No interviews in My career??

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

No interviews in My career??

Postby landrol on Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Are there no post game interviews in 2k21? I've played like 15 games now and not one post game interview. Been averaging like 25, 5 and 11. Not any halftime interviews either. Anyone else experiencing this?
landrol

Re: No interviews in My career??

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:28 pm

it seems that 2K dropped the cut scene this year :crazyeyes:
Twitter | YouTube | flickr

Retro Mods for NBA 2K21 - 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16
sticky-fingers

Postby bt2k1 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:53 am

sticky-fingers wrote:it seems that 2K dropped the cut scene this year :crazyeyes:

it seems more like 2K didn't finish the game completely because of pandemic.
bt2k1

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:23 am

I haven't played far enough into MyCAREER to notice those scenes in particular, but that's interesting.

On one hand, I don't mind that. They became incredibly repetitive filler ("Another double-double for you", and often when I had a triple-double to boot), so their removal streamlines the experience. At the same time, it is flavour content that we've lost, and it's a shame if you did enjoy it.

I've noticed that they've trimmed away a lot of cutscenes this year, such as walking into shops in The Neighborhood and being greeted by the assistant as you walk over to the shelves. Once again, I'd have to say that personally I am a fan of that because it cuts down on the filler, but it does also have the appearance of being slapdash and unfinished.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby landrol on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:38 am

Andrew wrote:I haven't played far enough into MyCAREER to notice those scenes in particular, but that's interesting.

On one hand, I don't mind that. They became incredibly repetitive filler ("Another double-double for you", and often when I had a triple-double to boot), so their removal streamlines the experience. At the same time, it is flavour content that we've lost, and it's a shame if you did enjoy it.

I've noticed that they've trimmed away a lot of cutscenes this year, such as walking into shops in The Neighborhood and being greeted by the assistant as you walk over to the shelves. Once again, I'd have to say that personally I am a fan of that because it cuts down on the filler, but it does also have the appearance of being slapdash and unfinished.

Well, I mean, how are you supposed to build team chemistry? I haven't seen my team chemistry go up at all and you used to get like 2-15% off interviews.
landrol

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:15 am

Ah, good point. It should increase through wins and training sessions (or maybe it doesn't this year and is completely bugged), but yeah, those interviews were a consistent source of chemistry boosts.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K21