MyTEAM NBA 2K21

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Re: MyTEAM NBA 2K21

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:26 pm

deionr829 wrote:Does anyone have tips I never done my team before

Sure! First things first, be sure to enter every Locker Code that's released. This site does an excellent job of tracking them, including when they expire. Most expire in seven days, some last until the end of a Season (which lasts about six weeks), a few never expire, some are limited quantity (though they're rarer now) and the ones that are co-promotions with content creators usually expire in 12 hours. Enter them ASAP, and you'll be able to take advantage of them.

The reason you'll want to do so is that Locker Codes give you an opportunity to beef up your team with some solid (or if you're lucky, great) cards, free of charge. Other than that, I would advise avoiding packs, unless you're also using MyCAREER or another mode to farm VC. The odds simply aren't good, and you'll get a lot of doubles. Packs are for people who are spending money, and while you may choose to do that - it's your money to spend at the end of the day - I'm an advocate for No Money Spent.

Instead, play through the Challenges, Triple Threat Offline, and Domination to get rewards and build your team. If you have any interest in the online modes in MyTEAM, wait until you've built up your collection first, or you're probably going to be overmatched by gamers who have already snagged some of the top cards.

It's something that applies to MyLEAGUE/MyNBA as well, but don't be put off by Overall Ratings. You won't need a team stacked with 90+ Overall players to beat the CPU, except on the tougher Challenges. There are Ruby cards (high 80s) that are very effective, because the individual ratings are what make them lights out shooters or unstoppable on the drive. You can view cards and check out their attributes beyond the Overall Rating, to get a better idea of how they play. Word to the wise, Rex Chapman from the IDOLs series is a gun. He can usually be found pretty cheaply in the Auction House.

Speaking of the Auction House, that's what you should save your MT for. I'd advise being patient and looking for the best deal. When new cards drop, they hit the Auction House at extortionate prices. Their value will drop over time. There's also no need to overpay for fairly common cards (Ruby level and lower). One thing you do have to be aware of this year is that some of the items on The Agenda require you to use Original Owner cards, which means ones you pull from a pack or Locker Code, or earn through one of the modes, and not anything you've bought in the Auction House. Original Owner cards have an "OO" sticker on them.

Logging in every day will also earn various rewards. They're not always that useful, but packs of contracts are quite common rewards. As long as you're logging in regularly, you'll remain stocked up on contracts, and probably never have to buy them. Log in every day of the week, and you'll get to spin the wheel for other rewards. The trick is to do everything you can to build your team without spending any money on VC, and any VC on packs. It's more of a grind, but it's a lot cheaper, and more satisfying in my opinion.

That should get you started, but any other questions, feel free to ask!
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby reds824 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:41 am

Hello, new at modding this game. I have a question. I bought 2k21 on xbox but its my first time playing myteam. I got into it, and i like it, but the cards are too expensive. I would like to purchase 2k21 on pc now, and would like to mod the myteam roster, for example, today a kobe and shaq pantheon pack was released. I want those cards, and was wondering if I can just add them to my MyTeam with the help of mods from this site.
reds824

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:28 am

It's not possible, no.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby cavs4872 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Thank God it's not possible lol.
cavs4872

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:26 am

Agreed. A majority of people definitely wouldn't be sticking to the offline modes with modded lineups. We've seen how that's ruined the online scene in MyCAREER's connected modes on PC.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby cavs4872 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:37 pm

He has arrived. :cry: I recently sold off my entire collection for like no reason and it's about to pay dividends.
cavs4872

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:59 pm

I'll wait and see if he drops in price at all, but in any event, it's awesome to see him back in the game. (Y)

I've been playing a lot more MyTEAM this year, splitting time between pretty much every offline mode with an online game here or there for XP. It's been really refreshing after so many years pouring hours into MyCAREER, which I have played a little of this year, but nowhere near as much. It's been great having an incentive to use different cards that would normally just sit in the collection making up numbers. The progression rate could be better as some of the XP rewards are low and the Season Agenda isn't always very even in reward placement and XP levels, but it's keeping me entertained. I think this is the year I'll be able to get through a lot of Domination as well.

My biggest gripe remains the broken economy, thanks to the third party MT selling and low in-game rewards. I can still enjoy the mode regardless, but it does ruin the Auction House and remove all incentive to even consider buying packs.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 am

Picked up Galaxy Opal Bill Walton from the prize board.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby cavs4872 on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:25 am

Just had a game-winner in my second game with Ben... wasn't terribly exciting given my opponent's defense was pretty bad. Bought Amethyst Rose for cheap; got the Bulls court, logo and jerseys as well. All I need is 25 more tokens to get Amethyst Noah, which is pretty sad cause that was one of the MLK rewards but I missed it.
cavs4872

Postby cavs4872 on Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:30 am

Just had another crazy game: trailing by 12 with a minute and change left; some late-game heroics by Ben Gordon take the game to OT (he missed a buzzer-beating dunk by a fraction of a second); we got up by 7 and my opponent rages with a minute and a half left. Kinda funny they raged when I was in a much worse position than them. Ben finishes with 43 and 11 dimes... love this card. I benched Rose and play him at point guard.
cavs4872

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:38 pm

Picked up the Grand Prize again. Unfortunately, as it cannot be auctioned, best I can do with it is 5000 MT or the Exchange. It's cents on the dollar either way, but I opted for the Exchange.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:33 pm

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K21