The Bubble Mod 3.0.6 (Added Utah Jazz)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

The Bubble Mod 3.0.6 (Added Utah Jazz)

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Hello all,
This mod includes the custom bubble floor/arena created by myself (except baskets), and edited broadcast packages for the season and playoffs.

I've gotten all but two of the walls acting as dornas. The other two are dynamic and can be assigned to the home team as well. I have instructions on where to locate the textures here:
viewtopic.php?f=258&t=110252&p=2017915#p2017915

The following teams have their own arena graphics:
Bucks, Celtics, Clippers, Heat, Jazz, Lakers, Nuggets, Pelicans and Raptors

Download 3.0.6 Standalone [920 MB]: (If you don't have version 3, only download this)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vp1amtt9 ... od.7z/file

Patch from 3.0.2c to 3.0.6 [49 MB]: (You only need this if you have 3.0.2c.)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6b7nrqdf ... ch.7z/file

Patch from 3 to 3.0.2c: [70MB] (If you have anything between version 3 and 3.0.2b, you can download this patch in stead of redownloading everything.)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eymu0464 ... ch.7z/file

Download 1.0.6 Lower Quality (Some PC's can't handle the entire stadium acting as a massive dorna box, so the lower quality will stay at 1.0.6)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0m70gump ... 29.7z/file

Compatible with the default roster.

Cross-compatible with All-In-One Retro Mod. Just copy to your game folder.

Here is the template for the court if you want to customize it:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lb8pk6x9 ... te.7z/file

Credits:
bongo88: Scoreboards, Breakboards, Studio Shows, and Wipes
Cujomatty: TSN Scoreboard, Wipes, and Studio Shows
DEIBYS: Realistic backboard color enhancements
DIRTYDRAW: Transition Wipes
erne12014: Scoreboards, Breakboards, and Watermarks
GPPatrol: ESPN Scoreboard
ksmiz: Transition Wipes
Limnono: External File Plugin
Looyh: Created File Batch Exporter, NBA2K_Hook, Scoreboards, and Watermarks
martoluthor: Helped DEIBYS with the backboard color enhancements
pastrami1993: Figured out how to use controller launcher
rtomb_03: Studio Shows
Santicruyff: Converted rtomb_03 Studio Shows for Arena Shows
TwisT: Courts, Studios, Scoreboards, Transition Wipes, Watermarks
wdnmdqz: WGN transition wipe and Studio Show Bumper Logos
zondac12: Baskets for Bubble Stadium

Changelog:

3.0.3 - 3.0.6
Added arena graphics for Nuggets, Heat, Pelicans, Jazz

Did complete overhaul of the dornas in configs using slotlists for accuracy.

3.0.1b
Fixed State Farm dorna showing up on the Bucks court.

Fixed Ruffles and State Farm dorna showing up on Lakers home court.

3.0:
Put walls behind dornas to block view of led's from wrong side.
Added broadcast packages for every current team individually for the Season Mod.
Added DEIBY's backboard color correction/new State Farm stanchion logos.
Created launcher to choose between No Bubble, Season Bubble, or Playoffs Bubble.
(Based on the launcher created for the All-In-One Retro Mod.)
Added Bubble court to all the alternate courts. (Can now play with alternate jerseys without missing the BLM court).
Made sidelines on court thicker to match the new change.
Created dornas/walls for the following teams:
Bucks, Celtics, Clippers, Lakers, and Raptors

2.0:
Made everything dornas. Now textures can change throughout the game for the walls and all the dornas with the exception of two walls that need to be transparent for the cameras.
Made the other two walls dynamic as well to be changed for the entirety of the game based on the home team. Info to mod it with your own textures here:
viewtopic.php?f=258&t=110252&p=2017915#p2017915
Recreated the Playoff dorna package in version 1 for the upgraded stadium.

1.0.6:
Imported DEIBYS Realistic backboard color enhancements + I enhanced backboard NBA/USA Flag logos. (Also thanks to martoluthor for helping)
Adjusted position of the court.
Shrunk model of electric plugs to keep from intruding with camera mods.
Corrected player indicator glitches.

1.0.5:
Added baskets created by zondac12 from template made by Looyh.
Added a lower quality version for those who don't have "next-gen" specs on their PC. (Shrunk down all massive textures to 1/4 their original size).

1.0.4:
Changed the stadium to look like what was revealed Tuesday.

1.0.3:
Added new court

1.0.2:
Added Dornas from last year's Playoff game footage.
Added Instructions with how to use parts of the mod if you'd like as well. (If you only want the broadcast packages for example)

1.0.1:
Fixed arrows pointing at who to guard. They were blinking rapidly.

Installation: Copy everything in game folder to your NBA 2K20 game folder. Don't rename anything unless you don't want it to show up. 2K_Hook will direct the files how they are named. You only need to use the launcher when you want to change mods. It will remember your last selection.

Screenshots:

Game footage (Enhancements have been made since some of videos were created):
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Political Disclaimer:
All Black Lives Matter

But I don't believe we should destroy our businesses, defund the police, destroy our history, spread hatred and violence, or do any other crazy Marxist idea.

Black children are dying in the streets. Where is the outcry for them? I live near the south side of Chicago. I've seen the violence, and seen cops put their lives on the line to save black kids.

Anyone who says black lives matter, but doesn't see the need to talk about the kids are just using black lives for their own agenda. They don't really care about all black lives.

Do you know these names?
Secoriea Turner, Royta De'Marco Giles, Davon McNeal, Natalia Wallace, Aamir Griffin, Vernando Jones Jr., Sincere A. Gaston, Lena Nunez, Mekhi James, Amaria Jones

Not really wanting to have a political discussion on this thread because that's not what this is about. It's about modding, but didn't want to release something that says Black Lives Matter on it without clarifying my position.
Last edited by natkra90 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:28 am, edited 61 times in total.
Modding to cure childhood cancer (and for fun!)

Please direct any donations here:
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2151392/donate
natkra90

Re: 2020 Playoffs Mod

Postby Manni Live on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:56 pm

holy shit nice work my man stadium looks nice

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:57 pm

This is amazing! :crazyeyes:

For your first attempt at a stadium in blender, it came out really nice. Do you have any plans on touching up some of the retro arenas to make them look a little more accurate/not so generic?
RayRay_953

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Manni Live wrote:holy shit nice work my man stadium looks nice

Thank you! :)

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:08 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:This is amazing! :crazyeyes:

For your first attempt at a stadium in blender, it came out really nice. Do you have any plans on touching up some of the retro arenas to make them look a little more accurate/not so generic?

Thanks man. I would like to, but I can't get blender to render more than 5 or 6 out of the 40 or 50 models on most arenas. So, I'm too limited to do anything. I have put stadium ads in the All-In-One and johnwest improved the lighting because that's something we can do, but unless someone knows how to render all the 3d models, they are what they are unfortunately.

natkra90

Postby ksmiz on Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:58 pm

natkra90 wrote:I can't get blender to render more than 5 or 6 out of the 40 or 50 models on most arenas. So, I'm too limited to do anything.

natkra90 wrote:unless someone knows how to render all the 3d models, they are what they are unfortunately.

what do you mean they don't render? like inside blender you can't see them? or like when you try to put a bunch of models into one stadium file you can only get some to work?

did you check to see how far back the view of the whole scene is getting clipped at ? I hope that is what you mean

great job for the beginnings of messing around with blender stuff it takes a while to get acclimated to the controls and what you can do with them
ksmiz

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:11 pm

ksmiz wrote:
natkra90 wrote:I can't get blender to render more than 5 or 6 out of the 40 or 50 models on most arenas. So, I'm too limited to do anything.

natkra90 wrote:unless someone knows how to render all the 3d models, they are what they are unfortunately.

what do you mean they don't render? like inside blender you can't see them? or like when you try to put a bunch of models into one stadium file you can only get some to work?

did you check to see how far back the view of the whole scene is getting clipped at ? I hope that is what you mean

great job for the beginnings of messing around with blender stuff it takes a while to get acclimated to the controls and what you can do with them

They won't export. I can get them to show up in blender and can make changes, but I get an error when I go to export the stadium and usually only around 10% of the models actually get rendered out. It's consistent depending on the stadium. Had to go through probably 20 stadiums to find this one that I could edit to make this mod.

Here's what the error looks like:

natkra90

Postby InFaMouS ny on Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:57 pm

this looks crazy :fire: :fire: idk how you got to edit all that stuff and have it export or show in game. I either get blender errors or the changes dont reflect in game whenever i tried to make major edits.
InFaMouS ny

Postby dyopopoy on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:23 pm

HOLY MFFING DUDE!!
THIS IS AMAAAZING!!!

Thank you so much for the generosity of Sharing!!!

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:28 pm

InFaMouS ny wrote:this looks crazy :fire: :fire: idk how you got to edit all that stuff and have it export or show in game. I either get blender errors or the changes dont reflect in game whenever i tried to make major edits.

Thanks for the compliment. Means a lot coming from you. Your Summer League Mod is flawless.

Using blender with 2k stadiums is like walking on eggshells :lol:

I have 58 revisions that I kept a record of. A couple of times I had to go back and throw away hours of work. There's so much you can't do or it freaks out. Don't know if I'm going to do this again. Not that I regret this project, but there were definitely more headaches than expected.

A few things you may already know, but I learned through this experience.

1. Don't render/export in edit mode. Doesn't work. Need to be in object mode. It will act like it's exporting, but it never shows in game.
2. Don't Alt+Scroll. That screws it up somehow too. Hard not to do with all the shortcuts especially on a laptop like me.
3. Don't try adding anything. Even one node, and it won't render properly. Have to work with only the assets within the stadium. I ended up using a window texture, and blowing it up to get all my transparent textures (was the only one available). The Playoff Wall is actually a circuit breaker. :lol:
4. Make sure nothing overlapses. This is probably the hardest part in blender. Don't know if I accomplished this or not.
5. Make backups of every step. Don't do more than one or two edits before checking in game. The moment I assumed it was good was the moment I lost hours of work.
6. Manual lighting texture mapping is a HUGE pain. Especially after getting through all these hurdles. I finally figured out a method to get rid of shadows that don't belong. Would have to create a video tutorial to explain how, but it involves using masks and gradients. 20% transparency seems to be optimal.

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:31 pm

dyopopoy wrote:HOLY MFFING DUDE!!
THIS IS AMAAAZING!!!

Thank you so much for the generosity of Sharing!!!

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Thanks man. Hope you enjoy!

natkra90

Postby InFaMouS ny on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:34 pm

natkra90 wrote:
InFaMouS ny wrote:this looks crazy :fire: :fire: idk how you got to edit all that stuff and have it export or show in game. I either get blender errors or the changes dont reflect in game whenever i tried to make major edits.

Thanks for the compliment. Means a lot coming from you. Your Summer League Mod is flawless.

I have 58 revisions that I kept a record of. A couple of times I had to go back and throw away hours of work. There's so much you can't do or it freaks out. Don't know if I'm going to do this again. Not that I regret this project, but there were definitely more headaches than expected.

1. Don't render/export in edit mode. Doesn't work. Need to be in object mode. It will act like it's exporting, but it never shows in game.
2. Don't Alt+Scroll. That screws it up somehow too. Hard not to do with all the shortcuts especially on a laptop like me.
3. Don't try adding anything. Even one node, and it won't render properly. Have to work with only the assets within the stadium. I ended up using a window texture, and blowing it up to get all my transparent textures (was the only one available). The Playoff Wall is actually a circuit breaker. :lol:
4. Make sure nothing overlapses. This is probably the hardest part in blender. Don't know if I accomplished this or not.
5. Make backups of every step. Don't do more than one or two edits before checking in game. The moment I assumed it was good was the moment I lost hours of work.
6. Manual lighting texture mapping is a HUGE pain. Especially after getting through all these hurdles. I finally figured out a method to get rid of shadows that don't belong. Would have to create a video tutorial to explain how, but it involves using masks and gradients. 20% transparency seems to be optimal.

yeah that sounds like a pain in the ass lol regardless it came out amazing and it could be a base to different type of arenas. Which version of blender did you end up using?
InFaMouS ny

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:51 pm

InFaMouS ny wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

yeah that sounds like a pain in the ass lol regardless it came out amazing and it could be a base to different type of arenas. Which version of blender did you end up using?

I'm using 2.79b.

natkra90

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Looks class mate!
Rimbaud82

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:41 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:Looks class mate!

Thank you!

natkra90

Re: 2020 Playoffs Mod (1.0.1 - Fixed Blinking Arrows)

Postby zondac12 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:28 am

great job, going to put this to the test now :mrgreen:
zondac12

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:57 am

incredible. I commend you on your patience also.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:44 am

zondac12 wrote:great job, going to put this to the test now :mrgreen:

Thanks. Hope you enjoy :) Let me know if there's any bugs.

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:45 am

TGsoGood wrote:incredible. I commend you on your patience also.

Thank you (Y)

natkra90

Postby [Q] on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 am

Yo this is crazy good. You are super talented
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:45 pm

[Q] wrote:Yo this is crazy good. You are super talented

ThanQ

natkra90

Postby RobDavis on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Man I know this took work. Ive done baskets and some arena edits and one wrong move in blender and it's a wrap, esp if u dont save lol. Great Job
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:47 pm

RobDavis wrote:Man I know this took work. Ive done baskets and some arena edits and one wrong move in blender and it's a wrap, esp if u dont save lol. Great Job

Thanks man. It was quite the experience lol

natkra90

Re: 2020 Playoffs Mod (1.0.2 - Added Dornas)

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:59 am

Looks great ! If downloaded, does it overwrite current courts and can all the playoff teams use this bubble court? Also, can I switch between the bubble court and the regular ones?
Uncle Drew

Re: 2020 Playoffs Mod (1.0.2 - Added Dornas)

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:48 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Looks great ! If downloaded, does it overwrite current courts and can all the playoff teams use this bubble court? Also, can I switch between the bubble court and the regular ones?

Thank you!

The only thing it overwrites is your config file in your Hook folder.

All courts and stadiums on the current teams are redirected to use the bubble court and arena.

You can change the config to have certain teams play in their own arena if you'd like. Or if you want to do away with the Bubble altogether, just rename or erase "S HP Field Arena.iff" and "ESPN Court.iff" in the waigua folder.

The arena floor is one big court, so other courts are not directly compatible because they would be scaled up. You can however convert courts by using the court_season.dds file inside the ESPN Court.iff as a template if you're into that.

I also have the photoshop template if anyone wants it.

Edit: On 2nd thought, other courts might work because it's scaled in the court file not the stadium file. I'll have to give that a try.

natkra90

Next

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding