Can't save Myleague, Please help

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Can't save Myleague, Please help

Postby Robinhudloom1226 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:06 am

When I try to save a MyLeague file it processes then disappears instantly. I thought all the files are lost. But when I restart the game it's still there. It just can't update the myleague file. thanks for the help
Robinhudloom1226

Re: Can't save Myleague, Please help

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:13 am

Have you tried verifying your game cache through steam, or removing any recently installed mods?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ecwrulz91 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:36 am

Dee4Three wrote:Have you tried verifying your game cache through steam, or removing any recently installed mods?

that's not going to do anything. I was having this issue and had to restart myleague at like 5-6 times. I had a 36 team custom league with a bunch of community downloaded teams, logos, courts, jerseys etc. I don't know the limit, but i started changing logos through the actual team logo .iffs and courts through photoshop editing. Haven't had issues since. So it's really just trial and error with how much you download.
ecwrulz91

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:50 am

ecwrulz91 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Have you tried verifying your game cache through steam, or removing any recently installed mods?

that's not going to do anything. I was having this issue and had to restart myleague at like 5-6 times. I had a 36 team custom league with a bunch of community downloaded teams, logos, courts, jerseys etc. I don't know the limit, but i started changing logos through the actual team logo .iffs and courts through photoshop editing. Haven't had issues since. So it's really just trial and error with how much you download.

That worked for you, but it is most likely not the solution for everybody else. What you said however is worth a try for the OP.

Also noted about your issue. That is the first I have heard of that.

I had issues with MyLeague saving in 2K21, and verified the game cache and it fixed the issue. It also fixed another issue I had where the game wasn't booting up.

Sometimes cracked versions (codex) also will not save properly. That is why I asked if he had the Steam version.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Robinhudloom1226 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:50 am

Thanks for quick reply.

Yes and it did not do anything, I have it on steam.
Robinhudloom1226

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:53 am

Robinhudloom1226 wrote:

Thanks for quick reply.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but installing the game on a different drive? (If you have a second one)

You could always try that.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Robinhudloom1226 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:53 am

ecwrulz91 wrote:

Thanks for quick reply, I think we have same situation, but I only have 30 teams, but I was downloading old jerseys for my 2002 league. Tried changing logo.iff in photoshop too.

What did you exactly do to make it work again? Apparently, I could not save anything, even rosters.
Robinhudloom1226

Postby Robinhudloom1226 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:55 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Robinhudloom1226 wrote:

Thanks for quick reply.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but installing the game on a different drive? (If you have a second one)

You could always try that.

Not yet, but I tried playing it on my other computer and it did the same thing,
Robinhudloom1226

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:08 pm

So yeah, it could be the same issue the user above had.

Hopefully you can get it figured out!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Robinhudloom1226 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:36 am

I thought it was just myleague I can't save, now I could not save anything.

I have it on steam, verified it, reinstall it, nothinh happened, deleted all files in steamapps, nothing happened.

deleted mod and waigua folder, nothing happened.

now the game became useless to me. I wish someone could help me,
Robinhudloom1226

Postby Robinhudloom1226 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:49 pm

I figured it out, apparently, it is one of teams that causing the problem. that team for mine is the sonics, when I download team design for them, it jacks up everything. Just like the other guy says, you just have to edit it on photoshop instead of downloading team design..

Thanks!
Robinhudloom1226

Postby ecwrulz91 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:58 pm

Robinhudloom1226 wrote:I figured it out, apparently, it is one of teams that causing the problem. that team for mine is the sonics, when I download team design for them, it jacks up everything. Just like the other guy says, you just have to edit it on photoshop instead of downloading team design..

Thanks!

Ironically the Sonics is the same team that messed everything up in my save lol. Glad you got it fixed ! Definitely a lifesaver, i was ready to give up on the game.
ecwrulz91

Postby studbucket on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:45 pm

I had this issue a month ago, somehow it "resolved itself" (I can't figure out how) and now I am hitting it again.

I have NBA 2K23. No file (MyLeague, roster, draft, etc) will write to disk in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\38402763\1919590 where things are stored.

I do have a MyLeague with downloaded expansion teams. I am happy to go edit team logos, etc directly. Can you give me precise instructions on what you edited and how you did it? I can't really go back and undo the addition of these teams, because I have 10s of hours into advancing this to 2024-25 and then editing the rosters.
studbucket

Postby studbucket on Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:27 am

Update - completely uninstalling and reinstalling fixed this.

However, it broke last time when my PC rebooted for Windows updates. I'll keep an eye to see if it happens again.
studbucket

Postby studbucket on Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:56 am

Another update. It seems that if I have 3 MyLeague saves everything is fine.

If I have 4 saves, it mostly works and sometimes doesn't.

If I try to add a 5th MyLeague save, I cannot write anything to disk, no matter what it is. Settings, roster, draft, brand new anything.

I'd love to be able to save more than 4 MyLeague files, so if anyone has ideas, let me know.
studbucket

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding