Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Release v2) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (preview) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby InFaMouS ny on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Kai Sotto an 80? I dont see him touching an NBA floor honestly.
InFaMouS ny

Postby Superbug on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:44 pm

InFaMouS ny wrote:Kai Sotto an 80? I dont see him touching an NBA floor honestly.

Wow really he’s kind of similar to jokic and he’s gonna play for the g league team. I’m sure he’s gonna be top 10 since most mock drafts have him in top 10 but yea an 80 is too high I was gonna plan on making him a 77 78 maybe 76.

If you enjoy my work and would like to help me out consider donating I will appreciate it : http://www.paypal.me/superbug24

For Paid personal request : 2knbanick@gmail.com

Superbug

Postby InFaMouS ny on Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:03 pm

Superbug wrote:
InFaMouS ny wrote:Kai Sotto an 80? I dont see him touching an NBA floor honestly.

Wow really he’s kind of similar to jokic and he’s gonna play for the g league team. I’m sure he’s gonna be top 10 since most mock drafts have him in top 10 but yea an 80 is too high I was gonna plan on making him a 77 78 maybe 76.

im not trying to knock his game lol but hes just tall. he plays nothing like jokic, thats a rare talent you dont see often. hopefully he gets some development which is what the gleague team is for, its not a auto lottery pick because he signed there. all those guys on that team will have different paths. Also, hes not on any legit mock drafts, espn, bleacher report etc. youre probably referencing third party draft sites which arent reliable at all.

this is just my opinion, you dont need to change anything.
InFaMouS ny

Postby Superbug on Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:25 pm

InFaMouS ny wrote:
Superbug wrote:

im not trying to knock his game lol but hes just tall. he plays nothing like jokic, thats a rare talent you dont see often. hopefully he gets some development which is what the gleague team is for, its not a auto lottery pick because he signed there. all those guys on that team will have different paths. Also, hes not on any legit mock drafts, espn, bleacher report etc. youre probably referencing third party draft sites which arent reliable at all.

this is just my opinion, you dont need to change anything.

Well I’m planning on lowering everyone anyways because the badges boost up there ratings a lot but yea everyone’s entitled to their own opinion from what I’ve seen he has some game and ofc being in the g-league team doesn’t mean auto lottery but I’m sure it’ll refine his skills especially after he gained that extra muscle. But hey we’ll see I’m planning on updating the draft as everyone progresses through college or whatever the prospects end up going through since it’s hard to guess how good they’ll be when they play actual competition.

If you enjoy my work and would like to help me out consider donating I will appreciate it : http://www.paypal.me/superbug24

Superbug

Postby Rimbaud82 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Oh yeah I didn't even really look at the ratings, personal choice of course and when released we can edit however we like but those are very high. I don't really buy Sotto as a first rounder let alone 80 ovr lottery prospect. I'd have him low 70s ovr at best, but more probably high 60s in line with bluejaybrandons type of ratings...

I think Cade could warrant a 79 overall, and the rest of the top lottery guys in and around 76 is how I have it currently in my draft class. 2021 is a great class but I personally still wouldn't rate rookies as high. I could see the other top guys maybe 77/8 at the very most but Sotto is definitely not in that category. The likes of Jalen Green even, hes obviously a top prospect but I don't really see him as a markedly better one than Anthony Edwards, more advanced in some areas at the same age but they share some of the same strengths and weaknesses. I'd rate BJ Boston as an equally good prospect to him though, maybe even higher. Kuminga too would be in the same tier etc.

But good work as it takes a lot of effort either way, and of course everyone has different opinions and outlooks.
Rimbaud82

Postby Superbug on Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:35 am

(2021 Draft class Update so lowered the ratings a lot of people had to make scottie a power forward so his rating wouldnt be too high but heres some new ratings. still needed to be added include daishen nix,moussa cisse, aidan igiehon and if there's any more tell me below)

Superbug

Postby Superbug on Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:44 am

next update will create more variation between ratings but the top guys will probably stay the same. I know some of you think the ratings seem too high but i tried getting it similar to 2k rookie ratings especially since this draft class is seen as one of the most talented and but from what we know now they all have a lot of potential. Im free to hear anymore opinions on ratings since a lot of them will change and none are really finalized except maybe the top 3.

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Update 1) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Superbug on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:45 am

Update

Terrance Clarke is now a (77) ovr

Jeremiah is now a (73) ovr

Superbug

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:59 pm

Superbug wrote:next update will create more variation between ratings but the top guys will probably stay the same. I know some of you think the ratings seem too high but i tried getting it similar to 2k rookie ratings especially since this draft class is seen as one of the most talented and but from what we know now they all have a lot of potential. Im free to hear anymore opinions on ratings since a lot of them will change and none are really finalized except maybe the top 3.

Personally i had Cade, Jalen, and Mobley as the top recruits at like 78 overall with Kuminga, Clarke, Jalen Johnson and BJ in the second tier at about 75 and then Barnes, Greg Brown and a couple other prospects in the third tier at about 73 overall. All of them had pretty high potential rating tho, so they took a nice leap in their second year, and their first season stats are looking like something we might expect from them
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Superbug on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:00 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
Superbug wrote:next update will create more variation between ratings but the top guys will probably stay the same. I know some of you think the ratings seem too high but i tried getting it similar to 2k rookie ratings especially since this draft class is seen as one of the most talented and but from what we know now they all have a lot of potential. Im free to hear anymore opinions on ratings since a lot of them will change and none are really finalized except maybe the top 3.

Personally i had Cade, Jalen, and Mobley as the top recruits at like 78 overall with Kuminga, Clarke, Jalen Johnson and BJ in the second tier at about 75 and then Barnes, Greg Brown and a couple other prospects in the third tier at about 73 overall. All of them had pretty high potential rating tho, so they took a nice leap in their second year, and their first season stats are looking like something we might expect from them

In the next update I’ve lowered everyone so now Cade is an 80 ovr, Jalen and kuminga are a 79. Currently Scottie is a 76 ovr but I honestly feel he has potential to be the steal of the draft he’s just so versatile so I might pick him up to a 77 but I’m not sure any suggestions?

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Update 1) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Superbug on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:01 am

Update 2 coming up.
Last edited by Superbug on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Update 2) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Superbug on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:01 am

Here's the next update and since the people voted sharife cooper has been added to the draft. so what do you guys think now added my own player model for jaden springer which I will be showcasing soon but these are the ratings so far. I'd like to know how everyone feels about the ratings between sharife and daishen? as you can see i currently have them at the same rating as i believe daishen will improve more as he trains in the g league later. Feel free to comment down below any other rating suggestions.

Superbug

Re: Sbug Mods : Nba 2021 Draft Class (Update 2) //Jalen Duren//Dj Wagner//& more

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:12 am

Portraits look good!
Rimbaud82

Postby Superbug on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:12 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:Portraits look good!

Thanks most of the players that are draftable will have portraits and action shots finishing up the portraits and then I’ll start working on the rest of the action shots. Then after adding a couple more prospects and getting more feedback on the ratings it’ll be released.

Superbug

Postby thanspil on Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:28 pm

Superbug wrote:Here's the next update and since the people voted sharife cooper has been added to the draft. so what do you guys think now added my own player model for jaden springer which I will be showcasing soon but these are the ratings so far. I'd like to know how everyone feels about the ratings between sharife and daishen? as you can see i currently have them at the same rating as i believe daishen will improve more as he trains in the g league later. Feel free to comment down below any other rating suggestions.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

I don't know if you have seen it but go in ppps thread at page 22 he has a Terrence Clarke where he says that he has learnt photoshop or something he has an updated Brandon clarke with no white places and some more updated stuff :D :D
Last edited by thanspil on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanspil

Postby Superbug on Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:37 pm

thanspil wrote:
Superbug wrote:Here's the next update and since the people voted sharife cooper has been added to the draft. so what do you guys think now added my own player model for jaden springer which I will be showcasing soon but these are the ratings so far. I'd like to know how everyone feels about the ratings between sharife and daishen? as you can see i currently have them at the same rating as i believe daishen will improve more as he trains in the g league later. Feel free to comment down below any other rating suggestions.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

I don't know if you have seen it but go in ppps thread at page 22 he has a Brandon where he says that he has learnt photoshop or something he has an updated Brandon clarke with no white places and some more updated stuff :D :D
Wdym Brandon Clarke? and Ik I’ve worked on stuff with ppp since I’m a fan of all his work and look at his stuff all the time I’m confused on what you’re asking? Not trying to be rude just genuinely confused. If you mean he has updated faces yes I’ve updated all of them except for maybe two because I liked the way the versions before looked.

Superbug

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Superbug wrote:
thanspil wrote:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

I don't know if you have seen it but go in ppps thread at page 22 he has a Brandon where he says that he has learnt photoshop or something he has an updated Brandon clarke with no white places and some more updated stuff :D :D
Wdym Brandon Clarke? and Ik I’ve worked on stuff with ppp since I’m a fan of all his work and look at his stuff all the time I’m confused on what you’re asking? Not trying to be rude just genuinely confused. If you mean he has updated faces yes I’ve updated all of them except for maybe two because I liked the way the versions before looked.

Think it might be a fusion of Brandon Boston and Terrence Clarke lol if he was talking about Terrence i haven't really fixed that one, it's not my best work, admittedly...
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:58 pm

but also, if anyone prefers any of my other versions, or any other modders cf you can just replace it once you download the draft class
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Superbug on Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:39 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
Superbug wrote:
thanspil wrote:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Think it might be a fusion of Brandon Boston and Terrence Clarke lol if he was talking about Terrence i haven't really fixed that one, it's not my best work, admittedly...

Okay that makes sense but That didn’t even crosse my mind reading that last night. well if that’s the case I'm using the updated ones since they’re still really good even the Terrance Clarke you made is well done. But yea exactly like you said anyone is free to change to the cyberface to the one of their liking which is what I said in the original post I believe which is why I have you and losjoshs links there so anyone can freely update / choose which versions they like better.

Superbug

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:58 am

What are you basing their ratings off of? High school stats or your own feel? I’m slightly skeptical you can get accurate ratings for guys without college level stats to go off of. Though I guess for sophomores And upperclassmen that wouldn’t be a problem.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Superbug on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:16 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:What are you basing their ratings off of? High school stats or your own feel? I’m slightly skeptical you can get accurate ratings for guys without college level stats to go off of. Though I guess for sophomores And upperclassmen that wouldn’t be a problem.

I’m basing the ratings off of my own feeling of them and some on high school since I can tell their tendencies but slightly make them improve Due to growth. I’m also guessing how they will improve depending on the routes they will be taking to get to the nba, like due to the training most of the g league players will be doing and their competition it will most likely make them better prospects since they’ll be in a system designed to improve them. but there’s also those talents that’ll ultimately make just as good or better prospects thanks to their work ethic and already nba ready skills like Cade and bj Boston. Honestly some players like Evan Mobley and sharife were difficult to rate due to the increase in competition they’ll be facing since they’ll be surrounded by much taller and stronger people in the nba so it’s hard to tell how there talents will translate which no one can really doubt their talents but the competition just isn’t the same in high school. So must of the ratings are based of the potential of these prospects and most of their already nba skills and work ethics.

Superbug

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:58 am

Superbug wrote:ike due to the training most of the g league players will be doing and their competition it will most likely make them better prospects since they’ll be in a system designed to improve them.

Really don't buy this at all. The G-League select thing is totally new and the jury is completely out on how it rates as a pathway for prospect development compared to college or professional overseas. There are many many questions surrounding it. That's even as far as the likes of Kuminga and Jalen Green, the top guys. Someone like Kai Sotto or Daishan Nix certainly don't automatically rank as top prospects simply because they are within a g-league pathway which we have actually very little info regarding how it will work out. I think there are some serious concerns with it.
Rimbaud82

Postby Superbug on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:16 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:
Superbug wrote:ike due to the training most of the g league players will be doing and their competition it will most likely make them better prospects since they’ll be in a system designed to improve them.

Really don't buy this at all. The G-League select thing is totally new and the jury is completely out on how it rates as a pathway for prospect development compared to college or professional overseas. There are many many questions surrounding it. That's even as far as the likes of Kuminga and Jalen Green, the top guys. Someone like Kai Sotto or Daishan Nix certainly don't automatically rank as top prospects simply because they are within a g-league pathway which we have actually very little info regarding how it will work out. I think there are some serious concerns with it.

We do know how it works they explained the whole process they’re going to be training like pros for a year and playing professional g league games idk what’s confusing on that. Plus all the people that are going are already top prospects idk why they can’t be highly rated if they’re already considered top prospects. I actually did research on all these players the g league system and how the development process works and if you don’t like how certain players are rated then you can change that. no one knows how good anyone will be in a year from now for all I know one of them could stop playing basketball entirely and not be in the draft I’m just making a draft class man you’re free to change whatever you want in it when it’s released but that’s how I’m rating them the only concern people have with the g league system is the coach they picked because he’s seen as someone who prefers forwards in his system and doesn’t care about guards / centers but I’m sure the nba can figure that out.

Superbug

Postby Rimbaud82 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:08 am

Superbug wrote:
Rimbaud82 wrote:

We do know how it works they explained the whole process they’re going to be training like pros for a year and playing professional g league games idk what’s confusing on that. Plus all the people that are going are already top prospects idk why they can’t be highly rated if they’re already considered top prospects.

There has never been a single NBA player who has gone through this process. Hence we do not now it will work as far as development vs. other routes. It might be great, or it might be terrible with a total lack of competitive, meaningful game time. They are not playing regular G-league games they are playing a limited number of exhibition games against some sort of opposition. It is totally unclear what these other teams will look like. These players aren't joining the existing g league structure. Its not complicated as to why there are questions regarding this development pathway, not to mention the fit of the players on the team. We have not seen a single player from this before, it is totally unknown and so it makes literally no sense to rank players as having more upside or hogher ratings because they are part of it. Jalen Green doesn't have more pro upside than Cade Cunningham by virtue of joining it, and a low ranked, fringe prospect like Sotto should not be arbitrarily bumped a few points up based on hypothetical development we have never seen before.

I actually did research on all these players the g league system and how the development process works and if you don’t like how certain players are rated then you can change that. no one knows how good anyone will be in a year from now for all I know one of them could stop playing basketball entirely and not be in the draft I’m just making a draft class man you’re free to change whatever you want in it when it’s released but that’s how I’m rating them the only concern people have with the g league system is the coach they picked because he’s seen as someone who prefers forwards in his system and doesn’t care about guards / centers but I’m sure the nba can figure that out.

I've done plenty of research into the system and these prospects. Obviously I can rate them however I want to and vice versa, I am simply telling you what I think. There's a hell of a lot more concerns than that.
Last edited by Rimbaud82 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rimbaud82

Postby Superbug on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:20 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:
Superbug wrote:
Rimbaud82 wrote:

We do know how it works they explained the whole process they’re going to be training like pros for a year and playing professional g league games idk what’s confusing on that. Plus all the people that are going are already top prospects idk why they can’t be highly rated if they’re already considered top prospects.

No offense but this is nonsense. There has never been a single NBA player who has can through this process. Hence we do not now it will work as far as development vs. other routes. It might be great, or it might be terrible with a total lack of competitive, meaningful game time. They are not playing regular G-league games they are playing a limited number of exhibition games against some sort of opposition. It is totally not unclear what these other teams will look like. These players aren't joining the existing g league structure.

I actually did research on all these players the g league system and how the development process works and if you don’t like how certain players are rated then you can change that. no one knows how good anyone will be in a year from now for all I know one of them could stop playing basketball entirely and not be in the draft I’m just making a draft class man you’re free to change whatever you want in it when it’s released but that’s how I’m rating them the only concern people have with the g league system is the coach they picked because he’s seen as someone who prefers forwards in his system and doesn’t care about guards / centers but I’m sure the nba can figure that out.

I've done plenty of research into the system and these prospects. Obviously I can rate them however I want to and vice versa, I am sinply telling you what I think. There's a hell of a lot more concerns than that.

Don’t worry no offense taken, but yes they will be taking exhibition games and not joining the g-league I already know that but they will be face other g league teams in those exhibition games which has already been stated and they will be joining a team that will have veteran g league players to help with knowledge and development. Also it’s not really that hard to believe already top prospects will develop even more in a system that’s being created to develop their talents and make them nba ready why would I not expect them to become better prospects? I don’t understand the argument, I get what you’re saying with this never being done before but it’s not that hard to believe that this will not destroy them as prospects and actually help them when this is being created by the nba itself.

Superbug

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding