Olympic Basketball Legacy - V6.1 RELEASED! 160 teams! [pg.9]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [UPDATE] OBH Mini Project. Lesson #2: Unless you're from America...

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:09 am

Will this mod also have year-appropriate basketballs (some years with a regular ball, some years with the Molten ball, etc.)? I think it's possible to assign each team a unique basketball with either the Hook or 2K20Tools.
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:54 am

Olympic history lesson #2: The American Nightmare

Probably one of my favourite Olympics. First, because of Sarunas Jasikevicis performance during group stage and of course a fantastic final game, Argentina vs Italy.
A

www.espn.com:
Passed over by every NBA team and known mostly for his last-second miss in Sydney, a Lithuanian guard made a name for himself:
Sah-ROO'-nis Yah-seh-KEH'-vih-shuhs.

Team USA turned in its best performance yet in Athens, but still lost to Lithuania. Sarunas Jasikevicius, whose off-target 3-pointer kept his team from pulling off the biggest upset of the 2000 Games, didn't miss when it counted Saturday night in a thrilling 94-90 victory against the United States.
He scored 28 points and hit three in a row from behind the arc as the fourth quarter wound down, including a rare four-point play that put his team ahead to stay.

As Sarunas said himself, the win did not mean much to him as it was only a group stage. USA beats Lithuania to win the bronze medals.
Fun fact:
During the game against the USA, French, Spanish and other countries‘ fans joined Lithuanian fans and supported the small European country. Later, Greek police officers surrounded the fans, just to be on the safe side I guess.

phpBB [video]

https://i.ibb.co/CQhb9QN/image.jpg[/img]

B

Argentina - a once-in-a-generation team, led by Manu Ginobili, brought down the “Dream Team” and won gold at the 2004 Olympic Games.
The DNA of what went on to be called The Golden Generation was the unity and friendship between all team members.
However, one name rose above them all. Ginobili scored 142 points in eight matches at Athens 2004, averaging 19.4 points per game and his efforts saw him named the MVP at Athens 2004.

phpBB [video]

eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby Salvita72 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:27 am

eda wrote:Hm, so I guess I should change those in all the created players so game recognises them.

when will you be able to download your mod?, would it work for NBA 2k21?
Will it include more teams like Olympic Games 2004, 2012?
Salvita72

Postby eda on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:49 pm

Dude, I just posted some previews of teams from 2004 olympics.
Yes, 2012 will be there - Spain, USA, Argentina, Lithuania
Salvita72 wrote:
eda wrote:Hm, so I guess I should change those in all the created players so game recognises them.

when will you be able to download your mod?, would it work for NBA 2k21?
Will it include more teams like Olympic Games 2004, 2012?
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: [05 06 2021] OBH Mini Project. Lesson #3:The American Nightmare

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:45 am

I don't know if I said this before, but great job on the jerseys. (Y) Love how you're taking the time to get the number positions, fonts, and textures accurate for each team.
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:12 am

RayRay_953 wrote:Will this mod also have year-appropriate basketballs (some years with a regular ball, some years with the Molten ball, etc.)? I think it's possible to assign each team a unique basketball with either the Hook or 2K20Tools.

Yes, I thought about that. I will need someone to actuall help me with this, I mean the ball files. It is indeed possible to do it with the modtool.

RayRay_953 wrote:I don't know if I said this before, but great job on the jerseys. (Y) Love how you're taking the time to get the number positions, fonts, and textures accurate for each team.

Thank you RayRay. All the credit for jersey numbers and position as well as the fonts goes to Arnau Lucena (Arnau13). He's got some skills there. If it wasn't for the guy I'd probably had some serious obstacles.
And today, let me tell ya, I'm really proud of what has been done here.
2008 previews are coming soon... :)
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby Salvita72 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:39 am

eda when i will can download your mod to try it?
Salvita72

Postby eda on Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:39 pm

I hope to finish it in a month
Salvita72 wrote:eda when i will can download your mod to try it?
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby Salvita72 on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:41 am

thank you for this mod that brings to the community.
Salvita72

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:49 am

eda wrote:
RayRay_953 wrote:Will this mod also have year-appropriate basketballs (some years with a regular ball, some years with the Molten ball, etc.)? I think it's possible to assign each team a unique basketball with either the Hook or 2K20Tools.

Yes, I thought about that. I will need someone to actuall help me with this, I mean the ball files. It is indeed possible to do it with the modtool.

Keito has made a nice Molten ball for 2K21 (also compatible with 2K20). You might need to ask for permission though
viewtopic.php?f=267&t=111441#p2032457
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:12 am

RayRay_953 wrote:
eda wrote:

Keito has made a nice Molten ball for 2K21 (also compatible with 2K20). You might need to ask for permission though
viewtopic.php?f=267&t=111441#p2032457

Didn't see than one, thanks.
edit: checked and it doesn't look as good as I expected. I'll talk to Shuajota he's got a ball made for PC BASKET that is of a lot better quality. Just need to make some adjustments.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby mAIRj23 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:05 pm

wow this is great... keep it up Man.
mAIRj23

Re: [12 09 2021] OBH Mini Project. Lesson #4:The Redemption

Postby eda on Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:16 am

Olympic history lesson #4: The Redemption

https://olympics.com/:
For some, this was the redemption match for Team USA after losing the gold medal in Athens 2004 against Argentina.

This time, the 'Dream Team' were even hungrier to triumph, but their rivals were not easy: Spain. A team that featured the likes of Pau Gasol, Rudy Fernandéz, Ricky Rubio. However, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade had other ideas and scored 20 and 27 points respectively. Eventually, Team USA defeated a colossal Spanish team 107-118 in one of the most dramatic Olympic Basketball finals in history.
USA wins the Gold medal and Spain the Silver in the men's basketball final at the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympic Game. Argentina [to be added] beats Lithuania and wins the Bronze medal.

Thanks Sticky fingers for the scoreboard!

USA vs SPAIN

phpBB [video]

L
ithuania vs Argentina

phpBB [video]

eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:41 am

Wow, this mod is coming along nicely! The Molten ball and scoreboard look great; it really adds to the Olympic feel.

Can't wait to give this a try once it's finished. Even though 2K22 is out, there's still so much that can be done with 2K20 that it's hard to switch over.

Edit: For the extra detail, Thunder Shaq added a bald CF for Alonzo Mourning (CFID 8609) that can be used for the 2000 USA team
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:28 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:Wow, this mod is coming along nicely! The Molten ball and scoreboard look great; it really adds to the Olympic feel.

Can't wait to give this a try once it's finished. Even though 2K22 is out, there's still so much that can be done with 2K20 that it's hard to switch over.

Edit: For the extra detail, Thunder Shaq added a bald CF for Alonzo Mourning (CFID 8609) that can be used for the 2000 USA team

That's why I'm not planing to switch to neither 21 nor 22.
As for the ball, the one used in the screen is by Bly with 2019 championship design. However, I already edited it so it's clean :)
Thanks for the tip on Alonzo :wink:
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby eda on Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:21 am

Olympic history lesson #5: You gotta earn it

SPAIN vs USA: A close game
:
For its entire history, the goal of the United States men’s national basketball team has been nothing less than the gold medal. The 2012 team, while not living up to some of their pre-Olympics hype, delivered just that, beating Spain 107-100 in a game that was unexpectedly close.
Led by Kevin Durant’s 30 points, and a number of key shots by LeBron James, the United States endured a first half where the Spanish outside shooters could do no wrong and an epic third quarter from Pau Gasol in which the Lakers star seemed to score at will.
The game was within one point going into the fourth quarter, but the U.S. built its lead into double-digits before removing its starters to close out the game.
Foul trouble on both sides led to a great deal of complaining on the court, but the U.S. ended the game celebrating wildly on the court in London.
It was the last Olympics for both Kobe Bryant and Coach Mike Krzyzewski, but the enduring image of the games will be the visible change in James, who followed up his first N.B.A. championship by taking charge of the national team and leading it to a second consecutive gold medal.

Russia vs Argentina:
If Russia wins, it's the first basketball medal for them at the Olympics. (Not counting the USSR medals)

While all the talk has been focused on the gold-medal matchup between Team USA and Spain, the battle for the bronze between Russia and Argentina has already stolen the show.
Russia beat Argentina by a score of 81-77 after one of the wildest endings fans could want.
With the 2012 Summer Olympics coming to a close on Sunday, there was no better way to end these amazing London Games than with a battle like the one we saw in the bronze-medal game of the men’s basketball tournament.
Add in a plethora of well-known NBA names in this matchup (Manu Ginobili, Luis Scola, Andrei Kirilenko, etc.), and any basketball fan up early enough to enjoy the action was treated to an amazing showing.

USA vs Lithuania:
LeBron James Saves Americans In 99-94 Win

With less than six minutes remaining, Team USA was in jeopardy of a shocking loss to Lithuania in the fourth game of the preliminary round of the 2012 Olympic basketball tournament. Then, LeBron James took over. The Miami Heat star scored nine points down the stretch, and the Americans held on for a 99-94 win that was competitive throughout.

eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: [14 09] OBH Mini Project. Lesson #5:You gotta earn it!

Postby eda on Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:26 am

A perfect highly detailed MOLTEN ball made by BLY for China 2019 tournament, I've simply cleaned it so it's without the dragon graphics.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:41 am

Fantastic job with the molten ball retexture. The dornas with each stadium are also a nice touch of authenticity.

Spain was incredibly close to defeating Team USA for the gold medal. Around this time is when USA (and the NBA) began to show a big problem with many of their lineups going forward; lack of utilization of true bigs. Sure, effective small ball can work under certain circumstances, but they can get killed by bigs in the paint.
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:49 am

Couldn't agree more with you on this one.
But as of today, it feels the gap between the nba and European basketball is getting bigger.
Sure, France beat USA during group game, but that's because I think Usa team was way to relaxed and certain players didn't have the chance to practise.
The athleticism, speed and other skills.
Durant said “This skill is unmatched.” And in a way he's right, in my opinion.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: [14 09] OBH Mini Project. Need help with the scoreboards

Postby eda on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:14 am

2016 and 2020 are coming soon..
Is there a person who'd love to contribute and make a few scoreboards for the mod?
sticky fingers made one of these, but there are still a few to make:
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: [16 09] OBH Mini Project. Need help with the scoreboards

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:53 am

Unfortunately, I'm not proficient in scoreboards. I know bongo used to help make scoreboards for 2K20 (or at least discovering positional values), but idk if bongo still has 2K20.

ernel2014 also made some scoreboards for 2K20, but there hasn't been anything new since 2020.

You could probably reach out to them, but idk if they're active or even have 2K20 anymore.
RayRay_953

Re: [16 09] OBH Mini Project. Need help with the scoreboards

Postby eda on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:58 pm

Yup, I did pm erlne2014, no response.
Luckily, sticky fingers might be the one to help out :)
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: [16 09] Olympic Basketball History

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:11 am

Any projections for a potential beta release? I could help with the gear, look-a-like shoes, and aesthetic testing.
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:28 am

RayRay_953 wrote:Any projections for a potential beta release? I could help with the gear, look-a-like shoes, and aesthetic testing.

Hey, it's pretty much finished, just waiting for LTU 2020 and Argentina 2008 jersey adjustments.
That's what I did actually; set the gear and shoe colors for each team. Of course, most of the shoes are only similar.
There will be a release of the 1st version as soon as I get the jersey. The roster is finished for now.
I'll update the topic as soon as I get info from the uniform GURU - Arnau13.

Almost forgot, I've made some scoreboard textures and hopefully they also are in the works.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby eda on Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:13 am

Great news!
The mod just got 4 authentic era specific scoreboards thanks to a NLSC member that shares the same amount of love for retro, sticky-fingers!
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding