multiplayer issue

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

multiplayer issue

Postby callmejah on Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:11 am

Everytime i join in an online game i am able to get past the tipoff then i get this message, does anyone have a solution or guide me in the right path to finding one? thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
callmejah

Re: multiplayer issue

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:41 pm

It's not uncommon with NBA 2K online, especially on PC. Oftentimes it's a server issue, which unfortunately we can't do much about. Aside from that, the only things you can really troubleshoot from your end come down to the quality of the connection: Wi-Fi or Ethernet (Ethernet is better), shutting down anything in the background that's using bandwidth (on your system or anywhere else on your local network, if you have any other devices connected), and the speed you're generally getting. On PC, it's also worth temporarily removing any mods you may be using to see if there are any conflicts.

Ultimately we're all at the mercy of the quality of 2K's online service - or lack thereof - and unfortunately most of their error messages are vague or blame the end user ("There's a problem with your connection to the 2K server"). You can make sure that everything's as good as it can be from your end connection-wise and remove any possible conflicts by temporarily disabling any mods you're using, but beyond that, it comes down to 2K providing a stable online experience.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: multiplayer issue

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Just to follow up on this, Dee4Three and I were playing NBA 2K20 online earlier today, and kept getting this issue. As soon as he disabled his modded folder, we were able to play without any issues (aside from server performance/lag, but no disconnections or errors). So yeah, if you're using mods, try disabling them while you're playing online, and re-enable them when you're back to offline play.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K21