Next Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.6)

Talk about NBA 2K22 here.

Next Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.6)

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Here is the official information, feedback, and discussion thread for the official patches for NBA 2K22 Next Gen (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S). The latest patch for NBA 2K22 Next Gen is Patch 1.6. If you're looking for the Current Gen patch notes, they can be found here.

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.6

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 30th, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 30th, 2021

Patch Notes

The City/MyCAREER/Pro-Am/Rec

• Continued stability and performance improvements have been to enhance the overall experience.
  • Resolved an issue with some Kendrick Perkins videos being unavailable to view, preventing the related quests from being completed.
  • Addressed an issue with The Game music quest line that could prevent it from being completed.
  • Fixed an issue with certain dev coach quests in the NBA not starting, and related stats not being tracked correctly.
  • Quests related to personal brand levels will now track properly before reaching the NBA.
  • Made improvements to the draft stock system in MyCAREER to better reflect your status.
  • Resolved a hang that could occur when changing badge loadout during shootarounds in the City.
  • Addressed an issue where some players would briefly appear invisible when riding vehicles in the City.
  • Fixed a reported issue with invites after finishing a Pro-Am game as a squad.
General

• Various improvements to user interface elements in all modes to enhance the overall experience.
  • Resolved a rare disconnect issue in Play With Friends W Online games.
The following players and coaches have received new scans and/or general likeness updates (as noted):

• Jalen Suggs (new scan)
  • Evan Mobley (new scan)
  • Josh Giddey (new scan)
  • Jonathan Kuminga (new scan)
  • Franz Wagner (new scan)
  • Davion Mitchell (new scan)
  • James Bouknight (new scan)
  • Moses Moody (new scan)
  • Cameron Thomas (new scan)
  • Sabrina Ionescu (new scan)
  • Lexie Brown (new scan)
  • Emma Cannon (new scan)
  • Kahleah Copper (new scan)
  • Arella Guirantes (new scan)
  • Ruthy Hebard (new scan)
  • Teaira McCowan (new scan)
  • Astou Ndour (new scan)
  • Aaliyah Wilson (new scan)
  • LeBron James
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo
  • Paul George
  • Evan Fournier
  • John Collins
  • Stephen Curry
  • Larry Drew
  • Joe Harris
  • Richaun Holmes
  • Rodney Hood
  • Lauren Jackson
  • Steve Kerr
  • Pete Maravich
  • Kenyon Martin
  • Jabari Parker
  • Noelle Quinn
  • Bryant Reeves
  • Sheryl Swoopes
  • Anderson Varejao
  • Derrick White
  • Cody Zeller
MyTEAM

• Injuries have been disabled in MyTEAM Draft games.
  • Applied shoes and badges should now be working correctly in Domination and Challenge games.
  • Addressed a hang that could occur when calling a play in Triple Threat games.
  • Players are no longer forced to use layup timing in MyTEAM Draft games.

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.5

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 22nd, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 22nd, 2021

Patch Notes

• Additional stability improvements in an ongoing effort to improve your user experience.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing City/Rec/Pro-Am/W Online games to disconnect either before the game started or at the conclusion of the game.
  • Addressed an error code issue that was preventing specific MyCAREER saves from being able to load into the City.
  • Significantly improved loading speed when re-entering the City from a building interior (Apartment, Rec, Pro-Am, Event Center, etc.).
  • Improved framerate when navigating the City on the Xbox Series X console.
  • Traditional broadcast cameras are now available for use in MyNBA once again.
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in some MyNBA Online saves to overwrite other pre-existing saves.
  • Gym Rat and On-Court Coach badges are now correctly being applied to all badge loadouts.
  • Increased the velocity required before a player jumps/falls into or over the first row of the crowd via momentum.
  • DJ Booths will no longer allow for tipping when in the proximity of a quest NPC.

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.4

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 17th, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 17th, 2021

Patch Notes

• Additional stability improvements in an ongoing effort to improve your user experience.
  • Fixed issues where some users were unable to progress in select MyCAREER storylines.
  • The Gatorade Private Courts reservation menu will now reliably display your friends list.
  • Fixed just prior to this patch: Users should have already noted improved responsiveness on Squad Invites and newly improved performance in Rec/Pro-Am experiences.

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.3

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 15th, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 15th, 2021

Patch Notes

• Stability Fixes

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.2

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 10th, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 10th, 2021

Patch Notes

• Stability Fixes

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.1

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 10th, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 10th, 2021

Patch Notes

• PA Announcer Audio Fixes
  • Stability Fixes
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hosting Fund Contributions: Patreon | PayPal
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Re: Next Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.01)

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:41 pm

I'll be updating the first post with further information if and when it's made available. A new update is out, but it doesn't have patch notes either. I'm still waiting for my PS5 copy as of writing (Australia Post has really let me down in that regard, as I did pre-order), so I'm not in a position to check anything at this time. Feel free to post any info that you come across!
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Re: Next Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.5)

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:39 am

The latest patch is 1.5, following on from Patch 1.4 last week. I've updated the first post with proper version numbers (as per the official announcements) and added the patch notes that are available.

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.5

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 22nd, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 22nd, 2021

Patch Notes

• Fixed an issue that was causing City/Rec/Pro-Am/W Online games to disconnect either before the game started or at the conclusion of the game.
  • Addressed an error code issue that was preventing specific MyCAREER saves from being able to load into the City.
  • Significantly improved loading speed when re-entering the City from a building interior (Apartment, Rec, Pro-Am, Event Center, etc.).
  • Improved framerate when navigating the City on the Xbox Series X console.
  • Traditional broadcast cameras are now available for use in MyNBA once again.
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in some MyNBA Online saves to overwrite other pre-existing saves.
  • Gym Rat and On-Court Coach badges are now correctly being applied to all badge loadouts.
  • Increased the velocity required before a player jumps/falls into or over the first row of the crowd via momentum.
  • DJ Booths will no longer allow for tipping when in the proximity of a quest NPC.

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.4

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 17th, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 17th, 2021

Patch Notes

• Fixed issues where some users were unable to progress in select MyCAREER storylines.
  • The Gatorade Private Courts reservation menu will now reliably display your friends list.
  • Fixed just prior to this patch: Users should have already noted improved responsiveness on Squad Invites and newly improved performance in Rec/Pro-Am experiences.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 am

Gym Rat and On-Court Coach badges are now correctly being applied to all badge loadouts.

I think that's why I didn't get the boost with gym rat badge. I have it now even though I used the gatorade station 46 times in one day.
i9-9900K, RTX 3080, playing at 21:9 1440p
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:09 pm

Sounds like they tried to patch that exploit/loophole. Wondering if that means if you've already got it that way, you won't ever be able to benefit from the boost.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:26 pm

No, what I mean I got it, but it didn't apply until the patch. Now I do have that extra blue notch in my stamina bar.
And it stayed earned too, the quest and the badge.

(and for the record I maintain innocence since I did 3 star 50 god damn workouts)
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Ah, gotcha. That's good news, then.

I completely agree too, I think the intended requirements are too much. Perhaps I'm slightly jaded and pessimistic, but it wouldn't have surprised me if they had patched that method out and left it broken. We've seen it before.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:25 pm

The most recent patch wiped out ALL of my offline mode saves.

The MyNBA my brother and I were 30+ games into (12 minute quarters), gone.

The game applied the update when I turned on my series X, and after it applied it said that all my offline saves were corrupted and would be replaced.

I am not happy. I put in a ticket with 2K support, but my guess is that they will be able to do nothing.

My motivation to play next-gen now is pretty damn low.

Note: this happened to someone else as well (replied to my tweet), and 2K responded to him with the "server issues" explanation.

So frustrating
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Next Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.6)

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:02 pm

Full notes for the latest patch.

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.6

Release Dates

PlayStation 5: September 30th, 2021
Xbox Series X/S: September 30th, 2021

Patch Notes

The City/MyCAREER/Pro-Am/Rec

• Continued stability and performance improvements have been to enhance the overall experience.
  • Resolved an issue with some Kendrick Perkins videos being unavailable to view, preventing the related quests from being completed.
  • Addressed an issue with The Game music quest line that could prevent it from being completed.
  • Fixed an issue with certain dev coach quests in the NBA not starting, and related stats not being tracked correctly.
  • Quests related to personal brand levels will now track properly before reaching the NBA.
  • Made improvements to the draft stock system in MyCAREER to better reflect your status.
  • Resolved a hang that could occur when changing badge loadout during shootarounds in the City.
  • Addressed an issue where some players would briefly appear invisible when riding vehicles in the City.
  • Fixed a reported issue with invites after finishing a Pro-Am game as a squad.
General

• Various improvements to user interface elements in all modes to enhance the overall experience.
  • Resolved a rare disconnect issue in Play With Friends W Online games.
The following players and coaches have received new scans and/or general likeness updates (as noted):

• Jalen Suggs (new scan)
  • Evan Mobley (new scan)
  • Josh Giddey (new scan)
  • Jonathan Kuminga (new scan)
  • Franz Wagner (new scan)
  • Davion Mitchell (new scan)
  • James Bouknight (new scan)
  • Moses Moody (new scan)
  • Cameron Thomas (new scan)
  • Sabrina Ionescu (new scan)
  • Lexie Brown (new scan)
  • Emma Cannon (new scan)
  • Kahleah Copper (new scan)
  • Arella Guirantes (new scan)
  • Ruthy Hebard (new scan)
  • Teaira McCowan (new scan)
  • Astou Ndour (new scan)
  • Aaliyah Wilson (new scan)
  • LeBron James
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo
  • Paul George
  • Evan Fournier
  • John Collins
  • Stephen Curry
  • Larry Drew
  • Joe Harris
  • Richaun Holmes
  • Rodney Hood
  • Lauren Jackson
  • Steve Kerr
  • Pete Maravich
  • Kenyon Martin
  • Jabari Parker
  • Noelle Quinn
  • Bryant Reeves
  • Sheryl Swoopes
  • Anderson Varejao
  • Derrick White
  • Cody Zeller
MyTEAM

• Injuries have been disabled in MyTEAM Draft games.
  • Applied shoes and badges should now be working correctly in Domination and Challenge games.
  • Addressed a hang that could occur when calling a play in Triple Threat games.
  • Players are no longer forced to use layup timing in MyTEAM Draft games.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:09 pm

Dee4Three wrote:The most recent patch wiped out ALL of my offline mode saves.

The MyNBA my brother and I were 30+ games into (12 minute quarters), gone.

The game applied the update when I turned on my series X, and after it applied it said that all my offline saves were corrupted and would be replaced.

I am not happy. I put in a ticket with 2K support, but my guess is that they will be able to do nothing.

My motivation to play next-gen now is pretty damn low.

Note: this happened to someone else as well (replied to my tweet), and 2K responded to him with the "server issues" explanation.

So frustrating

I'd be ready to shelve the game as well. I really hope they can resolve this, as I'm sure it's happened to more than a few people. It remains the problem with online elements and content, especially when the servers continue to be so problematic.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:20 pm

They definitely have server issues, in NG you can't do daily spins and some other activities, it just says "Got Next not available".
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby rickberge on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:30 am

So will there be any "current gen/PC" patches for this year?
rickberge

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:56 am

I assume there'll probably end up being a few more, if only to add functionality for MyTEAM tournaments and content. There hasn't been one for Current Gen and PC since 1.03 in mid September, though.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby rickberge on Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:58 pm

Okay thanks. But that doesn't mean they can do updates correct? I know on New Gen or whatever they call it, they are fixing the defensive rotation issues without the need for a patch. Hopefully they are doing the same for PC/Current gen.
rickberge

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:59 pm

They can push through tuning fixes and the like independently of patches. How much attention they end up giving Current Gen/PC and how much of a positive impact it has remains to be seen.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K22