Jersey .RDAT file

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Jersey .RDAT file

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Thu May 07, 2020 1:53 am

Any body know what change can be done with the jersey .rdat file?
I mean for example the neck shape i know the U and V shape jerseys. Is there other more choices? Like round shape?
Same as with the numbers. Last name, short type,
Any body can share the choices we can use to modify the .rdat file.
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeremiahsabado284

Re: Jersey .RDAT file

Postby [Stove] on Thu May 07, 2020 6:04 am

tri-neck but there is a space you need to use to be able to do it. look at cavs 04-06 or philly Iverson era unis to see what I mean.
nike_wishbone_neck is another. Look at warriors for that.
There's also just u_neck & v_neck without the nike.
I think that's it.
[Stove]

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Thu May 07, 2020 11:27 am

Thanks man! I'll try them out.

How about the other opinions tho? Is there more options to change in the rdat file? Like the number locations. Can we can that also?
jeremiahsabado284

Postby [Stove] on Thu May 07, 2020 7:32 pm

jeremiahsabado284 wrote:Thanks man! I'll try them out.

How about the other opinions tho? Is there more options to change in the rdat file? Like the number locations. Can we can that also?

Jersey number positioning is done in the jersey SCNE files that are found in the tweak file for the jersey. There are 3 SCNE for jersey and 3 for shorts. You have to edit all 3 the same. So open up all 3 jersey SCNE files (in Notepad ++) and then hit Ctrl+F to open the search bar. Search for "parameters" in all 3 files. In this parameters section is where you can edit the number position and size. Number0 is referring to the number on the back of the jersey. Number1 is referring to the number on the front of the jersey. V is the Y axis (vertical), U is the X axis (horizontal). Offset is for positioning and Scale is for sizing. From experience let me tell you this. Some tweak files are locked. If you did everything correctly and it's still not working then you're working on a locked tweak file. You're gonna have to start over if that happens (ik it blows). Best way to determine if a tweak is locked is to do what I told you. Go to parameters and make the front number some crazy ass number on one of the scales (like 100 or something). Put it across all 3 files and save put it in the right spot then start your game. If nothing happened on the jersey you're editing that means the file is locked. If the number is super big or small or gone its good to edit. Just remember what the number you changed was so you can put it back and start working from there. Also if you do not want any number on the front of the jersey at all like some jerseys have then put this line ("Number1Exists": 0,) between these two lines and it will go away.

Hope this helps.
[Stove]

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Thu May 07, 2020 9:43 pm

[Stove] wrote:
jeremiahsabado284 wrote:Thanks man! I'll try them out.

Jersey number positioning is done in the jersey SCNE files that are found in the tweak file for the jersey. There are 3 SCNE for jersey and 3 for shorts. You have to edit all 3 the same. So open up all 3 jersey SCNE files (in Notepad ++) and then hit Ctrl+F to open the search bar. Search for "parameters" in all 3 files. In this parameters section is where you can edit the number position and size. Number0 is referring to the number on the back of the jersey. Number1 is referring to the number on the front of the jersey. V is the Y axis (vertical), U is the X axis (horizontal). Offset is for positioning and Scale is for sizing. From experience let me tell you this. Some tweak files are locked. If you did everything correctly and it's still not working then you're working on a locked tweak file. You're gonna have to start over if that happens (ik it blows). Best way to determine if a tweak is locked is to do what I told you. Go to parameters and make the front number some crazy ass number on one of the scales (like 100 or something). Put it across all 3 files and save put it in the right spot then start your game. If nothing happened on the jersey you're editing that means the file is locked. If the number is super big or small or gone its good to edit. Just remember what the number you changed was so you can put it back and start working from there. Also if you do not want any number on the front of the jersey at all like some jerseys have then put this line ("Number1Exists": 0,) between these two lines and it will go away.
[ Image ]

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot! You da man bro!
jeremiahsabado284

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Fri May 08, 2020 3:36 pm

[Stove], hey stove? so i put the ("Number1Exists": 0,) between the jerseyscale and offset. but the number is still there. does that mean that this yweak file is locked? im using the denver nuggets tweak file.
jeremiahsabado284

Postby [Stove] on Sat May 09, 2020 3:18 pm

jeremiahsabado284 wrote:[Stove], hey stove? so i put the ("Number1Exists": 0,) between the jerseyscale and offset. but the number is still there. does that mean that this yweak file is locked? im using the denver nuggets tweak file.

if you did everything correctly and it didn't go away then it's locked.
[Stove]

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Sat May 09, 2020 4:44 pm

[Stove] wrote:
jeremiahsabado284 wrote:[Stove], hey stove? so i put the ("Number1Exists": 0,) between the jerseyscale and offset. but the number is still there. does that mean that this yweak file is locked? im using the denver nuggets tweak file.

if you did everything correctly and it didn't go away then it's locked.

Ok I'll just use other tweak file.
One more thing. Sorry fot too many questions and being so annoying.
I was changing the font color number color of the jersey that im using with photoshop. Then when when i load it in game the font and number is invisible. Have you encountered this before?? My saving settings is bc3 linear, generate mipmaps, color+alpha. Thanks!
jeremiahsabado284

Postby [Stove] on Sun May 10, 2020 1:40 am

I save my fonts and tweaks like this. Never gave me an issue.

Make sure you edit the TXTR files as well.
[Stove]

Postby TGsoGood on Mon May 11, 2020 1:26 am

Here are some "Jersey Type" values that you can use

"nike_u_neck"
"nike_v_neck"
"Nike_wishbone_neck"
"u_neck" (same as "classic_u_neck") -
"v_neck" (same as "classic_v_neck") -
"tri_neck"
"wishbone"
"female_nike_v_neck"
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Fri May 22, 2020 12:49 am

TGsoGood wrote:Here are some "Jersey Type" values that you can use

"nike_u_neck"
"nike_v_neck"
"Nike_wishbone_neck"
"u_neck" (same as "classic_u_neck") -
"v_neck" (same as "classic_v_neck") -
"tri_neck"
"wishbone"
"female_nike_v_neck"

THANKS!
jeremiahsabado284

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Sun May 24, 2020 2:34 pm

[Stove] wrote:I save my fonts and tweaks like this. Never gave me an issue.
[ Image ]

what should i do with TXTR files? i tries using your saving settings still no luck, they are still invisible in game
jeremiahsabado284

Postby [Stove] on Sun May 24, 2020 5:10 pm

jeremiahsabado284 wrote:
[ Image ]

what should i do with TXTR files? i tries using your saving settings still no luck, they are still invisible in game

every color file should have these lines

every normal file should have these lines

every region file should have these lines
[Stove]

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Sun May 24, 2020 6:10 pm

[Stove] wrote:
jeremiahsabado284 wrote:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

thankS!
jeremiahsabado284

Postby jeremiahsabado284 on Sun May 24, 2020 7:58 pm

[Stove] wrote:
jeremiahsabado284 wrote:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

THANKS A LOT STOVE! it worked! what a relief.

last question bro. is there a way to set number and letters position where you could see them in realtime? is so hard to set the position blindly.
jeremiahsabado284

Postby [Stove] on Mon May 25, 2020 6:05 am

jeremiahsabado284 wrote:
[Stove] wrote:
jeremiahsabado284 wrote:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

THANKS A LOT STOVE! it worked! what a relief.

last question bro. is there a way to set number and letters position where you could see them in realtime? is so hard to set the position blindly.

Leave your game open while editing it. Go to the jersey your editing in quick play like your choosing it for a team you're going to play with. Move on jersey to the left or right then edit it in Notepad++ save it over and go look in your game. Move 1 click back over to the jersey your editing to see the change. You can't just stay on the jersey it won't change, you have to move either left or right then back to it to see.
[Stove]

Postby zhengg2020 on Tue May 26, 2020 12:45 am

would u tell me which jersey's tweak file can be edited ? please :D
zhengg2020

Postby [Stove] on Tue May 26, 2020 11:01 am

zhengg2020 wrote:would u tell me which jersey's tweak file can be edited ? please :D

Idk off the top of my head. Just play around with stuff.
[Stove]

Postby Torslov123 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:47 am

[Stove] wrote:
zhengg2020 wrote:would u tell me which jersey's tweak file can be edited ? please :D

Idk off the top of my head. Just play around with stuff.

Hey bro i was stuck in a problem and now i saw that you said thats maybe its a locked file and it was so thanks for that now i founded a file that is not locked but when im trying to change numbers position it disappears in game
Torslov123

Postby ChrisW112 on Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:44 pm

Idk if anyone still looks at this thread, I'm having a similar type of problem with NBA 2K22 and a jersey I made on there. The jersey looks great, and came out perfect. It's an edit of the Charlotte Hornets secondary jersey, see attached link below:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Charlotte+hornets+secondary+jersey&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwji8ejSgvT_AhXnJVkFHc37CpIQ2-cCegQIABAA#imgrc=XP5xPAyYHN88hM

The only issue I'm having is the jersey number.

The original number and all the files in both the font and tweak file will work just fine with the jersey I made, so essentially, the blue number on the jersey (the jersey is now black, and is a Bobcats themed jersey)

I tried to go in and simply change the color of the blue number, by editing the "font_number_color" file on photoshop.

The number now does not appear whatsoever on the jersey, but when I revert the mod back to the original Charlotte blue number color, it shows up fine, and in the spot it's supposed to, so I don't think it has to do with the TXT issues. The font number color works, but only the stock Charlotte color will, if I switch the color of it to the orange i want, then override the "font_number_color" file within the clothing_resource_u031cha_current_secondary_font" file within winRar by saving and overriding in Photoshop, it disappears completely in both the play now loading screen, as well as the actual game itself. I had it working by using a different font and tweak clothing resource folders, but the clipping of the numbers was appearing weird on both the front and back, almost as if they were over the next number in the sequence if they were single digit numbers and etc.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
ChrisW112

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding