
I'd like to share a few things with you, including the release date, so stick around for it, as it's pertinent to the timeline of the mod!

2K22 Remastered Live Stream Recap:
phpBB [video]

Brand-New Fully 3d Player Editor Suite

As you saw in our previous blog, our improvements with the player editor had built a solid foundation to work upon. Now, with a little bit of elbow grease, Psamyou'll and I have implemented an all-new Locker Room background complete with matching lighting in the edit player menu. This environment is entirely 3D and, once you have your hands on Remastered, you'll be finding excuses to check out your favorite player in the editor! The background being 3D also means we can import as many assets / 3D models as we please and will allow us to truly customize our environment if we so choose. As for the lighting, we have enabled Ray-Tracing which comes with some pretty next-level results! Check it out yourself above.

New Murals

Another thing worth mentioning is our inclusion of Murals in Remastered this year. Last year was our first year of releasing Remastered, so we were fairly limited with our content in order to remain consistent with our efforts across the board. With a bigger team this year along with our expanded know-how, we've set out to include a few more prime additions such as Murals for each NBA team. Our guy VDW has been cranking out a few murals a day the past week, and the results couldn't be sweeter. Just check them out above!

Optimized / Next-Gen Fonts

Capitalizing off of our font-related discoveries detailed in our previous blog, I have assigned new fonts for the UI by way of editing the English.iff files. I discovered there were several more font files in the Manifest, so I've been able to experiment with plenty more font selections than I had before. This results in a Next-Gen like UI and an overall fresh experience! The Team Select screen also benefits from this greatly as seen in our Murals screenshot!.

Our 2K22 Remastered scoreboard and existing lower3rd elements also benefit from our newly assigned fonts! Check out our groovy scoreboard above.

All-New Jerseys

Another prime inclusion this year are jerseys specially made for NBA 2K22 Remastered. This was a part I really wanted to include last year but never found the time to create jerseys for each team. Our jersey creator, Krush, has done a fantastic job creating and implementing jerseys with special normal and region maps to make 'em pop! Check out the Brooklyn Nets away jersey above.

All-New Promohub

Since last year, something I wanted more than anything else was to change the Promohub. This year, Psamyou'll has worked has magic once again and created an editable Promohub template. This allows us to show special images, completely implement our own design and more. As Remastered receives updates, you'll find that Changelogs are commonly posted within that version's Promohub. Last year, the Changelogs were in extremely long and complex notepad files, so we've opted to make our changes viewable both in-game and conveniently, likely to the relief of Remastered users.

First Look at Lighting

While our lighting is not quite ready to show off just yet, we've got a little sneak peek of the fidelity you should expect from Remastered. Spoiler Alert, TheMochna is still a master of the lighting scene.

Release Information

After much deliberation with the team and some planning, we have finally chosen a Release Date for NBA 2K22 Remastered! We will release on November 20th, 2021. Our initial release will include all the trappings: Updated UI, Ray-Traced Lighting, a modified Take On Reality Global, Jerseys for each team, etc. Our true-to-life NBA roster will begin development shortly after release, but the timetable for it is still TBD.

That wraps up this update from Team Remastered. We have worked fervently these past two weeks and our work is beginning to pay off massively. While release is the ultimate goal, we're still working to improve and streamline the experience at levels never seen before. And as much as I wanted to show additional content, it would have been entirely too much to post. The content in Remastered this year is really unlike anything I've seen before, and I'm sure our team members will agree. By release time in November, we expect to have all of our ducks in a row and our content finalized. Leading up to the release, we'll no doubt have more to show, so be sure to follow this thread via the Notify options! Thank you for reading this development blog, and thank you for your interest in NBA 2K22 Remastered. See you soon with more updates concerning NBA Twitter, possible 2K Hook Plugins and more! :100:

If you have any suggestions for Remastered, or have any questions about what we've shown, be sure to reply to this post!
Last edited by Mahmood on Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mahmood
"Mood"

Re: Mood's Mods | 2K22 Remastered Mega-Blog + Release Date!

Postby gyozalee on Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:44 pm

This looks promising! looking forward to Nov 20th
Last edited by gyozalee on Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
gyozalee

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:32 pm

It looks beautiful overall
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby voidjointx on Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:35 am

Shit FIRE!!!
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby Shuajota on Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:40 am

:fire: :fire:
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:18 am

Yo this is gonna be game-changing, stuff like this is the pinnacle of modding. I'm especially happy about the soundtrack since this year's 2k soundtrack is asscheeks, i've been turning off every other song in the menu... Lighting is looking spectacular even though it's not ready yet, can't wait!
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby stache9835 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Great stuff man.
stache9835

Postby jongskie on Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Thank you to all the modders and more power. I am rooting for this :bowdown: :bowdown2:
jongskie

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:21 pm

any new updates?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mahmood on Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:48 pm

TGsoGood wrote:any new updates?

Not much, still trying to optimize a nagging crash we've ran into. Starting to worry it's going to take longer than I expect, might delay release a bit if we can't figure it out soon.
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby Mahmood on Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:41 am

Hi all! Just wanted to check in and let you know that Remastered is still on track for release on the 20th, but also to inform you of a new guide I wrote.
This is a guide on SCNE Files by Psamyou'll and I. We feel that not enough people know their way around these files, so we we wanted to share the wealth and knowledge needed to make some sick stuff.
If you have any issues with this tutorial, please message me on here or Discord at Mahmood#0001.

SCNE Modding Guide by Mahmood and Psamyou'll Vol. 1

Prerequisites: Notepad ++
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/26is5v28maxe8av/SCNE+Modding+Guide+by+Mahmood+and+Psamyou'll.pdf/file
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby gyozalee on Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:50 am

@Mahmood, so assuming that the majority of us who are end users, we don't need to know about this pre-requisites as this pdf is intended for modders?
gyozalee

Postby Mahmood on Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:23 am

gyozalee wrote:@Mahmood, so assuming that the majority of us who are end users, we don't need to know about this pre-requisites as this pdf is intended for modders?

The prerequisite I listed is just a program we use primarly for viewing SCNE's and similar files. It's just a simple text editor so it doesn't need very much background to be able to use it correctly. I also want to say that this guide isn't only for modders but also those who are curious how things truly run behind the scenes.
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby bongo88 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:06 am

Mahmood wrote:If you have a good eye, you'll also see that the fonts are different. For the first time in years, we have figured out how to effectively implant new / existing fonts into the game via older 2K's.

Love the scene guide. I think it's a good thing to leave guides on forums.... especially when people drift away and drift back.

Was wondering.... editing the fonts.... did y'all edit english.iff with the 2k9beta iff editor? I could edit the text... but couldn't figure out how to edit the numbers.

Just wondering the method behind the font edits.

Love the blog and the guides. Have a good day.
bongo88

Postby Mahmood on Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:29 am

bongo88 wrote:
Mahmood wrote:If you have a good eye, you'll also see that the fonts are different. For the first time in years, we have figured out how to effectively implant new / existing fonts into the game via older 2K's.

Love the scene guide. I think it's a good thing to leave guides on forums.... especially when people drift away and drift back.

Was wondering.... editing the fonts.... did y'all edit english.iff with the 2k9beta iff editor? I could edit the text... but couldn't figure out how to edit the numbers.

Just wondering the method behind the font edits.

Love the blog and the guides. Have a good day.

I'll PM you!
Mahmood
"Mood"

Re: Mood's Mods | 2K22 Remastered Release Pushed Back

Postby Mahmood on Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:54 am

We have an update concerning the NBA 2K22 Remastered release timeline.

For a little background behind this decision, we've run into some unprecedented issues concerning some of our files causing undiagnosable crashes, rapid finding of new methods, and our personal lives have begun taking more of a precedence as we near the holidays. This decision was not made easily as I had my heart set on release for the 20th, but I have to agree with the team in saying that this is the best course of action to maintain the 'Remastered' brand of mod. We will post new updates soon with an outlook on our possible release timeframe. Sorry to disappoint.
Mahmood
"Mood"

Next

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding