Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Release v2) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Update 2) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Rimbaud82 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:44 am

Superbug wrote:
Rimbaud82 wrote:
Superbug wrote:
Rimbaud82 wrote:
Superbug wrote:ike due to the training most of the g league players will be doing and their competition it will most likely make them better prospects since they’ll be in a system designed to improve them.

Really don't buy this at all. The G-League select thing is totally new and the jury is completely out on how it rates as a pathway for prospect development compared to college or professional overseas. There are many many questions surrounding it. That's even as far as the likes of Kuminga and Jalen Green, the top guys. Someone like Kai Sotto or Daishan Nix certainly don't automatically rank as top prospects simply because they are within a g-league pathway which we have actually very little info regarding how it will work out. I think there are some serious concerns with it.

We do know how it works they explained the whole process they’re going to be training like pros for a year and playing professional g league games idk what’s confusing on that. Plus all the people that are going are already top prospects idk why they can’t be highly rated if they’re already considered top prospects.

No offense but this is nonsense. There has never been a single NBA player who has can through this process. Hence we do not now it will work as far as development vs. other routes. It might be great, or it might be terrible with a total lack of competitive, meaningful game time. They are not playing regular G-league games they are playing a limited number of exhibition games against some sort of opposition. It is totally not unclear what these other teams will look like. These players aren't joining the existing g league structure.

I actually did research on all these players the g league system and how the development process works and if you don’t like how certain players are rated then you can change that. no one knows how good anyone will be in a year from now for all I know one of them could stop playing basketball entirely and not be in the draft I’m just making a draft class man you’re free to change whatever you want in it when it’s released but that’s how I’m rating them the only concern people have with the g league system is the coach they picked because he’s seen as someone who prefers forwards in his system and doesn’t care about guards / centers but I’m sure the nba can figure that out.

I've done plenty of research into the system and these prospects. Obviously I can rate them however I want to and vice versa, I am sinply telling you what I think. There's a hell of a lot more concerns than that.

Don’t worry no offense taken, but yes they will be taking exhibition games and not joining the g-league I already know that but they will be face other g league teams in those exhibition games which has already been stated and they will be joining a team that will have veteran g league players to help with knowledge and development. Also it’s not really that hard to believe already top prospects will develop even more in a system that’s being created to develop their talents and make them nba ready why would I not expect them to become better prospects? I don’t understand the argument, I get what you’re saying with this never being done before but it’s not that hard to believe that this will not destroy them as prospects and actually help them when this is being created by the nba itself.

I've edited ny original post a bit, but its late here I'll get into this a bit more tomorrow
Rimbaud82

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Update 2) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Superbug on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:39 am

Hey guys I’m Going to be releasing previews photos of the top 8 rookies in the class and previews of other random prospects hopefully you guys like how the previews look they will be including ratings, amount of badges, and ceilings/floors of the top 8. Now remember the ceilings some of these players have are how high their potential as players can be or a similar play style to those players. That doesn’t mean in anyway that that player will become like their ceilings and it also doesn’t mean they can’t become better than their ceilings. A lot of the ceilings are from actual scouts and some have my own opinion. Tried to do something cool with this hope you guys like the concept I’m doing draft class will be released soon after the previews.

If you enjoy my work and would like to help me out consider donating I will appreciate it : http://www.paypal.me/superbug24

For Paid personal request : 2knbanick@gmail.com

Superbug

Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Ziaire Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Superbug on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:00 am

Here it is i'm changing things up though and going to be releasing the top 9 recruits previews with extra previews showcasing some of the other new rookie models.

Now here is Number 9 on the top 9 Rookies of the 2021 draft class. forward out of Stanford University, Ziaire Williams. Ziaire is an elite level wing in the Paul George, Rudy Gay mold.

He’s a big 6'8 wing who is making big strides in his game. He’s got all the tools to develop into a high level NBA player including good size for position, excellent length and fluid athleticism.

He’s quick to get above the rim, making it look easy and he flies up and down the court. He’s got big upside and a lot of versatility as a defender thanks to his long arms, agility and good instincts.

He’s not a polished offensive prospect but he’s showing a lot of good signs. His ball handling is becoming a strength and he’s quick with the ball and able to get to his spots. He can shoot it moving to the left or right and has a nice compact and smooth jumper. He gets decent elevation on his jumper, although a bit low on the release. At this point he’s a more than capable 3pt shooter and projects as a high level NBA marksman.

Ziaire is a high energy defender who is a nightmare on the full court press and very disruptive in the passing lanes. His length, quick first step and great anticipation on defense leads to lots of steals and deflections.

Check out pettypaulpierce and losjosh below and make sure to give their forums a lot of love for letting me use their work for this draft.
pettypaulpierce: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109534
LosJosh: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109728

If you enjoy my work and would like to help me out consider donating I will appreciate it : http://www.paypal.me/superbug24

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Ziaire Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:11 am

Superbug wrote:Here it is i'm changing things up though and going to be releasing the top 9 recruits previews with extra previews showcasing some of the other new rookie models.

Now here is Number 9 on the top 9 Rookies of the 2021 draft class. forward out of Stanford University, Ziaire Williams. Ziaire is an elite level wing in the Paul George, Rudy Gay mold.

He’s a big 6'8 wing who is making big strides in his game. He’s got all the tools to develop into a high level NBA player including good size for position, excellent length and fluid athleticism.

He’s quick to get above the rim, making it look easy and he flies up and down the court. He’s got big upside and a lot of versatility as a defender thanks to his long arms, agility and good instincts.

He’s not a polished offensive prospect but he’s showing a lot of good signs. His ball handling is becoming a strength and he’s quick with the ball and able to get to his spots. He can shoot it moving to the left or right and has a nice compact and smooth jumper. He gets decent elevation on his jumper, although a bit low on the release. At this point he’s a more than capable 3pt shooter and projects as a high level NBA marksman.

Ziaire is a high energy defender who is a nightmare on the full court press and very disruptive in the passing lanes. His length, quick first step and great anticipation on defense leads to lots of steals and deflections.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Check out pettypaulpierce and losjosh below and make sure to give their forums a lot of love for letting me use their work for this draft.

Something about this feels familiar...

bluejaybrandon

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Ziaire Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:25 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Superbug wrote:Here it is i'm changing things up though and going to be releasing the top 9 recruits previews with extra previews showcasing some of the other new rookie models.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Yeah, i caught that too. Think i've read a scouting report on Ziaire similar to this. My guess is Superbug did his research on Ziaire well which is why the report sounds familiar :wink: .
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Superbug on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:30 am

Last edited by Superbug on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superbug

Postby Superbug on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:34 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Yeah, i caught that too. Think i've read a scouting report on Ziaire similar to this. My guess is Superbug did his research on Ziaire well which is why the report sounds familiar :wink: .

Yea I didn’t have time to write my own scouting report for this one so I just put one that i found that I felt was the most accurate report about him.

Superbug

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:48 am

I think bluejaybrandon is referring to the preview format being similar to his roll out.
Especially that photo preview. I'm interested in seeing the finished product of this draft class but may not have time to take a deep dive.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Superbug on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:56 am

TGsoGood wrote:I think bluejaybrandon is referring to the preview format being similar to his roll out.
Especially that photo preview. I'm interested in seeing the finished product of this draft class but may not have time to take a deep dive.

I don’t get that though the only thing similar is the rating and name being in the same area but blue jay isn’t the only person who’s done that before. I don’t really know the problem it seems he’s been upset about me releasing a draft and is making it seem like a competition but I don’t see it as some sort of competition just releasing stuff so people can enjoy I’m not getting paid for any of it.

Superbug

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:00 am

TGsoGood wrote:I think bluejaybrandon is referring to the preview format being similar to his roll out.

Yeah, i know what he was referring to lol
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:35 am

Superbug I don't think he was upset. I thought his response was humorous. I saw the meme and thought is was a joke
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Superbug on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 am

TGsoGood wrote:Superbug I don't think he was upset. I thought his response was humorous. I saw the meme and thought is was a joke

I see I assumed he got upset over it since a lot of people tend to get upset over small things like that my bad

Superbug

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:39 am

Superbug wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:Superbug I don't think he was upset. I thought his response was humorous. I saw the meme and thought is was a joke

I see I assumed he got upset over it since a lot of people tend to get upset over small things like that my bad

No, not upset at all. Like I PM'd you, I'm very happy you made this move. Just thought the previews with the overall ratings, action shots, badges, and the portrait were reminiscent of what I did. Just didn't know if you gained inspiration for those previews.

I'm very much looking forward to your rollout and will probably use it in my own MyLeague. More power to ya and keep up the great work.
bluejaybrandon

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Usman Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Superbug on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:37 am

Here is the Number 8 player of the 2021 draft class. Back up forward out of Real Madrid, Usman Garuba. Usman is a strong, mobile and graceful athlete who measures at a 6'8 NBA frame with a 7'2 wingspan. He's currently the top international prospect for the 2021 draft and only 18 years old.

He’s a high energy guy who runs the floor hard, sets good screens and brings a lot of energy on defense. He’s a smart defender and great rebounder who knows when to leave his feet and how to play with proper position. He plays with good awareness and is a good help defender and weak-side shot blocker.

His offensive game is mostly dunks and layups. He does a good job in the pick and roll and cuts hard to the basket. The rest of his offensive game is a work in progress but he shows flashes of ball handling, passing and perimeter shooting.

What do you think of usman will you pick him up for your team? Will he make an impact in the nba like he does in real madrid?

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Usman Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby thanspil on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Superbug wrote:Here is the Number 8 player of the 2021 draft class. Back up forward out of Real Madrid, Usman Garuba. Usman is a strong, mobile and graceful athlete who measures at a 6'8 NBA frame with a 7'2 wingspan. He's currently the top international prospect for the 2021 draft and only 18 years old.

He’s a high energy guy who runs the floor hard, sets good screens and brings a lot of energy on defense. He’s a smart defender and great rebounder who knows when to leave his feet and how to play with proper position. He plays with good awareness and is a good help defender and weak-side shot blocker.

His offensive game is mostly dunks and layups. He does a good job in the pick and roll and cuts hard to the basket. The rest of his offensive game is a work in progress but he shows flashes of ball handling, passing and perimeter shooting.

What do you think of usman will you pick him up for your team? Will he make an impact in the nba like he does in real madrid?

[ Image ]

I think that he is gonna touch his ceiling!
I have seen him before and before covid he was doing some little drivings to the basket using his ball handling :D
thanspil

Postby Superbug on Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:04 am

thanspil wrote:
Superbug wrote:Here is the Number 8 player of the 2021 draft class. Back up forward out of Real Madrid, Usman Garuba. Usman is a strong, mobile and graceful athlete who measures at a 6'8 NBA frame with a 7'2 wingspan. He's currently the top international prospect for the 2021 draft and only 18 years old.

[ Image ]

I think that he is gonna touch his ceiling!
I have seen him before and before covid he was doing some little drivings to the basket using his ball handling :D

Yea I feel his potential is really high too he’s a really hard worker reminds me a bit of montrez or bam also, and his jumper needs improvement but it’s improved a lot already since last year so you can tell he works on his shot. Excited to see what he’ll bring to an nba team.

Superbug

Postby Superbug on Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:34 am

The number 7 player of the 2021 draft. forward out of Duke University, Jalen Johnson. Johnson is a versatile player who can play on or off the ball and has legit point guard skills in a 6-8 frame. He excels at initiating the fast break and finding teammates and is a true quarterback of the offense. His length and athleticism allow him to defend multiple positions. He projects as a one and done lottery pick for Duke. I've Seen lots of comparisons comparing jalen to a paul pierce sort of player but i feel his skill set is much closer to a john Collins / Blake Griffin type of player, especially if he ends up developing his shot even more he'll be a great high energy player to any team in need of a good wing / big man. (potential to play pf)

(Quick Analysis)
A player who makes good reads and is a skilled passer
Has excellent speed and overall athleticism – plays above the rim with ease
Has decent shooting form but is inconsistent. Could take some time to develop this aspect of his game.
Can get his own shot off the dribble using his slick ball handling, step back and fade away moves
Has a smooth mid range game and a soft touch around the basket
Crashes the boards well and can rip and run
Has good length for a perimeter defender and can really lock down his man
Defends at the rim well for a wing/guard
Is an overall versatile player on both ends of the floor

What do you think of Jalen Johnson's game will he be the future Star forward for your team?

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Johnson Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:43 am

Great analysis! Honestly, i think Jalen's ceiling is even higher than those 2. I think he has legit franchise player potential. Has a really smooth jumper which will get more consistent imo and is strong as a bull. Duke should also develop him nicely. That's all the best case scenario of course, lotta of assumptions there, we need to see these players in college ball, but yeah, the potential is high.
PettyPaulPierce

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Johnson Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Superbug on Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:45 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:Great analysis! Honestly, i think Jalen's ceiling is even higher than those 2. I think he has legit franchise player potential. Has a really smooth jumper which will get more consistent imo and is strong as a bull. Duke should also develop him nicely. That's all the best case scenario of course, lotta of assumptions there, we need to see these players in college ball, but yeah, the potential is high.

Yea for sure I think he has great potential. I’m sure his jumper will end up good especially looking at how smooth it already looks, and he’s already definitely got an nba ready build right now. But Blake was really good just had a lot of injuries, but I can see Jalen developing is game similar to him like Blake was a very decent 3 point shooter last year he wasn’t anything special this year at all but yea he definitely does have potential to be even better honestly he’s just as athletic they’re both decent playmakers but we’ll see what happens in college.

Superbug

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:37 am

Superbug wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:Great analysis! Honestly, i think Jalen's ceiling is even higher than those 2. I think he has legit franchise player potential. Has a really smooth jumper which will get more consistent imo and is strong as a bull. Duke should also develop him nicely. That's all the best case scenario of course, lotta of assumptions there, we need to see these players in college ball, but yeah, the potential is high.

Yea for sure I think he has great potential. I’m sure his jumper will end up good especially looking at how smooth it already looks, and he’s already definitely got an nba ready build right now. But Blake was really good just had a lot of injuries, but I can see Jalen developing is game similar to him like Blake was a very decent 3 point shooter last year he wasn’t anything special this year at all but yea he definitely does have potential to be even better honestly he’s just as athletic they’re both decent playmakers but we’ll see what happens in college.

I think what sets them apart is the jumper. Jalen is a natural, fluid shooter, while blake was always very rigid, it's like it just doesn't come natural to him.
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Superbug on Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:25 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
Superbug wrote:

I think what sets them apart is the jumper. Jalen is a natural, fluid shooter, while blake was always very rigid, it's like it just doesn't come natural to him.
Yea that’s definitely true I’d say that’s what can make him the better player for sure in the future.

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Scottie Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Superbug on Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:02 am

The number 6 player of the 2021 draft. Forward out of Florida State, Scottie Barnes.6’8 versatile forward, Good length with a 7’2 wingspan and 9’0 standing reach. Big hands, Good frame and plays physical. Uses size advantage well Plays with high energy. Quick off the ground and finishes above the rim, Can dribble and drive with either hand. Big strides and overs a lot of ground on drives is an Efficient scorer. Scottie is one of those players who can do it all. He is listed as a small forward but he’s got the size to defend in the paint and the skills to initiate the offense. He’s a competitor who gives great effort and plays the game right with a lot of energy.

(Quick Analysis)
Physical profile: length, strength, positional size and powerful build
Competes on every possession and makes a lot of hustle plays
Has a great feel for the game and flashes point guard skills
Has an advanced understanding of the nuances of the game – impressive for such a young player
Gets out in transition well – can fill in the wing or lead the fast break
Defensive versatility
Has enough strength to bang in the paint and uses his length to compete for rebounds
Very agile and quick for a big forward
Has quick hands and feet and can really defend in space – can lock down smaller players on the perimeter and can pick up full court
Still working on his outside shot and needs to get more consistent from the FT line

What do you guys think of Scottie's potential as a point-forward ?

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Scottie Prev) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:37 am

Superbug wrote:The number 6 player of the 2021 draft. Forward out of Florida State, Scottie Barnes.6’8 versatile forward, Good length with a 7’2 wingspan and 9’0 standing reach. Big hands, Good frame and plays physical. Uses size advantage well Plays with high energy. Quick off the ground and finishes above the rim, Can dribble and drive with either hand. Big strides and overs a lot of ground on drives is an Efficient scorer. Scottie is one of those players who can do it all. He is listed as a small forward but he’s got the size to defend in the paint and the skills to initiate the offense. He’s a competitor who gives great effort and plays the game right with a lot of energy.

(Quick Analysis)
Has an advanced understanding of the nuances of the game – impressive for such a young player
Defensive versatility
Has enough strength to bang in the paint and uses his length to compete for rebounds
Has quick hands and feet and can really defend in space – can lock down smaller players on the perimeter and can pick up full court
Still working on his outside shot and needs to get more consistent from the FT line

[ Image ]

His floor is arguably the greatest rebounder of all-time? That means at bare minimum he's a hall of famer...If you told a scout that a player somewhere between Scottie Pippin and Dennis Rodman he would go 1st overall in any possible draft. I haven't looked into this draft much but that seems like a steep claim.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Superbug on Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:49 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Superbug wrote:The number 6 player of the 2021 draft. Forward out of Florida State, Scottie Barnes.6’8 versatile forward, Good length with a 7’2 wingspan and 9’0 standing reach. Big hands, Good frame and plays physical. Uses size advantage well Plays with high energy. Quick off the ground and finishes above the rim, Can dribble and drive with either hand. Big strides and overs a lot of ground on drives is an Efficient scorer. Scottie is one of those players who can do it all. He is listed as a small forward but he’s got the size to defend in the paint and the skills to initiate the offense. He’s a competitor who gives great effort and plays the game right with a lot of energy.

(Quick Analysis)
Defensive versatility

[ Image ]

His floor is arguably the greatest rebounder of all-time? That means at bare minimum he's a hall of famer...If you told a scout that a player somewhere between Scottie Pippin and Dennis Rodman he would go 1st overall in any possible draft. I haven't looked into this draft much but that seems like a steep claim.

I was going to put him as one of his ceilings but Rodman has almost no offensive outside of dunking so it makes sense he can either be a great scorer / defender or just a good defender / energy guy it doesn’t exactly mean Rodman is not useful but compared to Scottie Pippen I’d much rather have Scottie but yea I didn’t want to Rodman as the floor because Rodman is a really great player I should’ve maybe put Michael Kidd-Gilchrist I just think it’s mostly about his personality/ energy giving off Rodman vibes / team use.

Superbug

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:58 am

Superbug wrote:I was going to put him as one of his ceilings but Rodman has almost no offensive outside of dunking so it makes sense he can either be a great scorer / defender or just a good defender / energy guy it doesn’t exactly mean Rodman is not useful but compared to Scottie Pippen I’d much rather have Scottie but yea I didn’t want to Rodman as the floor because Rodman is a really great player I should’ve maybe put Michael Kidd-Gilchrist I just think it’s mostly about his personality/ energy giving off Rodman vibes / team use.

Yeah MKG makes much more sense. I think most people’s floor should be rotation level. The higher you put the floor, the more you get burned by bust potential. I get what you’re saying about high energy player, just thought Rodman as a floor is a hell of a claim
bluejaybrandon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding