MyLeague files disappearing (can't save)

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

MyLeague files disappearing (can't save)

Postby KoiTranquility on Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Sorry if this isn't the place to post this but I really need someone to help me with this. When I try to save a MyLeague file it processes then disappears instantly. I keep losing progress thinking a save is valid. I have 3 files currently but can't make a new one. If this is the max amount all of a sudden then I'll be extremely disappointed. I never had this issue on console and now playing on PC I fear it's a waste of time because it won't save anything. I even used a different roster. I also tried the share save feature but I can't even do that, it crashes the game completely. I tried disabling steam cloud too but that didn't work either. I'm at a complete loss, any help would be appreciated.
KoiTranquility

Re: MyLeague files disappearing (can't save)

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Try verifying your game cache through Steam.

If that doesnt work, try reinstalling the game (back up your save files just in case)

Do you have any mods installed? Any plugins?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Have you downloaded any custom team designs in any MyLEAGUE saves? I believe there's a persistent legacy issue with that system that can render saves corrupt, and prevent new saves from being created.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby KoiTranquility on Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:16 am

I did try verifying the cache but it didn't work unfortunately. I do have a lot of custom teams but that wasn't an issue on Xbox last year, I had the max amount of leagues and almost every team was custom. Does the PC version have a cap on it for some reason? It seems to me I can't do more than 3 files, the 4th just won't save.
KoiTranquility

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:43 pm

It does seem that there's a bug on PC that results in that issue. It shouldn't be that way, but the issue has persisted through at least a few releases now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Nolopola on Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:53 am

I had a similair issue and I fixed it by deleting my MyLeague saves. (you can look for you your save files in appdata and make a back-up, so you only need to permanently delete the save that's causing issues)
Nolopola

Return to NBA 2K21