Issues with custom cyberface & hair/facial hair

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Issues with custom cyberface & hair/facial hair

Postby Mastamiind on Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:10 am

I've been dabbling in making custom cyberfaces and this seems to happen every time I mix facial hair/hair with a different face. i've added pictures below to show what happens

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

I've watched TGsogood's hair and facial hair tutorial, but when i remove the extra LODs from each hihead.scne file both the hair and facial hair disappear completely.

is there any way to display full hair/remove glitches shown in the photos? the hair is supposed to be michael beasley's braids. any help would be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mastamiind

Re: Issues with custom cyberface & hair/facial hair

Postby Mastamiind on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:31 am

Update: So I figured out that I was missing .dds texture files for the hair, that's why it wasn't showing correctly. I'm still having the same issue with the black line/glitch from the beard. The CF looks great in edit menu, but under signature styles and in game it shows.

I have already tried removing the LOD files and editing the .scne files for pngxxxx.iff, pngxxxx_facialhair_01.iff, pngxxxx_facialhair_01_tangentspace.iff, pngxxxx_hair_01.iff & pngxxxx_hair_01_tangentspace.iff according to TGsoGood's tutorial video, but as I mentioned before that removes both the hair and beard completely for me. I've searched the forum multiple times looking for a solution for this but haven't come across anything that works. Can anyone help? I plan on making a lot more CF's if i can just get this working
Mastamiind

Re: Issues with custom cyberface & hair/facial hair

Postby NikosTs on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:11 am

You don't have to remove the LOD files. Just edit the scne files so it won't read them and only show the base hihead.

It's in each and every scne file, make it like this:
"Object": {
"hihead": {
"Type": "OBJECT",
"Target": "hihead",
"Lods": [
"hihead",
"hihead",
"hihead",
"hihead",
"hihead"
],