This year is not as simple as "drop mods in mod folder"

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

This year is not as simple as "drop mods in mod folder"

Postby DetroitEWarren on Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:30 am

Can somebody PLEASE explain how to use mods this year. Lighting and court mods ALL make the crowd and players blacked out.

These mods come with a "shared" folder with absolutely no explanation of what to do with the files in that folder (absolutely ridiculous).

Modding is not as simple as "extract hook, place mods in mod folder", THAT S*** DOES NOT WORK.

DOES ANY MODDER HAVE ENOUGH COMMON SENSE TO EXPLAIN THE CHANGES NEEDED THIS YEAR. IT BLOWS MY MIND THERE IS NOT A SINGLE BIT IF INFORMATION ONLINE SMH.
DetroitEWarren

Re: This year is not as simple as "drop mods in mod folder"

Postby gyozalee on Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:42 am

DetroitEWarren wrote:Can somebody PLEASE explain how to use mods this year. Lighting and court mods ALL make the crowd and players blacked out.

These mods come with a "shared" folder with absolutely no explanation of what to do with the files in that folder (absolutely ridiculous).

Modding is not as simple as "extract hook, place mods in mod folder", THAT S*** DOES NOT WORK.

DOES ANY MODDER HAVE ENOUGH COMMON SENSE TO EXPLAIN THE CHANGES NEEDED THIS YEAR. IT BLOWS MY MIND THERE IS NOT A SINGLE BIT IF INFORMATION ONLINE SMH.

Ain't sure which mods you were referring to but I am surprised you whine on mods which these Modders have done completely free of charge for you :?

When you aren't sure, simplest to do is ask, don't you think?
gyozalee

Postby stache9835 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:55 am

OP is 14
stache9835

Postby jk31 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:43 am

just put the shared folder inside the mods folder? its a subfolder. i think it is even explained like this in Mod threads of mods that include the shared folder.
jk31

Postby DJ3thenew23 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:56 am

Lmao I'm an absolute moron and I can install mods, it's really not hard
DJ3thenew23

Postby Mahmood on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:06 am

Did you ever stop to consider that user error is to blame? Mods are the exact same to install this year only with the inclusion of a folder that you literally drag and drop in as well. Shocker, I know. Also, flaming people who create mods for absolutely free in their free time is hilarious... Gotta adapt with the times, OP.
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:44 am

Damn bro, how do you go through life lmao curb your entitlement
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby raven417 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:23 pm

DetroitEWarren wrote:Can somebody PLEASE explain how to use mods this year. Lighting and court mods ALL make the crowd and players blacked out.

If simple instructions doesn't work for you, I don't know what will. It's exactly the same as last year. Stop complaining. You're not even paying this modders.
raven417

Postby spacecake on Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:59 pm

How old are you? lmao
spacecake

Postby Dantello11 on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:30 am

LMAO. "drop mods in mod folder" works just fine for me. This post didnt go the way you thought it would huh?
Dantello11

Postby DetroitEWarren on Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Yo my bad fellas, I knew it was something simple which qslas the only thing that was making me so damn mad, I'm usually a chill dude but Google did me no favors, so I assumed I was missing a step somehow.

I was putting the individual files inside of the "shared" folder into the Mods folder. This wasn't specifically mentioned in any of the videos but it was mentioned in the creator threads made here. You can Google it yourself, none of the tutorial videos tells you what to do with the "shared" folder, so I assumed copy and paste, as always. I've never had to place a whole folder in the "Mods" section, so naturally you would assume to copy and paste the individual files.

I'm good now doe bro my bad, I was feeling kinda stupid because I knew it was something simple as hell. I'm very CPU savy so it threw me off. Using mods are pretty simple, a change to the process that includes using a whole folder should be given a little bit of emphasis. Sometimes the simple can fool the most detailed people, it's easy to overlook the simple when you are used to deep diving problem solving.
DetroitEWarren

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:47 pm

DetroitEWarren wrote:I've never had to place a whole folder in the "Mods" section

Jerseys and music mods need this kind of subfolder to work properly.
sticky-fingers

Postby jk31 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:22 am

DetroitEWarren wrote:I've never had to place a whole folder in the "Mods" section

"dornas"? "clothing"? There always have been Mods that used these subfolders. I even had the "shared" folder in past games.
jk31

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:20 pm

That's what makes the NLSC a good place to keep coming back to, because you can always search the threads from prior years.
A lot of the stuff in the modding community was mad possible because people have spent years giving instructions and insight here on NLSC.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby A-B-X-Y on Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:12 am

sticky-fingers wrote:

Jerseys and music mods need this kind of subfolder to work properly.

Really? I have no folder called "shared" in my "Mods" folder. It seems to be working. Now I'm confused lolololololol.
Image NBA 2K Mod World Discord server ---> https://discord.gg/RdYKUqhhYE
A-B-X-Y

Postby Bassman58 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:21 am

A-B-X-Y, occasionally a mod has a shared folder. If you don't have it you don't need it.
Bassman58

Postby CurryIrving on Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:09 pm

if it's blacked out and you've seen bugs with the shared folder 10/10 i dont work. contact the shared owner so you can diagnose what's going on with it.
CurryIrving

Postby Hatchtopher on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:08 am

It really is as simple as it's been in the past. Anyone who has modded a 2k game previously shouldn't have any issues with modding 2k22. The only real difference this year is the inclusion of additional folders which the hook will use for modded files. Of course there is a small learning curve if you are modding for the first time however if you use the auto-save to the cloud feature with Steam, it's really easy to "fix" the game if any mods have messed it up...just uninstall the game, restart your PC, and then reinstall the game. Trial and error is a great way of learning (unless the person is incapable of learning from their mistakes....and if that's the case, they're gonna be in for a rough life). Also remember that the game is still relatively new and the mod-creators are constantly refining their craft. If one mod doesn't work, delete it and try another. There's tons to choose from.

Just don't come in here and sh*t on the community for, what is likely, user error and not a malfunctioning mod. If you are experiencing issues, be polite, be respectful, and ask for help. When you start with bashing modders and the community, the likelihood of someone taking THEIR time to help YOU is slim-to-none. (Life Lesson #107).
CPU: Intel i7-10700k
GPU: EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3060ti
MOBO: ASUS z-490v
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB)
PSU: Hierarcool 750w RGB

Visit me on Twitch for Live NBA 2k22 action: Twitch.tv/Hatchtopher
Hatchtopher

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding