NBA 2K23 Wishlist

Talk about NBA 2K22 here.

NBA 2K23 Wishlist

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:50 pm

NBA 2K23 Wishlist

Here is our official NBA 2K23 Wishlist topic! This is the place to post constructive feedback that will be submitted to the NBA 2K Development Team; that means anything from bugs that need fixing, to features that you want to see added or improved upon, to anything else you feel would make future NBA 2K games better.

A couple of notes and important suggestions on how to give the most comprehensive and useful feedback (based on previous conversations with developers):

Important Notes & Suggestions

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• One suggested format is to post your top 15-20 wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the 15-20 most important things that NBA 2K23 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but try to prioritise. If you don't have that many suggestions, that's fine too; just post the feedback you have and want to share with the developers.

• Alternatively, post your top ten or so suggestions you have for different aspects of the game, such as gameplay, game modes, presentation, features, and so on. Again, if you have less than ten, no problem. That's a strongly suggested maximum for the lists, not a minimum.

• Make sure that you elaborate and post further details where necessary. There's no need to write an essay - there's nothing wrong with being brief, direct, and to the point - but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback. Explain how you want gameplay to get better, what changes are required to see an improvement. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine, and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing actual feedback and discussing ways to improve the game, please move along. If you want to vent about NBA 2K20, please feel free to make use of other threads in the Forum, but this is a thread for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things, or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky. Explaining what you think is broken or unsatisfactory, and what you want to see changed, is useful feedback. Telling the developers they're stupid, suck, and you hate them, on the other hand, is not.

• Lists of bugs that haven't been resolved in the NBA 2K22 title updates are also most welcome.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. We'll be passing along all feedback in an organised list, which will also contain a "Top Wishes" section based on general consensus.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hosting Fund Contributions: Patreon | PayPal
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K23 Wishlist

Postby clutchcity1994-1995 on Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:54 pm

I would like to see the play calling to go back to what it was in NBA 2k11.
clutchcity1994-1995

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:20 am

My biggest wish is for the newer gen version of the game to be released on PC.

I would also like all of the rebranding features to work without issues (ie jerseys disappearing, pixelated images, image upload taking hours or days to show up in game)

If they have time they should also implement the below feature, but if they can't I wouldn't be upset. I just need the new gen version of the game on PC so we can really get the ball moving.
phpBB [video]
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby vetmin on Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:44 pm

No idea if any of these are already in new-gen, but (in addition to the usual "make everything currently in the game work even better," like more impactful defensive settings and better AI both in-game and in terms of team management, trade proposals, etc.):

(ORDERED ROUGHLY LEAST-TO-MOST AMBITIOUS, i.e., FROM SIMPLE-TO-IMPLEMENT TO PROBABLY VERY INVOLVED/COMPLEX)

• Instant replays for opponents' plays. On the premium (i.e., paid) 2K mobile games that are based on PS3-gen 2K (like NBA 2k18 on iOS), when playing against the CPU, instant replays are shown for standout plays by both oneself and the CPU opponent. That would be ideal for newer 2Ks as well, which currently only show the user's highlights in replays (except for special items like Mobile 1 Blocks and the AT&T Dunk Cam).
  • Full functionality in the main-menu Features menu Roster Creator; for instance, currently when editing a roster outside of MyLeague, you cannot Quick Edit the entire league, adjust the coach's Help Defense slider, set 1st/2nd/3rd scoring options, etc.
  • Saveable & shareable playbooks (like we are able to do with Advanced Rotations).
  • Ability to set freelances outside of an active game / scrimmage (i.e., within the general out-of-game MyLeague Coaching interface, perhaps even in the Roster Creator beneath a coach's Playbook field).
  • More frequent in-game overlays that show how a player is performing in-game. In 2k14 PC, there were more frequent overlays saying things like "STEPHEN CURRY: 7/10 FGA, 3/4 3PA"; pop-ups like that were useful for following how players were doing throughout the game without having to pause and check the box score. They are less common in more recent 2Ks, which seem to focus more on team stats.
  • Ability to disable Player Progression / Regression (i.e., to freeze all Attributes / Badges / Tendencies in one's league so that they do not change over the offseason). Even better, the ability to freeze particular Attributes / Tendencies / Badges; for instance, one could 'lock' the Worm badge, so that after one edits the badge out of one's roster entirely, it doesn't re-insert itself via Player Progression).
  • Ability to veto or tweak changes that appear in the Player Progression/Regression interface in the offseason. This could be as simple as allowing one to Quick Edit on the Progression/Regression screen. This would be useful for managing any progressions/regressions that seem unrealistic.
  • Having the game remember your Quick Plays, or better yet, implementing the ability to save / load different Quick Play configurations (which we could ideally give custom names) within the Offensive Gameplan menu (similar to swapping the freelances in and out of their 4 slots).
  • Force Starter on/off option. Obviously it would be greyed out if Force Non-Starter is on. Force Starter would help to avoid situations where a well-established starter loses his starting spot to a hot-streak bench player. The bench player could of course could be set to Force Non-Starter in order to avoid that situation, but that would prevent the bench player from starting if the well-established starter got injured. For instance, Jordan Poole should not start over an active Klay Thompson -- even if Klay is slumping and Poole is hot -- but Poole SHOULD start if Klay is injured. Force Non-Starter on Poole will keep him benched even if Klay is injured, but Force Starter on Klay would create the intended effect.
  • Ability to set a team's closing lineup (i.e., which would close each half). Ideally this would not be a Force Closer on/off option, but rather an actual lineup interface where the players' positions are specified, to avoid situations where an injury to an assigned closer messes up the positions (like, if Iguodala is injured, the AI should know to sub in a different wing for him, rather than moving Draymond from C to PF and subbing in Looney).
  • Ability to set a player's maximum and/or minimum minutes (to emulate minutes restrictions and perhaps undeservedly-high-but-realistic minutes for lower-rated-but-well-established veterans). If the user's setting creates an impossible scenario where the total minutes can't be filled out, the game should trigger an error message and give the user the choice of fixing it manually or letting the CPU rebuild the rotation (like in the current game when you fail to assign all game minutes in your rotation).
  • Exportable/importable Staff DNA, the more modular the better (on that note, more modular Player DNA import options -- like Import Attributes Only, Import Signatures Only, Import Tendencies Only, etc. -- would be ideal).
  • Option for auto-recognized initial and/or number nicknames for players. Nickname options would ideally include "Initials" / "Initials + Number" / "Number". This would be particularly useful for custom players whose names aren't in the game. "Jalen Duren" (who wears #2) could be spoken by the PA & broadcasters as "JD" or "number 2" or "JD2" (hyphens/spaces should be recognized as breaks between initials, of course; like "Gilgeous-Alexander" being recognized as "GA"). I'm assuming there is already existing audio of the broadcasters and PAs reading off every letter and number, so I'm guessing that this is just a matter of programming rather than gathering audio. Ideally, we would be able to enable/disable these nicknames for players whose names are in the game as well. For instance, "John Smith" (who wears #5) could be spoken as "John Smith" or one of the nickname configurations (like "JS5") for variety, the same way that the game knows to refer to Chris Paul both by his name and "CP3". That should be optional though; Kevon Looney should never be referred to as "KL5".
  • A way to freestyle, scrimmage, and play Quick Games with draft classes. For scrimmages and Quick Games, ideally there would be a setup interface after you choose your draft class in which you could assign 12 draft-class players each to the Ringerz & Ballerz. The enviroment could be a practice facility or something, like in MyLeague scrimmages.
  • Clearly marked and customizable coach bonuses/penalties (in terms of boosts/nerfs to particular attributes, tendencies, and/or badges for all players on the team). For instance, maybe Mike D'Antoni = (for attributes) +2 3pt, +2 offensive consistency, -1 perimeter & post defense, -1 defensive consistency, (for tendencies) +10 all 3pt tendencies, -10 all mid-range tendencies, (for badges) -1 Clamps (so Silver -> Bronze, Bronze -> nothing, nothing stays nothing), +1 Catch & Shoot (so Silver -> Gold, Gold -> HoF, HoF stays HoF). Ideally, in custom rosters, this should be fully customizable with no limits, just as we can edit players to be 99 everything if we really wanted to. As it stands, coaches feel generally pretty cosmetic, so having clear boosts/nerfs associated with particular coaches would give them more meaning and add a whole new dimension to team-building.
  • Less emphasis on static commentary (like Kevin Harlan specifically reflecting on the Bucks' real-life championship win last year) and more emphasis on dynamic, context-dependent commentary (like noting that a player was recently traded within the user's MyLeague/MyNBA and being able to recognize if the player changed conferences, went to a better or worse team, is playing less MPG or more, etc. ... maybe even being able to verbalize the trade, like "Simmons has only been with the team for a few weeks, after the Kings sent Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, and draft capital to the 76ers for him and Georges Niang").
  • A weekly studio show that highlights goings-on around the league (streaks, trades, hirings/firings, standings / playoff picture, All Star voting / event participants, awards races, highlights from players/rookies of the week/month, new records and career/season highs) with fully rendered 'fake' highlights from notable games (like games between contenders or that are notable for other reasons like a new NBA record being set).
vetmin

Postby Pep on Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:46 am

My biggest wish is a comeback of NBA Live, a good NBA Live because 2K needs to have a good rival to improve themselves.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby mp3 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:39 am

Pep wrote:My biggest wish is a comeback of NBA Live, a good NBA Live because 2K needs to have a good rival to improve themselves.

This

As I said on Twitter today

As for 2k just get back to basics and put some sim back in your game it's not alot to ask really.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby redfox000 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:19 am

Biggest wish is offline mycareer mode so when the servers shut down i don't lose everything!
redfox000

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:43 pm

maybe the ability to create small and medium size highschool and college gyms and arenas
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K22