Question - How to Do Fantasy Draft MyLeague With All Legends Included?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Question - How to Do Fantasy Draft MyLeague With All Legends Included?

Postby LKLO90 on Fri May 22, 2020 1:29 pm

I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to ask.

Every year in 2K, I like making a fantasy draft MyLeague with all current players & legends. For example, on PS4 my team is Lillard, Kobe, Paul George, Giannis, & Yao, with guys like Trae Young, Michael Redd, Robert Horry, Bam Adebayo & others coming off the bench. But as we know, 2K is missing a lot of big name legends like Barkley, Miller, etc. So I figure that it would be better to do this league on the PC version with all the mods & missing legends.

I used to be able to do this with 2K14 on pc, but after the graphics went next-gen, my laptop couldn't handle it anymore, so I haven't played 2K on PC since. I just bought a gaming laptop last week, bought 2K for PC, & I'm currently trying to do this. I downloaded Thunder Shaq's Ultimate Roster & tried it. But when I created a MyLeague, as I was drafting players, I realized there were no current players. Does anyone know what would be the best way to do this?

I also like making a MyLeague with All-Time Teams & it just bugs me that there's no Miller on the Pacers, Barkley on the Suns, etc. Lol

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
LKLO90

Re: Question - How to Do Fantasy Draft MyLeague With All Legends Included?

Postby clarkchuasdfghjklx on Fri May 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Just load thunder shaq’s roster before starting a new my league by pressing load roster.
clarkchuasdfghjklx

Postby LKLO90 on Fri May 22, 2020 1:54 pm

clarkchuasdfghjklx wrote:Just load thunder shaq’s roster before starting a new my league by pressing load roster.

Yeah I understand that, but what I'm saying is that when I do that, the current players aren't on there. As I stated, I did that & went on to do the fantasy draft, there was no Giannis, Kawhi, KD, no current players. I could be wrong, but I believe his Ultimate Roster consist of all throwback teams & players only.
LKLO90

Postby SakhalinSeaLions on Sat May 23, 2020 1:22 pm

You know what dude I'm not a mod person so I wouldn't know if something's up there. But game wise I would say to save the player DNA of guys like Miller and Barkley and just add them to a roster with current players. This could apply to anyone else you wanna add. 2k has a decent set of historic teams but you might see 04 SuperSonics Ray Allen and want to add him so export the DNA and import Ray into the base roster. Since its a fantasy draft it shouldn't matter what team they're on. This is if you want the big name players covered like Barkley and Miller with the current players (unless you have a lot of copy and paste time then you could add more.)

I dont play PC so forgive me if I'm wrong on anything but thats the in-game way. I wish there was a way to just merge the players from one roster to another but I'm just glad they're in game workaround options on 2k (madden is bad, MLB is OK, NHL is OK, 2k is great and fifa ok)

Another thing you can is load NBA player. So you can go to import player DNA on the player edit screen and import current NBA players into the roster. They're already pre-made by 2k. You might even be able to go to created players tab in the roster and import NBA players from there though I'm unsure if thats a feature. So worst case in this method is to pick bums from the retro roster roster and replace with current NBA players like Giannis.

So:

Method 1: Get a base roster with current players like a normal 2k roster. Export the player DNA of the legends you got from the retro roster that are missing from the base roster (your Miller, Barkley, or even 04 Ray Allen or whoever) And bam a few imports and you'll have a decent roster.

Method 2: Just add (I think the game words it copy) NBA players into the retro roster. You may be able to do this from the created players tab but I you might have to replace bums. I'll check on my console game if you're confused or still have the issue.

If the roster simply isn't loading in your MyLeague or MyGm and if its a game issue, it should be a insufficient roster. You can play with teams missing a few players but playerless teams even if its an irrelevant historic team can cause the roster not to load from my experience.

Hope this helped. Please correct if wrong I just like roster editing for little known G-League players. But yeah have a good one.
SakhalinSeaLions

Postby LKLO90 on Sun May 24, 2020 1:05 am

SakhalinSeaLions wrote:You know what dude I'm not a mod person so I wouldn't know if something's up there. But game wise I would say to save the player DNA of guys like Miller and Barkley and just add them to a roster with current players. This could apply to anyone else you wanna add. 2k has a decent set of historic teams but you might see 04 SuperSonics Ray Allen and want to add him so export the DNA and import Ray into the base roster. Since its a fantasy draft it shouldn't matter what team they're on. This is if you want the big name players covered like Barkley and Miller with the current players (unless you have a lot of copy and paste time then you could add more.)

I dont play PC so forgive me if I'm wrong on anything but thats the in-game way. I wish there was a way to just merge the players from one roster to another but I'm just glad they're in game workaround options on 2k (madden is bad, MLB is OK, NHL is OK, 2k is great and fifa ok)

Another thing you can is load NBA player. So you can go to import player DNA on the player edit screen and import current NBA players into the roster. They're already pre-made by 2k. You might even be able to go to created players tab in the roster and import NBA players from there though I'm unsure if thats a feature. So worst case in this method is to pick bums from the retro roster roster and replace with current NBA players like Giannis.

So:

Method 1: Get a base roster with current players like a normal 2k roster. Export the player DNA of the legends you got from the retro roster that are missing from the base roster (your Miller, Barkley, or even 04 Ray Allen or whoever) And bam a few imports and you'll have a decent roster.

Method 2: Just add (I think the game words it copy) NBA players into the retro roster. You may be able to do this from the created players tab but I you might have to replace bums. I'll check on my console game if you're confused or still have the issue.

If the roster simply isn't loading in your MyLeague or MyGm and if its a game issue, it should be a insufficient roster. You can play with teams missing a few players but playerless teams even if its an irrelevant historic team can cause the roster not to load from my experience.

Hope this helped. Please correct if wrong I just like roster editing for little known G-League players. But yeah have a good one.

I think I understand what you're saying. I was thinking of trying the first method, but it'll just take a lot of time finding the players I want & copying/pasting the files.

Thanks for your input!
LKLO90

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding