NBA 2K21 instantly shutting down

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

NBA 2K21 instantly shutting down

Postby Almokas on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 am

Hi,

I try to turn on Play Now Or Scrimmage mode,but load 100% my game is instantly shutting down. Maybe anything knows How I can fixed it?
Almokas

Re: NBA 2K21 instantly shutting down

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 am

Your platform would help. If you're playing PC version then just verifying game files could help.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Almokas on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:01 am

How I can verify game files?
Almokas

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 am

If you're on PC: in Steam right click the game, select Properties, go to Local Files tab and click "Verify integrity of game files...".
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:04 pm

If you're using any mods, and especially if it's just started happening after installing some new mods, try removing them first of all. You can always troubleshoot them and try to get them to work later if need be, but it's important to see if they're the culprit before worrying about that. Pinpointing the problem and resolving it to get the game working is the priority.

As TPF said, verifying the game files is another troubleshooting step to try, especially if you haven't installed any mods.

Assuming everything's OK there, you need to start looking at potential hardware and software problems, rather than it being an NBA 2K21-specific issue. Check to see if your system is overheating; if it's running hot, then that will be a problem, and you'll need to look into the various solutions for that. If there are any other games you play regularly, check to see if there are any problems with them. That'll also help determine if the issue is specific to NBA 2K21, or there's a wider issue with your system.

If you've recently installed a Windows or driver update, or updated your security software, there might also be problems there. Again, if NBA 2K21 was working fine before and it's just started happening, then start by looking at recent changes to Windows, drivers, and other software, as well as checking the health of your hardware.

Other than that, meeting the minimum (and preferably recommended) system specs is obviously important. I realise that's stating the obvious, but in trying to troubleshoot these problems, it's important to cover all bases and get the right picture of what's going on. I'm guessing it's not the issue here, but it would be irresponsible of me not to mention it for others who may stumble across this topic and want to troubleshoot their problems as well, because sometimes people don't have a good enough rig.

Finally - and I don't say this to accuse you of anything, but it's another base we need to cover for anyone who may jump in to troubleshoot similar problems - if it's a pirated version of the game then you can't fairly expect it to work properly. It's also not something we're going to provide support for or allow discussion of here in our community. Again, just putting it out there for the people who sign up and ask for help, only to mention a few posts in that their game is pirated.

In short, here's what you need to be looking at to troubleshoot the game:

1. Ensuring there are no issues as far as system requirements are concerned.
2. Remove any mods to see if the issue is caused by custom files or is happening with the vanilla game.
3. Verify game files through Steam to ensure there aren't any corrupted or missing files.
4. Make sure there are no hardware issues, such as the CPU/video card overheating.
5. If there are any recent changes to software, drivers, or the operating system, there may be issues there.
6. Use other games to determine if it's an issue with NBA 2K21 specifically, or a hardware/software issue that's affecting your ability to play games in general.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby sanmarco on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Crashing this year is perfectly normal. Either you're lucky with a crash-less install or you're simply f*cked :applaud:
Check out this thread of misfortune - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1225330/discussions/0/2949250308637531742/
Doesn't matter if game's legit or repacked.

@Andrew
NBA 2K21 Update 1.01 Patch Notes

-Improved the stability** of the title in addition to a number of general improvements to the user experience.

Spalla Camicia

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:27 pm

That's the same generic patch note we get every year when they don't release actual detailed patch notes, so it may or may not be anything worthwhile.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K21