Thunder Shaq: 1996-97: 1997-2011 Offline Draft Classes Uploaded

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Thunder Shaq: 1996-97 Season Mod RELEASED

Postby MisterKumquat on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:46 am

If I download both the Ultimate Roster modpack, and this modpack at the same time, will there be any known issues? I'm kind of new to this.
MisterKumquat

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:54 am

MisterKumquat wrote:If I download both the Ultimate Roster modpack, and this modpack at the same time, will there be any known issues? I'm kind of new to this.

If you are keeping them in separate folders, make sure only one of them is named waigua, or else the one you want to use won’t work. Otherwise you can probably just throw the 1997 files in your Ultimate a Retro waigua. I think the only conflicting face would be Sprewell. It would make your 99 and 2004 Sprewell bald
Thunder Shaq

Postby MisterKumquat on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:14 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
MisterKumquat wrote:If I download both the Ultimate Roster modpack, and this modpack at the same time, will there be any known issues? I'm kind of new to this.

If you are keeping them in separate folders, make sure only one of them is named waigua, or else the one you want to use won’t work. Otherwise you can probably just throw the 1997 files in your Ultimate a Retro waigua. I think the only conflicting face would be Sprewell. It would make your 99 and 2004 Sprewell bald

Thanks for the response my dude, I appreciate all your mods and the work ya do.
MisterKumquat

Postby gsquared13 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:46 pm

thunder shaq have you done a 1994/95 mod in a other post about clyde drexler it said soething about him in 1994/95
gsquared13

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:26 am

gsquared13 wrote:thunder shaq have you done a 1994/95 mod in a other post about clyde drexler it said soething about him in 1994/95

I have not made a 1995 mod. The 95 rockets are in my Ultimate Retro roster
Thunder Shaq

Postby MarcusP617 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:29 am

Can anybody help me out as a newb PC user / first time mod user as to where I'm going wrong installing this?

Never done this before but bought 2k on PC w/Steam specifically to start diving into these mods and classic rosters/draft classes. I thought I did everything correctly.

I started here: NBA 2K20 External File Plugin (Waigua) - and downloaded that plugin.

I also downloaded the Hook file & dragged in my 2K folder.

Then I downloaded all 3 of the files in this post. For each of these files, I dragged all of their contents into the waigua folder. I also copied the file from the "move this file into Hook folder" and pasted it to replace the config file that was already in the Hook folder

When I turned the game on - no evidence of the 97 rosters. So I thought "maybe I still need to download the rosters online." So I searched user created rosters, searched Thunder Shaq, and downloaded his 97 roster --- but even when I did that, I can't find anywhere on the game that I can actually load the roster. It allows me to save rosters, but nowhere to load them into the gameplay.

Can someone give a lost soul a hand here?

Edit:

Not sure if this makes a difference, but I dragged the 2kHook files directly into the 2k20 folder, not into the Waigua folder(as I did for the Mod files) --- perhaps that's where I went wrong?
MarcusP617

Postby MisterKumquat on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:16 am

MarcusP617 wrote:Can anybody help me out as a newb PC user / first time mod user as to where I'm going wrong installing this?

Never done this before but bought 2k on PC w/Steam specifically to start diving into these mods and classic rosters/draft classes. I thought I did everything correctly.

I started here: NBA 2K20 External File Plugin (Waigua) - and downloaded that plugin.

Then I downloaded all 3 of the files in this post. For each of these files, I dragged all of their contents into the waigua folder. I also copied the file from the "move this file into Hook folder" and pasted it to replace the config file that was already in the Hook folder

When I turned the game on - no evidence of the 97 rosters. So I thought "maybe I still need to download the rosters online." So I searched user created rosters, searched Thunder Shaq, and downloaded his 97 roster --- but even when I did that, I can't find anywhere on the game that I can actually load the roster. It allows me to save rosters, but nowhere to load them into the gameplay.

Edit:

Not sure if this makes a difference, but I dragged the 2kHook files directly into the 2k20 folder, not into the Waigua folder(as I did for the Mod files) --- perhaps that's where I went wrong?

Make sure you put the config file into the NBAhook folder, and make sure your waigua folder is just named 'waigua' lowercase and all. Make sure not to rename any files you put into the waigua folder.

You download the roster online from Thundershaq, and save it locally, name it whatever you want. Just select it, back out, hit save roster. if you're using an Xbox controller on PC, then push down on the left analog stick during quick play, and you can select rosters. If it's on MyLeague, or Season, then press Y when asked to select custom league and things like that. Hope it helps.
MisterKumquat

Postby MarcusP617 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:24 am

Very helpful, thanks! Pressing down on the left stick was the missing ingredient - once I did that I was able to load the roster file.

That being said, since that worked, should I be correct to assume that I actually installed the mod files correctly? I didn't know if once you install the mod, the rosters will automatically appear, or if you still need to download them online(which I did.)

Also---Are there corresponding draft classes (97, 98, 99) etc for this mod and is it the same deal----search Thunder Shaq when loading/downloading draft classes and select the appropriate one?

MisterKumquat wrote:
MarcusP617 wrote:Can anybody help me out as a newb PC user / first time mod user as to where I'm going wrong installing this?

Edit:

Make sure you put the config file into the NBAhook folder, and make sure your waigua folder is just named 'waigua' lowercase and all. Make sure not to rename any files you put into the waigua folder.

You download the roster online from Thundershaq, and save it locally, name it whatever you want. Just select it, back out, hit save roster. if you're using an Xbox controller on PC, then push down on the left analog stick during quick play, and you can select rosters. If it's on MyLeague, or Season, then press Y when asked to select custom league and things like that. Hope it helps.
MarcusP617

Postby MisterKumquat on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 am

MarcusP617 wrote:Very helpful, thanks! Pressing down on the left stick was the missing ingredient - once I did that I was able to load the roster file.

That being said, since that worked, should I be correct to assume that I actually installed the mod files correctly? I didn't know if once you install the mod, the rosters will automatically appear, or if you still need to download them online(which I did.)

Also---Are there corresponding draft classes (97, 98, 99) etc for this mod and is it the same deal----search Thunder Shaq when loading/downloading draft classes and select the appropriate one?

MisterKumquat wrote:

Edit:

The rosters are all online, they don't come with the mods. The mods just make the rosters work. 2K should have historic draft classes you can select even before 1997, so that isn't an issue.
MisterKumquat

Postby MisterKumquat on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 am

MarcusP617 wrote:Very helpful, thanks! Pressing down on the left stick was the missing ingredient - once I did that I was able to load the roster file.

MisterKumquat wrote:

Edit:

The rosters are all online, they don't come with the mods. The mods just make the rosters work. 2K should have historic draft classes you can select even before 1997, so that isn't an issue.
MisterKumquat

Postby natkra90 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:53 am

mking2 wrote:
natkra90 wrote:Here's what I'm using now for my 1997 court package. It mixes the three I created with conversions from sticky-fingers and a lot of what keibo put together too. Made a few tweaks as well to eliminate any glitches along with some enhancements.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/null/199 ... s.zip/file

can you reupload this file thank you bro

Sorry. Wasn't linked properly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n26a0j1os ... 9.zip/file
Modding to cure childhood cancer (and for fun!)

Please direct any donations here:
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2151392/donate
natkra90

Postby Zionwilliamsonifat on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 am

is there a cyberface id list for this roster
Zionwilliamsonifat

Postby nick10 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:26 pm

This roster is amazing. Really enjoying playing with it. Only issues I've had so far are the invisible Dennis Rodman and Dale Davis.
nick10

Postby Naturalpipes on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:36 pm

I am having trouble getting the courts to work. I replaced the config file. Because there was little detail on what to do. Also houston is blank, nj is brooklyn and atlanta is grey now. I am so lost. Please help. First time modder.
Naturalpipes

Postby NasirBras_ on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:39 am

Can somebody please help me because i am new to PC and all this is frustrating, i downloaded all the files and put it in waigua so far nothing has happened.

i thought Nba2k hook would help but all it led to is more confusion. The only thing i was able to do was download the 1997 roster that is already in the game i dont know how to get the jersey, court or anything can somebody please help me.
NasirBras_

Postby NasirBras_ on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:39 am

Can somebody please help me because i am new to PC and all this is frustrating, i downloaded all the files and put it in waigua so far nothing has happened.

i thought Nba2k hook would help but all it led to is more confusion. The only thing i was able to do was download the 1997 roster that is already in the game i dont know how to get the jersey, court or anything can somebody please help me.
NasirBras_

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:49 am

I made some updated court files for the teams that needed updates. I'm not as talented or familiar with court editing as somebody like sticky-fingers, but I think these courts turned out good. Included are updates for the Fleet Center, SkyDome, Great Western Forum, United Center, Delta Center, and MSG.
Full credits go to kodrinsky and Retroman for the textures; I just changed the court colors a bit. Simply drag and drop in the waigua folder and overwrite the older files.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lv3pnzg5 ... 1.zip/file
RayRay_953

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:22 am

Nice work on those courts! (Y)
Thunder Shaq

Postby Huntsimracing on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:17 am

Hey Thunder Shaq, do you have the 96-97 Sixers jersey included in your files? If so, could you post them here for me? I've been running your roster through Natkra's launcher and it seems that jersey file is missing for me. Let me know if it's not too much trouble.

Also, is it possible to edit sock color with your roster? Right now, The Bulls are wearing black socks for home and away. I'd love to make the regular season look with white socks for home and away. Is it possible? I haven't seen it change when I've been running quick games and altered the uni. Again, keep in mind I'm running it through that launcher, and I'm not sure if I have an issue on my end somewhere.
Huntsimracing

Postby johnwest1985 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:13 am

Thanks for the courts bro !
johnwest1985

Postby natkra90 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:37 am

RayRay_953 wrote:I made some updated court files for the teams that needed updates. I'm not as talented or familiar with court editing as somebody like sticky-fingers, but I think these courts turned out good. Included are updates for the Fleet Center, SkyDome, Great Western Forum, United Center, Delta Center, and MSG.
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Full credits go to kodrinsky and Retroman for the textures; I just changed the court colors a bit. Simply drag and drop in the waigua folder and overwrite the older files.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lv3pnzg5 ... 1.zip/file

Nice courts!
Modding to cure childhood cancer (and for fun!)

Please direct any donations here:
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2151392/donate
natkra90

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:41 am

Huntsimracing wrote:Hey Thunder Shaq, do you have the 96-97 Sixers jersey included in your files? If so, could you post them here for me? I've been running your roster through Natkra's launcher and it seems that jersey file is missing for me. Let me know if it's not too much trouble.

Also, is it possible to edit sock color with your roster? Right now, The Bulls are wearing black socks for home and away. I'd love to make the regular season look with white socks for home and away. Is it possible? I haven't seen it change when I've been running quick games and altered the uni. Again, keep in mind I'm running it through that launcher, and I'm not sure if I have an issue on my end somewhere.

just snag the jerseys from the mod pack. You can edit sock color using looyh's tool: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=110006
Thunder Shaq

Postby Huntsimracing on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:19 am

Thanks man. I'll get to work on it
Huntsimracing

Postby Vega_Alex on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 am

For some reason, Kobe is invisible for me. Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I already downloaded the cyberfaces and I even tried to download a seperate cyberface too.
Vega_Alex

Postby outb0undflight on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Okay...I'm sure there's an obvious answer to this that I'm just not thinking of, but as someone new to this modding scene I have to ask...what do we do about The Pelicans? There's only 29 teams in the 96-97 season, obviously. But I can't figure out a way to get rid of New Orleans.

Unrelated, for some reason The Mavericks always have the hat logo no matter what mod I'm using? Honestly it's an improvement over basically every other Mavs logo but I'm not sure how it happened.
outb0undflight

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding