All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.7 (8/1)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.5 (7/19)

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:43 am

Just reading through the thread a bit. I recently released a mod pack for the 2010 roster. So, if you are using my 2011 roster, you will likely run into issues with courts as I never released a download for the config for that roster. That's just me being busy with other projects and neglecting to make a mod pack for 2011 (although it won't be much different than 2010) :oops: This is why you may be getting gray courts or alternate team courts showing up
Thunder Shaq

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:04 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:Just reading through the thread a bit. I recently released a mod pack for the 2010 roster. So, if you are using my 2011 roster, you will likely run into issues with courts as I never released a download for the config for that roster. That's just me being busy with other projects and neglecting to make a mod pack for 2011 (although it won't be much different than 2010) :oops: This is why you may be getting gray courts or alternate team courts showing up

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to go through and make the appropriate changes for the 1.0.5 release, so that shouldn't be an issue moving forward. It's much easier to get the info needed now with 2K Tools.

If anyone does experience this with 1.0.5, please report here and I will correct or try to help you resolve it.
Modding to cure childhood cancer (and for fun!)

Please direct any donations here:
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2151392/donate
natkra90

Postby grumblyglobe on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:59 am

Hello, I'm having an issue with the NBA Hook that I didn't have previously. 1.03 works fine, but after patching 1.04 and 1.05, I get an error message from the hook when I boot up my game. The error message in in the wrong alphabet, so I can't tell you what it says I'm afraid. I think it may have something to do with the college config or some other config file. Any pointers on what I can do to help or is it a 'delete everything modded and reinstall' type situation?
grumblyglobe

Postby grumblyglobe on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:07 am

Worth noting that I tried manually replacing the config files in the hook folder, before booting the game, but that doesn't work either. Obviously it's the internet, so I'm open to someone calling me an idiot but I was just wondering what exactly to do.
grumblyglobe

Postby pastrami1993 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:53 am

Having some issues in the Ultimate Retro Roster so far

- from the 05-06 Sixers to the 07-08 Suns, all those teams have generic g-league(?) uniforms
- from the 82-83 Sixers to the 02-03 Wizards, The uniforms default to current day unis, with teams like the Sonics only having Thunder jerseys to select from
pastrami1993

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.4 (7/11)

Postby monja on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:07 pm

natkra90 wrote:
monja wrote:
natkra90 wrote:
4. I only have old Dwight on this mod right now. If anyone has any earlier cyberfaces that can be released for free, please let me know, and I'll add them in.

Theres an All-Time Dwight pack by Billows a few months ago. Here's a link to it over on Shuajota's site: http://www.shuajota.com/2020/04/nba-2k2 ... ckage.html

:applaud: :applaud: Thanks monja. Will be in the next update.

No problem dude, just want to make sure this is as accurate as possible for everyone! I also have 2010 LeBron (based on arteezy's model) over on my thread.
monja

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:47 pm

grumblyglobe wrote:Worth noting that I tried manually replacing the config files in the hook folder, before booting the game, but that doesn't work either. Obviously it's the internet, so I'm open to someone calling me an idiot but I was just wondering what exactly to do.

:lol: I would hope no one calls you an idiot.

I would try overwriting the *gamefolder*\config folder again from the most recent patch. There's probably a config in there that didn't copy properly.

Is this something that's occurring on every mod or just some of them? If it's only some which ones?

Also, just so everyone's aware for troubleshooting purposes: One of the things the batch file does is copy the config from the config folder to the NBA2K_Hook folder. So for example if you want to play in 1999, it will copy the files in "*gamefolder*\config\99" and erase and overwrite "*gamefolder*\NBA2K_Hook" before launching the game.

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:08 pm

pastrami1993 wrote:Having some issues in the Ultimate Retro Roster so far

- from the 05-06 Sixers to the 07-08 Suns, all those teams have generic g-league(?) uniforms
- from the 82-83 Sixers to the 02-03 Wizards, The uniforms default to current day unis, with teams like the Sonics only having Thunder jerseys to select from

I think you may be using an old version of the roster. He addressed these issues on the current version and the '08 Suns don't work at home anymore.
Last edited by natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:10 pm

monja wrote:
natkra90 wrote:
monja wrote:
natkra90 wrote:
4. I only have old Dwight on this mod right now. If anyone has any earlier cyberfaces that can be released for free, please let me know, and I'll add them in.

Theres an All-Time Dwight pack by Billows a few months ago. Here's a link to it over on Shuajota's site: http://www.shuajota.com/2020/04/nba-2k2 ... ckage.html

:applaud: :applaud: Thanks monja. Will be in the next update.

No problem dude, just want to make sure this is as accurate as possible for everyone! I also have 2010 LeBron (based on arteezy's model) over on my thread.

Thanks again. I'll get 2010 LeBron added as well.

natkra90

Postby theprateekba on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:46 pm

natkra90 wrote:
theprateekba wrote:Hey bro,

About your recent patch V1.0.5......
We have to download the mod files for 2K2 and ThunderShaq's 09-10 ?
basically u just added the support only ?
or u added em all with mod files ??

Files are included for all retro mods (2K2 & '10 added with this update). The reason the patch isn't so big is most files used in these mods are already in 1.0.4.

The non-retro mods need to be installed separately in their assigned alternate folder within the game folder. *Do not put the separate install mods in waigua.

thnx...great work on the patch !!
just one more thing, mate !!
m actually getting the hook error every time i start the game using 2k1 and 2k2 roster (only these two), rest are working fine !!
can u check it once and inform me that its only my error or everyone's ?
it happened with me at the patch v1.0.4 too, but i waited for your next release ( v1.0.5), thinking it would solve the error, but it didnt
now m getting the error at 2k2 roster also !!
thnx again :)
theprateekba

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:15 pm

theprateekba wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

Files are included for all retro mods (2K2 & '10 added with this update). The reason the patch isn't so big is most files used in these mods are already in 1.0.4.

The non-retro mods need to be installed separately in their assigned alternate folder within the game folder. *Do not put the separate install mods in waigua.

m actually getting the hook error every time i start the game using 2k1 and 2k2 roster (only these two), rest are working fine !!
it happened with me at the patch v1.0.4 too, but i waited for your next release ( v1.0.5), thinking it would solve the error, but it didnt

You're not alone on this. There was one comma missing from both configs. Working on putting a patch together right now. Thanks so much for reporting. :)

natkra90

Postby theprateekba on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:23 pm

natkra90 wrote:
theprateekba wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

You're not alone on this. There was one comma missing from both configs. Working on putting a patch together right now. Thanks so much for reporting. :)

wow, a single comma can be harmful for our mods hahaha
no problem, its great helping you :)
theprateekba

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:30 pm

theprateekba wrote:
natkra90 wrote:
theprateekba wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

Tell me about it. There's 1.4 million characters in the 2K1 config, but one comma missing and it's completely broken. :roll:

Here's the patch to fix.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jkwim7yn ... ch.7z/file

natkra90

Postby theprateekba on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:00 pm

natkra90 wrote:
theprateekba wrote:
natkra90 wrote:
theprateekba wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

Tell me about it. There's 1.4 million characters in the 2K1 config, but one comma missing and it's completely broken. :roll:

Here's the patch to fix.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jkwim7yn ... ch.7z/file

i know right !!
now its good to go....thnx :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
theprateekba

Postby monja on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm

natkra90 wrote:Tell me about it. There's 1.4 million characters in the 2K1 config, but one comma missing and it's completely broken. :roll:

This exact thing used to frustrate me back when you weren't releasing your configs. I get so excited to see if the config worked and right when I launch, the error code pops up. :lol:
monja

Postby natkra90 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:05 am

natkra90

Postby siballin on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:43 pm

Hey, Im in Year 8 of a 1990 sim and I am in February and it crashes whenever I try to sim forward. I have changed jerseys, logos, and floors with the hook and randomly after the last game I jumped into, the game crashed and the file name reset to the default name. I was using the 99 batch and this has never happened before.
siballin

Postby natkra90 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:08 pm

That really sucks. I don't know what to say b/c I haven't seen a situation like that before. Changing graphics doesn't have anything to do with franchise progression. It could crash a game when it tries to load something it doesn't want to, but I don't know how it could affect it beyond that. There could be a glitch in the roster somewhere, or it could even be a server issue with 2K. I'm not far from you though so we'll see if I get the same issue when I get there. I'm currently in '98.

Have you tried contacting 2k?

natkra90

Postby siballin on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:26 pm

natkra90 wrote:That really sucks. I don't know what to say b/c I haven't seen a situation like that before. Changing graphics doesn't have anything to do with franchise progression. It could crash a game when it tries to load something it doesn't want to, but I don't know how it could affect it beyond that. There could be a glitch in the roster somewhere, or it could even be a server issue with 2K. I'm not far from you though so we'll see if I get the same issue when I get there. I'm currently in '98.

Have you tried contacting 2k?

I have not contacted 2k yet, but I will go about doing that, I'm going to look at the roster and see if I made a mistake along the way. Thanks for responding.
siballin

Postby videogamersadvocate on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:39 pm

@natkra90 - Just want to say that this is fantastic work. I downloaded and installed this a couple of days ago and really appreciate being able to seamlessly go from mod to mod. Thanks also to all of the creators of these mods.
videogamersadvocate

Postby chronoxiong on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:02 pm

I am so mad. I downloaded the PC Basket files and forgetting about your readme file, I installed all those files into the waigua folder. Now I have to figure out which ones to delete and which ones to keep. And then I realized that some of those jerseys have over ride the current jerseys that the NBA teams are using. Oh man. This is not good! I knew I shouldn't have tried to install that yet. And now I wished I had done a system restore point.
chronoxiong

Postby natkra90 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:17 pm

videogamersadvocate wrote:@natkra90 - Just want to say that this is fantastic work. I downloaded and installed this a couple of days ago and really appreciate being able to seamlessly go from mod to mod. Thanks also to all of the creators of these mods.

Thanks for the shoutout.

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:20 pm

chronoxiong wrote:I am so mad. I downloaded the PC Basket files and forgetting about your readme file, I installed all those files into the waigua folder. Now I have to figure out which ones to delete and which ones to keep. And then I realized that some of those jerseys have over ride the current jerseys that the NBA teams are using. Oh man. This is not good! I knew I shouldn't have tried to install that yet. And now I wished I had done a system restore point.

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. Did you have other mods installed besides what's in All-In-One? If not, you could just rename waigua to pc_basket and install the standalone over it again.

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:24 pm

monja wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

Do you or anyone else have a way to decipher which folder is for which Dwight? My PC doesn't read Chinese.

natkra90

Postby monja on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 pm

natkra90 wrote:
monja wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

Do you or anyone else have a way to decipher which folder is for which Dwight? My PC doesn't read Chinese.
[ Image ]

Yeah, I had to actually 1 by 1 install them to see which version is which, I'll go check which ones I have installed with my edited roster and I'll attach them here.
monja

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding