All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.7 (8/1)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.5 (7/19)

Postby mjalltheway_90 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:38 am

I am totally new to modding, I have the 2k20 tool and export console. I was wondering if somebody can help me with putting in a team logo that is not featured in the game for 1997 myleague? For example, I want to use the 97 bucks logo, 97 Bullets logo, and a few others that are missing from the actual game. How would I put custom logos into the game?? Thanks!!
mjalltheway_90

Postby natkra90 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:45 am

mjalltheway_90 wrote:I am totally new to modding, I have the 2k20 tool and export console. I was wondering if somebody can help me with putting in a team logo that is not featured in the game for 1997 myleague? For example, I want to use the 97 bucks logo, 97 Bullets logo, and a few others that are missing from the actual game. How would I put custom logos into the game?? Thanks!!

Download NBA2K20 Tools to find the location of the logos. You can put in whatever logo you want in your waigua folder and it will copy. Attached is the Bucks logo (Part of Thunder Shaq's '97 mod.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modding to cure childhood cancer (and for fun!)

Please direct any donations here:
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2151392/donate
natkra90

Postby mjalltheway_90 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:06 am

Thats awesome thanks! I must have gone through 500 logo files in the tool. For example, the bucks logo is logo026.iff. So all I need to do is rename any logo I want to logo026.iff into my waigua folder, and it will replace that logo? I use photoshop, do I need to save it as a IFF? Thanks
mjalltheway_90

Postby natkra90 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:40 pm

mjalltheway_90 wrote:Thats awesome thanks! I must have gone through 500 logo files in the tool. For example, the bucks logo is logo026.iff. So all I need to do is rename any logo I want to logo026.iff into my waigua folder, and it will replace that logo? I use photoshop, do I need to save it as a IFF? Thanks

Think of iff as 7zip files. The texture inside is .dds format.

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Here's info on how to get the plugins you need to read and export a dds.

viewtopic.php?f=237&t=104776

I'm not sure which dds format you would need to save the logos in. If I had to guess, I would say BC3 with Alpha, but you could ask ptsports84 or thunder shaq and they would know because they've made logos. I have not.

natkra90

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.6 (7/25)

Postby kryptonking on Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:11 am

Just did a Play Now using the 90s mod, and the Lakers floor was the Knicks floor instead. I've tested some other home teams and they are fine, but I just started using the mod (which is great by the way!) so I'm not sure if there are more out of place.
kryptonking

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:04 pm

kryptonking wrote:Just did a Play Now using the 90s mod, and the Lakers floor was the Knicks floor instead. I've tested some other home teams and they are fine, but I just started using the mod (which is great by the way!) so I'm not sure if there are more out of place.

Thank you. Don't know how that got overlooked. To fix, either go in your waigua folder and delete f578.iff or install this patch. (deletes it for you)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vg779eks ... ch.7z/file

natkra90

Postby ccmmkkss on Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:10 pm

So i got all Draft Classes from 97-2011 from the other thread (1997 patch). Which source do you guys recommend for the missing 2012-2019 Draft Classes? I'm searching for realistic classes with no oder just bad generic players. No more Ulf Larssons with a rating of 85 after three seasons please!

This is absolutely great work! Thanks from Germany!
ccmmkkss

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:38 pm

ccmmkkss wrote:So i got all Draft Classes from 97-2011 from the other thread (1997 patch). Which source do you guys recommend for the missing 2012-2019 Draft Classes? I'm searching for realistic classes with no oder just bad generic players. No more Ulf Larssons with a rating of 85 after three seasons please!

This is absolutely great work! Thanks from Germany!

I would probably go with yang's draft classes for 2012-2015. His are the most popular, and they look pretty solid. Search by content ID "[year] NBA". Example: "2012 NBA"

After that, your guess is as good as mine. I would just search the year and look for the ones with the most downloads.

natkra90

Postby kryptonking on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:53 pm

natkra90 wrote:
kryptonking wrote:Just did a Play Now using the 90s mod, and the Lakers floor was the Knicks floor instead. I've tested some other home teams and they are fine, but I just started using the mod (which is great by the way!) so I'm not sure if there are more out of place.

Thank you. Don't know how that got overlooked. To fix, either go in your waigua folder and delete f578.iff or install this patch. (deletes it for you)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vg779eks ... ch.7z/file

Awesome thanks, it worked.
kryptonking

Postby chronoxiong on Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 am

Got the new update. Need to keep up with this. I have one annoyin question though. How do I change the MyTeam scoreboard back to default 2K scoreboard? Its using the old NBA on NBC scoreboard and I dont like that because I need to know how many timeouts I still have lol.
chronoxiong

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:16 am

chronoxiong wrote:Got the new update. Need to keep up with this. I have one annoyin question though. How do I change the MyTeam scoreboard back to default 2K scoreboard? Its using the old NBA on NBC scoreboard and I dont like that because I need to know how many timeouts I still have lol.

waigua/newscorebug90nbc.iff is where the 90s NBC scoreboard is located. Rename it to something else and it will revert to the default.

You could also copy a different scoreboard to that name and it will take its place.

natkra90

Postby chronoxiong on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:29 am

natkra90 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:Got the new update. Need to keep up with this. I have one annoyin question though. How do I change the MyTeam scoreboard back to default 2K scoreboard? Its using the old NBA on NBC scoreboard and I dont like that because I need to know how many timeouts I still have lol.

waigua/newscorebug90nbc.iff is where the 90s NBC scoreboard is located. Rename it to something else and it will revert to the default.

You could also copy a different scoreboard to that name and it will take its place.

I know what scoreboard file it is. But I dont know where it goes in the config file for the MyTeam stuff. I dont see any MyTeam config in there. Or is it in there? If I can find it, I would rather change the change the scoreboard to TNT or just the 2k Default scoreboard.
chronoxiong

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 am

chronoxiong wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

I know what scoreboard file it is. But I dont know where it goes in the config file for the MyTeam stuff. I dont see any MyTeam config in there. Or is it in there? If I can find it, I would rather change the change the scoreboard to TNT or just the 2k Default scoreboard.

Actually, upon 2nd look, it appears that the newscorebug.iff in the mod is the 90s NBC scoreboard. That's got to be what's doing it. I'm going to stop including that moving forward. Sorry about the confusion.

The config is loaded depending on what option you chose last. So if you select the 90 in the launcher and go in the game, it will stay there even if you don't use the launcher the following time. You are correct though. I don't have any mod specific to MyTeam.

natkra90

Postby costaskk on Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:59 pm

So, first of all I got to say many thanks for the mod! Second of all I second that on MyTeam the mod uses the NBC scoreboard all the time even though I choose 2k20 default roster (the first option on launcher.bat). Also the mod seems to break the 3v3 offline mode on myteam (haven't checked 3v3 online) when you press to start a game it simply reverts back to selection screen while the game registers for some reason that you have actually played a game and uses up your contracts. I suspect it might have to do something with the scoreboards, cannot be sure though. If you have any idea or suggestion how to resolve this, it would be great, thanks anyways for the work!

EDIT: tried to rename newscoreboard.iff to a random name, still have the same issue
costaskk

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:29 am

costaskk wrote:So, first of all I got to say many thanks for the mod! Second of all I second that on MyTeam the mod uses the NBC scoreboard all the time even though I choose 2k20 default roster (the first option on launcher.bat). Also the mod seems to break the 3v3 offline mode on myteam (haven't checked 3v3 online) when you press to start a game it simply reverts back to selection screen while the game registers for some reason that you have actually played a game and uses up your contracts. I suspect it might have to do something with the scoreboards, cannot be sure though. If you have any idea or suggestion how to resolve this, it would be great, thanks anyways for the work!

EDIT: tried to rename newscoreboard.iff to a random name, still have the same issue

It looks like there's a court that's interfering as well. The file is f711.iff in the waigua folder. You can just delete it because it's no longer used with the retro mod or you can throw this patch in your game folder.

You'll also need to rename or delete newscorebug.iff.

Let me know if you're still having issues after that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

natkra90

Postby OSOGETITDONE850 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:19 am

Hey, I've been trying to do a re-sim from 2001 to current day. I've tried just typing in the year for the progressive cyberfaces and what not, but it doesnt seem to work. What am I doing wrong? lol Sorry if this is a stupid question. Love the mod though!!!
OSOGETITDONE850

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:05 am

Appreciate you reporting issues.

I just went back and tested KG to double check things.

Here he is with progressive cf turned off.

Here he is with progressive cf turned on.

The system seems to be working ok, but maybe there are specific faces that you're missing?

The cyber faces used for 2001 are from RMJH4's 2K1 mod. I can only include faces if the modders are willing to have their work used in this mod, so while the system is in place, not every player is going to change. If you have anyone cyberface that you would like to see included, you can link it here and I'll see if the modder is cool with it. Most of them are.

Also, are other elements working like the courts/scoreboard/dornas?

natkra90

Postby costaskk on Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:37 am

natkra90 wrote:
costaskk wrote:So, first of all I got to say many thanks for the mod! Second of all I second that on MyTeam the mod uses the NBC scoreboard all the time even though I choose 2k20 default roster (the first option on launcher.bat). Also the mod seems to break the 3v3 offline mode on myteam (haven't checked 3v3 online) when you press to start a game it simply reverts back to selection screen while the game registers for some reason that you have actually played a game and uses up your contracts. I suspect it might have to do something with the scoreboards, cannot be sure though. If you have any idea or suggestion how to resolve this, it would be great, thanks anyways for the work!

It looks like there's a court that's interfering as well. The file is f711.iff in the waigua folder. You can just delete it because it's no longer used with the retro mod or you can throw this patch in your game folder.

Thanks a lot for the quick response, unfortunately the problem still persists, must be something more. To clarify more what I said the game when you try to start a 3v3 in myTeam seems to think you are trying to start a proper 5v5 game. The first time you click start it goes back to selection and if you click again you will get this message
nba2k.png

If you click yes it empties up your active squad and you need to set it up again.
Even if you hit no, when you go to see your squad it will show up empty and glitchy like this
nba2k1.png

nba2k2.png

If you browse through your other squads first and then go back to your active one it will go back to normal and show your original squad.

I hope I did not tire you, just wanted to provide as much information as possible to help, thanks again for the hard work!
costaskk

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:01 am

costaskk wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the quick response, unfortunately the problem still persists, must be something more. To clarify more what I said the game when you try to start a 3v3 in myTeam seems to think you are trying to start a proper 5v5 game. The first time you click start it goes back to selection and if you click again you will get this message
nba2k.png

If you click yes it empties up your active squad and you need to set it up again.
Even if you hit no, when you go to see your squad it will show up empty and glitchy like this
nba2k1.png

nba2k2.png

If you browse through your other squads first and then go back to your active one it will go back to normal and show your original squad.

I hope I did not tire you, just wanted to provide as much information as possible to help, thanks again for the hard work!

No worries. Let's try to figure this out.

Try renaming waigua to something else and run the game without using the launcher to see if it's a mod issue.

I'm able to get into a 3v3 no problem, but I think it could have to do with a specific player asset it's trying to use for you.

natkra90

Postby costaskk on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:08 am

natkra90 wrote:
costaskk wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

nba2k.png

nba2k1.png

nba2k2.png

No worries. Let's try to figure this out.

Try renaming waigua to something else and run the game without using the launcher to see if it's a mod issue.

I'm able to get into a 3v3 no problem, but I think it could have to do with a specific player asset it's trying to use for you.

Yeah it's working ok, i've been renaming waigua and nba_hook folder all day to be able to play myTeam. I've tried with one other squad to play 3v3 and had the same issue but I think in both those teams I was using Klay, let me try some other squads, if it's a specific player issue I might find it that way

EDIT: I seem to have the same problem with other squads as well. I am now reinstalling the mod to be sure that I didn't mess up anything.

EDIT 2: Reinstalled the mod, my problem still persists, I've tried multiple squads on 3v3 still the same, only thing I haven't done from your instructions is I haven't downloaded the rosters for each individual mod since I didn't plan on using them yet, don't think it has anything to do with anything, just throwing it out there, anyways thanks for the answers though man!
costaskk

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:56 am

Ok, so then we would want to see which file in waigua is giving us trouble. I would start with cutting and pasting the faces, and then the pngs etc out of waigua. Once we get it narrowed down we'll have a better idea of what the cause is. It is most likely not any of the subfolders but something directly in the waigua folder itself.

natkra90

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:58 am

I have the same isses costaskk is having too. I can no longer play a 3 vs 3 game for MyTeam as the game keeps asking me to make a new team when I have made two teams already. Is that patch you posted going to make it work again? Or should I just rename the waigua folders when I want to play MyTeam? I really dont want to use the NBC scoreboard either. If I rename it, wouldn't it make it not work for any other teams that are using that scoreboard too?
chronoxiong

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:08 am

I was just able to replicate this issue as well, but doing 5v5. Im going to make a mod free option in the Launcher for MyTeam. Apparently it's not agreeable with mods. Will take some time to get it done, but think this is the best option.

Edit: Also, to answer your question. You can delete the newscorebug.iff and NBA on NBC will still work. The configs reference newscorebug90nbc.iff.

natkra90

Postby costaskk on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:16 am

natkra90 wrote:I was just able to replicate this issue as well, but doing 5v5. Im going to make a mod free option in the Launcher for MyTeam. Apparently it's not agreeable with mods. Will take some time to get it done, but think this is the best option.

Edit: Also, to answer your question. You can delete the newscorebug.iff and NBA on NBC will still work. The configs reference newscorebug90nbc.iff.

Thanks for the support again, take your time of course. In the meanwhile i'll keep messing with cfs and stuff to see if I can narrow it down, again can't thank you enough!
costaskk

Postby kryptonking on Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 pm

I came across another floor in the 90s mod that is incorrect. Timberwolves home court just shows a completely gray floor.
kryptonking

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding