Why is there no such feature?

Talk about NBA 2K22 here.

Why is there no such feature?

Postby debiler on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm

Please - for the love of god and all that is holy on this good earth - give us a very basic, simple csv export/import function. That's all I would need as a programmer to write an external data editor. I don't know whether 2K are unaware or deliberately obtuse when it comes to this, but editing roster/draft class/player data in bulk is a major pain in the ass. Even 2K22Tool is lacking when it comes to editing large amounts of data. I really don't get how such a simple feature (that hugely adds to the game's immersiveness) has never been part of the game.
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Re: Why is there no such feature?

Postby vetmin on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:14 am

I would love this too, but it'll never be part of the default game; this sounds like more of a feature request for 2K Tools.

That said, just FYI, I created a template for greatly expediting the from-spreadsheet data-transferring process for Attributes and Tendencies (the two biggest pains in the butt) -> viewtopic.php?f=272&t=113686&p=2060874#p2060874

There is also a tutorial video in my follow-up post in that same thread.

It's still a somewhat tedious process to do for an entire roster, since everything is done player-by-player, but it's exponentially quicker than doing EVERYTHING by hand. Back when 2K22 first came out, I ported over spreadsheet-based Tendencies from CelticLG's previous Attention To Detail roster in like a day, when it would take literally weeks to do so 100% manually.
vetmin

Return to NBA 2K22