What is causing this pixelation?

Talk about NBA 2K22 here.

What is causing this pixelation?

Postby vetmin on Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:38 pm

I play using the Player Lock camera view, and when looking at court graphics from a distance (i.e., so that the graphics are more slanted as opposed to being viewed straight on), they look pixelated. See these side-by-side screenshots here:
screenshots.jpg

On the left, you can see how the WARRIORS text looks pixelated (particularly in the jaggedness of the W). On the right, I walked over to that place on the court so you can see that it's not a problem with the court itself (the latest SRT Lebron version), since it's perfectly clear when standing right over it.

My PC is powerful enough to run the game on Ultra at a high FPS and I'm using an RTX 3060 graphics card, so I don't think it has anything to do with any sort of hardware limitation. Anyone know what I might need to adjust to fix this (whether within 2K's video settings or Nvidia's)?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vetmin

Re: What is causing this pixelation?

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:41 pm

simple way have you tried to use geforce experience to optimise your game ?
otherwise, many options in nvidia graphics panel could help to fix this.
sticky-fingers

Re: What is causing this pixelation?

Postby vetmin on Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave GeForce Experience a try, and its optimized settings didn't solve the problem, but -- just FYI to any other graphics n00bs reading this who may have stumbled upon the thread trying to solve this problem -- I Googled a bit and found that anisotropic filtering is what handles this sort of texturing problem, and sure enough, it wasn't enabled in my Nvidia settings (in 2K it was enabled to accept that sort of texturing from the graphics card but I didn't have the card set to do it in the first place). Simply going to the Nvidia Control Panel and turning on Anisotropic Filtering (I set it to 16x, as I read that this sort of filtering is not very taxing) fixed the problem completely. Crystal clear now.
vetmin

Return to NBA 2K22