Does your game look like this?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Does your game look like this?

Postby RickHolla on Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:11 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry if these questions have been asked previously...but I'm born again on PC (Haven't played since NBA LIVE 2000 :P)

I'm trying to learn as much as possible on my own (Googling things, watching YouTube videos) on how to install and run mods properly...A lot has changed in the past 20 years! Like what the heck is Steam? Lol

In all seriousness, can anyone explain why my courts look like this? I am downloading these files, dropping them into my Mods folder and the screenshots I see attached with these downloads don't look like the screenshots I have included in this topic.

Another issue I have is that every time I select a team to play as with an alternate / city /earned jersey, I can never get the matching hardwood court either, it just defaults to the home court. Has anyone encountered this?

Lastly, I downloaded NBA 2K Tools and followed each step, re-named certain things as required and when I try to save roster, it shows that it saved. However, when I load that specific roster, it just defaults all my changes like they never existed in the first place? Why isn't there a save option on the NBA 2K Tools app?

Shout out to all the modders who take the time to be creative, detailed and upload these variety of dope files. You guys are the reason I abandoned playing 2K on PS4!

Thanks in advance and I hope there are some helpful people in this community who can help an old fart like myself get up to speed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K21 by Andrew on Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:27 pm.
RickHolla

Re: Does your game look like this?

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:45 pm

the arenas you use are bugged (for whatever reason, modder's mistake, updated game)
Arenas files are sXXX.iff , the 2K20 list is mostly the same viewtopic.php?f=259&t=107978
so to fix both arenas you posted, remove s026.iff and s027.iff from your modded folder.
sticky-fingers

Postby RickHolla on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:10 pm

Thanks sticky-fingers for taking the time to reply!

I actually downloaded a ton of mod files when I got the game in December....got frustrated, deleted the game, uninstalled with a full wipe (did this a few times out of frustration) and actually tested which files gave me this problem. So I started installing one mod file at a time to see which files just don't simply run in my game. There were a few.

I'm not sure if it's a mod creator issue, but some files install perfectly with no issue and others end up like the screenshots I provided you.

So I'm not sure what's happening!

But here's the thing deleting those files is the quick easy fix, I want those nice modded edits for areanas, s026.iff and s027.iff!

I deleted them obviously, but now I'm stuck with those default courts.

Any help/suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated!
RickHolla

Postby bikerjimuk on Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:33 pm

I'd recommend finding some newer versions of those stadia.
bikerjimuk

Postby RickHolla on Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:49 pm

Ya I think the modders make the files under their unique settings and then release it to the public.

Maybe system updates cause the files not to run properly?

For instance, just noticed that the Lakers and Celtics Covid courts were working yesterday and today I had a game update and for some reason now they don't work anymore...
RickHolla

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:59 pm

Those issues happen on the last games on some stadiums/floors, after updates.
So if it works before, its probably that.
sticky-fingers

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:31 am

What changed that 2K after every update, the court files get lost or don't work? That never happened in 2K20, or prior versions.
Uncle Drew

Postby RickHolla on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:24 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Those issues happen on the last games on some stadiums/floors, after updates.
So if it works before, its probably that.

Is there a way to correct this?

Re-installing the file into the mods file would fix it or no change at all?
RickHolla

Postby RickHolla on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:26 am

Uncle Drew wrote:What changed that 2K after every update, the court files get lost or don't work? That never happened in 2K20, or prior versions.

Ya I find it frustrating. I'm still learning how all these mods work. Love the effort of all these modders taking the time time to make the game visuals look so identical to a TV broadcast, it's amazing.
RickHolla

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding