Mamba Forever Edition Includes Standard Edition For Other Gen

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Mamba Forever Edition Includes Standard Edition For Other Gen

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:21 am

As reported by Operation Sports, the Mamba Forever Edition will also grant access to a copy of the Standard Edition on the opposite generation.

In other words, if you buy the Mamba Forever Edition on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, it'll include a copy of the Standard Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X at no additional cost, saving you having to double-dip if you decide to upgrade around the holiday season. Buying the Mamba Forever Edition on PS5/XSX will likewise include access to a copy of the Standard Edition on PS4 and X1. I'm guessing more people will be going forwards than backwards on that deal, but it's worth noting all the same.

Also note that the offer only applies to the Mamba Forever edition. It also doesn't apply to the PC version, which has been confirmed as being a Current Gen port this year.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: Mamba Forever Edition Includes Standard Edition For Other Gen

Postby Hadley88 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:28 am

I haven't bought 2K20 and won't buy 2K21.
Hadley88

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:16 am

FAQ on the upgrades:

PHYSICAL COPIES
Q: When will I get my next-gen copy of NBA 2K21 if I ordered the current-gen NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition?
A: When you purchase NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One physically, your next-gen copy of NBA 2K21 will be bundled in a code included in the box that contains all of the additional content from the Mamba Forever Edition. Once you redeem the content, a digital copy of the game will be added to the same PlayStation or Xbox account. It will be playable once NBA 2K21 has launched on the respective next-gen console later this year.

Q: When will I get my current-gen copy of NBA 2K21 if I ordered the next-gen NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition?
A: When you purchase NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X physically, your current-gen copy of NBA 2K21 will be bundled in a code included in the box that contains all of the additional content from the Mamba Forever Edition. Once you receive your physical copy, you can redeem the content and a digital copy of the current-gen game will be added to the same PlayStation or Xbox account.

Q: Does this mean that if I buy a physical copy of NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X after the current-gen launch on September 4, I won’t get my current-gen copy until next-gen launches?
A: Yes, as your current-gen copy of NBA 2K21 will be bundled in a code included in the box that contains all of the additional content from the Mamba Forever Edition, you would need to wait to receive the physical copy of the game.

DIGITAL COPIES
Q: When will I get my next-gen copy of NBA 2K21 if I ordered the current-gen NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition?
A: When you purchase NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One digitally, a digital copy of the next-gen version of NBA 2K21 will be added to the same PlayStation or Xbox account. It will be playable once NBA 2K21 has launched on the respective next-gen console later this year.

Q: When will I get my current-gen copy of NBA 2K21 if I ordered the next-gen NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition?
A: When you purchase NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X digitally, a digital copy of the current-gen version of NBA 2K21 will be added to the same PlayStation or Xbox account. It will be playable on your respective PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console once NBA 2K21 has launched on September 4.

Q: Does this mean that if I buy a digital copy of NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X after the current-gen launch on September 4, I won’t get my current-gen copy until next-gen launches?
A: For digital players, you will be able to play your current-gen copy of NBA 2K21 any time after September 4.
i9-9900K, 32GB @ 3866MHz, 980 Ti Classy to be replaced by RTX 3080
https://www.twitch.tv/thepointforward

ImageImageImage
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Good looking out, clears up a few details. (Y)
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 pm

So this Kobe's edition is just like any other previous legends editions, its all about money and VC.
2K will give nothing to an association or to the mamba academy ?
btw why the fuck did they put a nike logo on the jersey ?!
Twitter | YouTube | flickr

Retro Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:59 pm

No word on any charitable donations at this time. It's something they could be doing quietly, but given it would be good PR to mention it, it's probably not a stretch to conclude they aren't.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K21