Slider settings for button shooting

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Slider settings for button shooting

Postby assist726 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:50 pm

Really not a bit fan of the pro stick aiming as it seems like I am able to do any sort of fine grain control, any movement of the right stick after holding down results in the bar going all the way to the left or right. Figured would be best if I just stuck to the old button shooting mechanic.

I only play MyLeague offline so was hoping for the suggestions on sliders for an equivalent experience to 2K20 HoF but for 2K21 non pro stick, seems like I need to at least button mid range and three point shooting into the low 60s to make any open ones at all.
assist726

Re: Slider settings for button shooting

Postby MrArni on Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:34 am

I use keyboard with these settings and that's what I've got...How to deal with this?
MrArni

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:51 am

I am working on some sliders, and will upload a gameplay video shortly.

Because aiming doesn't feel like real shooting to begin with, and the mechanic itself is so flawed, we play on user timing, with the meter off, and aiming off.

The tweaks I made to the sliders are also supposed to improve players movement, which is really poor once again this year. I'll place the video in here and start a slider thread soon.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby assist726 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Dee4Three wrote:I am working on some sliders, and will upload a gameplay video shortly.

Because aiming doesn't feel like real shooting to begin with, and the mechanic itself is so flawed, we play on user timing, with the meter off, and aiming off.

The tweaks I made to the sliders are also supposed to improve players movement, which is really poor once again this year. I'll place the video in here and start a slider thread soon.

Looking forward to it!

But I do have to say I feel this years player contact is slightly improved from last years albeit still not great. It seems that at least I can't just hold down turbo and run down the right side of the court and get a free layup everytime with any player who has 80+ speed
assist726

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:28 pm

assist726 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I am working on some sliders, and will upload a gameplay video shortly.

Looking forward to it!

But I do have to say I feel this years player contact is slightly improved from last years albeit still not great. It seems that at least I can't just hold down turbo and run down the right side of the court and get a free layup everytime with any player who has 80+ speed

I posted the thread here (2K21 main section)

viewtopic.php?f=264&t=110629
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K21