Stats off, what to edit?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Stats off, what to edit?

Postby Leander on Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:53 am

What should I edit when stats are off? Are stats a combination of attributes and gameplay sliders? With stats I mean season stats in simulated seasons...

Some PF and C of my 94-95 roster have a low FG%...Rik Smits 33%...Moses Malone went for three twice...in a game me vs. the CPU.

Moreover, RPG are too high...about 10 players average between 18 and 11 RPG.
Leander

Re: Stats off, what to edit?

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:13 am

Gameplay sliders don't affect simulated stats. Ratings/attributes and tendencies are the place to start.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leander on Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:44 am

Thanks!

Is there a tutorial for NBA2k20 Tools? I checked tendencies and some players habe e.g. 3pt tendency of 40...although they do not shoot threes. Don't know why this made it into some players' files. When I set the 3pt tendency to 0, does this prevent him from shooting from downtown or do I have to edit ALL sub tendencies too? e.g. 3pt center, 3pt left, 3pt right etc.?

EDIT Here's a screenshot. Rony Seikaly should not shoot threes...yet he does like other PFs and Cs

Is it sufficient to change the green value or do I need to change all yellow ones too to prevent him from going for three?
Leander

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:50 pm

I believe editing the "master" tendency is sufficient, since it's the overall frequency whereas the others are situational/positional for the amount of threes that are taken. It probably wouldn't hurt to make the latter tendencies zero as well, but you can probably just start with Shot Three Tendency and see how that goes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leander on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:06 pm

Thanks! I don't know why several players have incorrect tendencies...Rik Smits, Seikaly...basicaly, just sim a season, then check for <40% FG%...and you'll find out WHY PF and C have such low values. :) Because of 3PA...
Leander

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding