[SHUAJOTA] 2022 DORNAS (30 NBA TEAMS - ALL IN ONE PACK) RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[SHUAJOTA] 2022 DORNAS (30 NBA TEAMS - ALL IN ONE PACK) RELEASED

Postby Shuajota on Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:59 pm

All 30 Teams Done - All in One Pack

Download Link: https://www.shuajota.com/2021/11/nba-2k ... teams.html

100+ dornas converted from Twist´s 2K20 pack.
50+ new dornas from the scratch.
*Thanks to Wan Nian Fan Xing for explaining me how to expand dornas slots.
Last edited by Shuajota on Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:12 am, edited 39 times in total.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Re: DORNA PACK FOR ALL 30 NBA TEAMS (REGULAR SEASON) RELEASED!

Postby vetmin on Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:00 am

These are great! A question and a comment:

Question: When you say "save the roster locally," are you implying that there's a problem with saving and sharing online?

Comment: I haven't tried every arena, but I have seen that Bulls arena crashes for me (i.e., crashes with these dornas, plays fine without them). I tried it twice, the first time it crashed a second or two after tipoff, after I'd already seen a few of the custom dorna graphics display. Second time it crashed during the 2KTV loading screen. My guess was that maybe one of the dorna graphics was not exported in the proper DDS format and that the first time around I was just lucky that it didn't cycle to that dorna graphic until after tip-off, whereas the second time around maybe the problematic graphic had been queued up to be the first to display. I do see of course that you have screenshots in the Bulls arena, so I dunno why it might work for you but not for me.
vetmin

Postby Shuajota on Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:04 am

vetmin wrote:These are great! A question and a comment:

Question: When you say "save the roster locally," are you implying that there's a problem with saving and sharing online?

Comment: I haven't tried every arena, but I have seen that Bulls arena crashes for me (i.e., crashes with these dornas, plays fine without them). I tried it twice, the first time it crashed a second or two after tipoff, after I'd already seen a few of the custom dorna graphics display. Second time it crashed during the 2KTV loading screen. My guess was that maybe one of the dorna graphics was not exported in the proper DDS format and that the first time around I was just lucky that it didn't cycle to that dorna graphic until after tip-off, whereas the second time around maybe the problematic graphic had been queued up to be the first to display. I do see of course that you have screenshots in the Bulls arena, so I dunno why it might work for you but not for me.

Thanks @vietmin for your feedback.
1. No, I meant if someone edits a roster, you guys need to save it. It seems obvious, but there are many who say that the changes are not saved in 2KTools because they forget to save the roster. You can share it online if you want.
Try removing the "generic" folder from Mods/dornas/generic. I think the problem is due to one of those dornas and not the specific ones for Chicago Bulls. And let me know if the error was fixed. I am reediting the generic dornas and expanding the number of them to release a new version that fixes that "bug".
Shuajota

Postby Marek on Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:41 am

Amazing work, thank you! (Y)
Marek

Postby gyozalee on Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:13 am

Thank you for the dornas.

This dorna can be used exclusively and independently without rtomb_03 stanchions and arenas, right?
gyozalee

Postby Shuajota on Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:32 am

Marek wrote:Amazing work, thank you! (Y)

Thank you.
Shuajota

Postby Shuajota on Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:32 am

gyozalee wrote:Thank you for the dornas.

This dorna can be used exclusively and independently without rtomb_03 stanchions and arenas, right?

Exactly.
Shuajota

Postby vetmin on Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:47 am

Shuajota wrote:Try removing the "generic" folder from Mods/dornas/generic. I think the problem is due to one of those dornas and not the specific ones for Chicago Bulls. And let me know if the error was fixed. I am reediting the generic dornas and expanding the number of them to release a new version that fixes that "bug".

That seemed to fix it; thanks!!
vetmin

Postby Shuajota on Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:53 pm

vetmin wrote:
Shuajota wrote:Try removing the "generic" folder from Mods/dornas/generic. I think the problem is due to one of those dornas and not the specific ones for Chicago Bulls. And let me know if the error was fixed. I am reediting the generic dornas and expanding the number of them to release a new version that fixes that "bug".

That seemed to fix it; thanks!!

You are welcome!
Shuajota

Re: [SHUAJOTA] DORNA PACK FOR ALL 30 NBA TEAMS (REGULAR SEASON) RELEASED!

Postby HumanTravesty on Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:10 am

Great work on this!

I just had a quick question...

Most of these are working for me (i.e. Bucks, Bulls, etc), but for some reason the teams that need their Dorna IDs changed to work will not save properly in 2K Tools and are not showing up in-game. I've attempted getting these to work several times with the different teams you've mentioned in your OP, but every time I save my roster locally and immediately load the roster back up to check, the Dorna IDs have all reverted back to their original IDs. Any idea why this might be happening?
Last edited by HumanTravesty on Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
HumanTravesty

Postby gyozalee on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:28 am

HumanTravesty wrote:Great work on this!

Most of these are working for me (i.e. Bucks, Bulls, etc), but for some reason the teams that need their Dorna IDs changed to work will not save properly in 2K Tools and are not showing up in-game. I've attempted getting these to work several times with the different teams you've mentioned in your OP, but every time I save my roster locally and immediately load the roster back up to check, the Dorna IDs have all reverted back to their original IDs. Any idea why this might be happening?

Just trying to quickly help out here. Once you've made all the changes to the Dorna IDs, did you go back to the game and do a save? once you've done a save and exit, your 2Ktools will revert to default.

But only when you load up that roster again then back to 2Ktools, your Dorna IDs should be the updated one.

So in essence, your 2Ktools will only show which roster you've currently loaded in-game. Hope that helps.
gyozalee

Postby HumanTravesty on Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:06 am

gyozalee wrote:
Just trying to quickly help out here. Once you've made all the changes to the Dorna IDs, did you go back to the game and do a save? once you've done a save and exit, your 2Ktools will revert to default.

But only when you load up that roster again then back to 2Ktools, your Dorna IDs should be the updated one.

So in essence, your 2Ktools will only show which roster you've currently loaded in-game. Hope that helps.

I saved the roster in game after making changes to the Dorna IDs. I've then gone on and loaded that roster up in Play Now and played a few games for the first few minutes so I could watch the Dornas cycle to see if they work. For reference, I tested this on the Nets and Lakers, since their IDs needed changed, and their dornas didn't work. Then I checked the Bucks and Bulls since those didn't need edited with the exact same roster, and those do work. That's what prompted me to check the Dorna IDs for my saved roster with 2K Tools again and noticed it's not saving the changed IDs. I've tried this at least 5 times now lol.

By the way, just to make sure this wasn't an obvious user error on my part, I changed the name of a random arena onto a saved roster to ensure I was using 2K Tools correctly and the arena name change appeared in-game (to double-check, I then changed it back and that saved properly as well). That's why I'm wondering why these particular Dorna IDs are not saving right, or what I might be doing wrong?

Were there any necessary files in the 'generic' folder that enabled these? Just curious, because I deleted that folder, per suggestion in this thread, since it was causing my game to crash. The crashing stopped, but I'm wondering if maybe that's why these aren't working now?
HumanTravesty

Postby gyozalee on Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 am

HumanTravesty wrote:
gyozalee wrote:

I saved the roster in game after making changes to the Dorna IDs. I've then gone on and loaded that roster up in Play Now and played a few games for the first few minutes so I could watch the Dornas cycle to see if they work. For reference, I tested this on the Nets and Lakers, since their IDs needed changed, and their dornas didn't work. Then I checked the Bucks and Bulls since those didn't need edited with the exact same roster, and those do work. That's what prompted me to check the Dorna IDs for my saved roster with 2K Tools again and noticed it's not saving the changed IDs. I've tried this at least 5 times now lol.

By the way, just to make sure this wasn't an obvious user error on my part, I changed the name of a random arena onto a saved roster to ensure I was using 2K Tools correctly and the arena name change appeared in-game (to double-check, I then changed it back and that saved properly as well). That's why I'm wondering why these particular Dorna IDs are not saving right, or what I might be doing wrong?

Were there any necessary files in the 'generic' folder that enabled these? Just curious, because I deleted that folder, per suggestion in this thread, since it was causing my game to crash. The crashing stopped, but I'm wondering if maybe that's why these aren't working now?

The new Dorna IDs are retained in my roster file and from memory, when I've downloaded the Dorna files, it didn't have Generic folder inside the dornas folder.

gyozalee

Postby vetmin on Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:46 am

HumanTravesty wrote:Great work on this!

Do you have looyh's RosterModding plugin enabled? If not, enable it then open your roster. The changes should've stuck.
vetmin

Postby HumanTravesty on Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:06 pm

gyozalee wrote:
The new Dorna IDs are retained in my roster file and from memory, when I've downloaded the Dorna files, it didn't have Generic folder inside the dornas folder.

I had the previous version that included the Generic folder. I just noticed the latest version doesn't include it. Thanks for the help, by the way!

vetmin wrote:
Do you have looyh's RosterModding plugin enabled? If not, enable it then open your roster. The changes should've stuck.

There we go! That fixed it. Apparently, I didn't have that installed. Thank you.
HumanTravesty

Postby HumanTravesty on Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Now that I have these working correctly, I noticed a few bugs:

* The Indiana Pacers and New Orleans Pelicans dornas cause the game to crash when trying to load into a game. Deleting the files and reverting the Dorna IDs fixed this.

* The Brooklyn Nets dorna only displays Louisville Cardinal ads:

I checked all the other teams individually, and other than those 3, everything else is working and looks great. :fire: :fire: :fire:
HumanTravesty

Postby Shuajota on Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:14 pm

HumanTravesty wrote:Now that I have these working correctly, I noticed a few bugs:

* The Indiana Pacers and New Orleans Pelicans dornas cause the game to crash when trying to load into a game. Deleting the files and reverting the Dorna IDs fixed this.

* The Brooklyn Nets dorna only displays Louisville Cardinal ads:

[ Image ]

I checked all the other teams individually, and other than those 3, everything else is working and looks great. :fire: :fire: :fire:

That's weird because you should have the 743 folder in Mods / dornas for Brooklyn Nets. It looks like your Hook is not working correctly. Check that and tell me what you have there.
And as vetmin said, you missed the script files for Hook. Here´s my folder: https://mega.nz/file/BEkijS4A#0zCn5mPjO ... Mbe0jNH5nU
Shuajota

Postby Mosdef23 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 am

i can confirm that the new orleans dornas and indiana does crash the game and i have the latest hook and it is enable
Mosdef23

Postby HumanTravesty on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:30 am

Shuajota wrote:That's weird because you should have the 743 folder in Mods / dornas for Brooklyn Nets. It looks like your Hook is not working correctly. Check that and tell me what you have there.
And as vetmin said, you missed the script files for Hook. Here´s my folder: https://mega.nz/file/BEkijS4A#0zCn5mPjO ... Mbe0jNH5nU

I fixed the missing script files, as I have stated in a previous post in response to vetmin, as my Hook folder looked exactly like yours after comparing the two. Regardless, I still used the Hook folder you sent and then redownloaded the Dorna Pack from your site to make sure everything was freshly installed on my end to avoid conflicts.

I loaded each team (that has custom dornas in this pack) individually into a Home game for a few minutes to watch the dornas to ensure they were working correctly for a 2nd time today, as I just did this exact thing last night. As before, all the other teams work. Also, the Nets are displaying the correct dornas now (not sure what happened there as the Nets were the only team that showed college team banners in my testing last night). However, the Indiana Pacers and New Orleans Pelicans files are still causing the game to crash when trying to enter a game, as I had reported earlier.

Sorry, I'm not trying to cause trouble, as I love the work all of you modders do to make this game go above and beyond what 2K does with it each year. I'm simply reporting the bugs I am experiencing in hopes of getting things smoothed out on both ends. Thank you for your time and help!
HumanTravesty

Postby Shuajota on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 am

Mosdef23 wrote:i can confirm that the new orleans dornas and indiana does crash the game and i have the latest hook and it is enable

Ok, I will check them.
Shuajota

Postby HumanTravesty on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:47 am

Awesome!
Last edited by HumanTravesty on Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
HumanTravesty

Postby Shuajota on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:11 am

Update V1.1.

Download Link: https://www.shuajota.com/2021/11/nba-2k ... 0-nba.html

- Fixed crash generic dornas
- Fixed crash with Pacers and Pelicans dornas.
- More updates and expansion slots soon.

Shuajota

Re: [SHUAJOTA] DORNA PACK FOR ALL 30 NBA TEAMS (REGULAR SEASON) V1.1 RELEASED!

Postby sk8pop on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:24 am

that's exactly what I was going to say.
Your work itself is fantastic, dornas updating is an amazing must-do.
but a suggestion.
There should be more dornas for teams with their own slots as well as for teams with generic dornas.
sk8pop

Postby gyozalee on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:58 am

@Shua, so this v1.1 now has Generic folder back again? Do we need the Generic folder inside the dornas folder? I thought the Generic folder is causing some issue?

So i take it that we just delete the previous version (dornas folder) and just copy this dornas to mods folder? assumingly the Generic subfolder inside dornas comes with it.

gyozalee

Postby Shuajota on Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 pm

DAVID-SEP wrote:that's exactly what I was going to say.
Your work itself is fantastic, dornas updating is an amazing must-do.
but a suggestion.
There should be more dornas for teams with their own slots as well as for teams with generic dornas.

Thank you. The number of dornas by default is limited and not all teams have specific slots. I have been chatting with a chinese modder and he has explained to me how to expand it. It takes time, but there will be more dornas in a future update.
Shuajota

Next

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding