Crowd Big Heads

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Crowd Big Heads

Postby maolano on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Has anyone been able to create crowd big heads for any player? I've downloaded and currently use answer996's LeBron James' and Ben Simmons' crowd big heads, however I wanted one for several players, such as Jayson Tatum. I started to make transparent images of players' heads, in case I ever figure out how to make it myself, however that is highly unlikely... lol. Please let me know if you have made them, and/or would like to share your knowledge of making them. Thanks! :D
maolano

Re: Crowd Big Heads

Postby Mahmood on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:59 pm

I second this. Everytime I try to change the texture of the bighead it's just completely black for me in Photoshop.
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby johnwest1985 on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:39 pm

You mean you cant load the texture even mahmood ? I had no issues but i think you need the intel texture works plugin for dds files !
johnwest1985

Postby martoluthor on Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:46 am

:D
its not that hard, you have to make an alpha channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuouwReR_F8
martoluthor

Postby maolano on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:05 am

martoluthor wrote:[ Image ]

Do I have to go through the steps of using Autodesk 3ds Max? Or do I just save it as a dds instead of a Targa
maolano

Postby martoluthor on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:34 am

maolano wrote:

Do I have to go through the steps of using Autodesk 3ds Max? Or do I just save it as a dds instead of a Targa

just save it as a dds!
martoluthor

Postby maolano on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:53 am

martoluthor wrote:
maolano wrote:

just save it as a dds!

Alright, so I saved it as a dds, then made sure the TXTR file correctly corresponds with the dds file, and renamed the .iff to the correct player's id (i'm using Jayson Tatum, and id is 7504). However, when I tried to load in game to check if all is good, my game crashes around the 50% loading mark. I just used copies of existing crowd big heads files instead of generating entire new .dds, .TXTR, .iff files. Is there something I may be missing, or not doing right?
maolano

Postby MrVinceCarter15 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 am

martoluthor , Do you know the file name of My career headshot ?
MrVinceCarter15

Postby martoluthor on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 am

Make sure that the file is
crowd_big_head_7504.iff
And that you saved the dds file with it original name and as a dxt1 argb 4bp 1 bit alpha
martoluthor

Postby martoluthor on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 am

Make sure that the file is
crowd_big_head_7504.iff
And that you saved the dds file with it original name and as a dxt1 argb 4bp 1 bit alpha
martoluthor

Postby maolano on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:26 am

martoluthor wrote:Make sure that the file is
crowd_big_head_7504.iff

Alright so I made sure the iff file is named correctly as crowd_big_head_7504.iff, and the dds file was saved as a dxt1 argb 4bp 1 bit alpha. It now loads fully into the game, however the asset is shown as some distorted image, instead of JT's face... This is so much better and I'm getting closer, just not there yet lol. Can you show me an example of how the dds file is supposed to look and done in Photoshop? Thanks a lot for the help btw!
maolano

Postby martoluthor on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 am

maolano wrote:Alright so I made sure the iff file is named correctly as crowd_big_head_7504.iff, and the dds file was saved as a dxt1 argb 4bp 1 bit alpha. It now loads fully into the game, however the asset is shown as some distorted image, instead of JT's face... This is so much better and I'm getting closer, just not there yet lol. Can you show me an example of how the dds file is supposed to look and done in Photoshop? Thanks a lot for the help btw!

As you can see the alpha layer is not marked
martoluthor

Postby maolano on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:41 am

martoluthor wrote:
maolano wrote:Alright so I made sure the iff file is named correctly as crowd_big_head_7504.iff, and the dds file was saved as a dxt1 argb 4bp 1 bit alpha. It now loads fully into the game, however the asset is shown as some distorted image, instead of JT's face... This is so much better and I'm getting closer, just not there yet lol. Can you show me an example of how the dds file is supposed to look and done in Photoshop? Thanks a lot for the help btw!

As you can see the alpha layer is not marked
[ Image ]

Alright, so I just had to merge the layers, got it. Do you save the DDS using NVIDIA texture tools exporter, or Intel Texture Works? Also, is it ok if you show me your exact save settings? Thanks!
maolano

Postby martoluthor on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:46 am

maolano wrote:Alright, so I just had to merge the layers, got it. Do you save the DDS using NVIDIA texture tools exporter, or Intel Texture Works? Also, is it ok if you show me your exact save settings? Thanks!

Like this
martoluthor

Postby maolano on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:27 am

martoluthor wrote:
maolano wrote:Alright, so I just had to merge the layers, got it. Do you save the DDS using NVIDIA texture tools exporter, or Intel Texture Works? Also, is it ok if you show me your exact save settings? Thanks!

Like this
[ Image ]

Ok, so I copied what you did on Photoshop and saved exactly as follows. However it sill shows as a distorted image in game. I'm thinking it is the file name that I am using. Here is an image of how I'm saving it:

Also here is how my TXTR file looks:

maolano

Postby martoluthor on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:39 am

maolano wrote:
martoluthor wrote:

Like this
[ Image ]

Ok, so I copied what you did on Photoshop and saved exactly as follows. However it sill shows as a distorted image in game. I'm thinking it is the file name that I am using. Here is an image of how I'm saving it:

my txtr file says this:
"crowd_big_head": {
"Min": [ 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 ],
"Max": [ 1.0, 0.991102099, 1.0, 1.0 ],
"Mask": 4294967295,
"Binary": "crowd_big_head.7b95146eeaf8e80c.dds"
}
martoluthor

Postby maolano on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 am

martoluthor wrote:
maolano wrote:
martoluthor wrote:

Like this
[ Image ]

my txtr file says this:
"crowd_big_head": {
"Min": [ 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 ],
"Max": [ 1.0, 0.991102099, 1.0, 1.0 ],
"Mask": 4294967295,
"Binary": "crowd_big_head.7b95146eeaf8e80c.dds"
}

Finally, I got it to work! Thanks a lot for the help dude! :D :D Now I'll be able to make crowd big heads for players that deserve one haha
maolano

Postby MrVinceCarter15 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:52 am

how can i find my career players headshot ?
MrVinceCarter15

Postby Mahmood on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:48 am

MrVinceCarter15 wrote:how can i find my career players headshot ?

MyCareer player's don't have a CFID, they probably have some kind of detection method for your facescan. It'd be revolutionary if we could somehow export the Facescan, but the CFID is just shown as 0001 in Limnono whenever you try to see it. Not sure how you'd find it.
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby MrVinceCarter15 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Mahmood wrote:

MyCareer player's don't have a CFID, they probably have some kind of detection method for your facescan. It'd be revolutionary if we could somehow export the Facescan, but the CFID is just shown as 0001 in Limnono whenever you try to see it. Not sure how you'd find it.

ohh, because for example in crowd i can see crowd_head with my cyberface, so i wanted to switch with real players face just by renaming the id , but seems not possible :( I remember back in earlier versions i was able to find myplayers portrait and i changed with other players real face, so i thought it would be also possible this year
MrVinceCarter15

Postby Mahmood on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:24 pm

MrVinceCarter15 wrote:
Mahmood wrote:

ohh, because for example in crowd i can see crowd_head with my cyberface, so i wanted to switch with real players face just by renaming the id , but seems not possible :( I remember back in earlier versions i was able to find myplayers portrait and i changed with other players real face, so i thought it would be also possible this year

it could be, keep digging!
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby bayareabred2khead on Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:57 am

When Im done with a big head mod what folder does it go into?
bayareabred2khead

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding