NBA2K Music Converter

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby zondac12 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:52 am

so we drag mp3 over? getting no audio
User avatar
zondac12
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby zondac12 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:34 am

nevermind, i got it lol
User avatar
zondac12
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby NBA 2K Legend on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:50 am

TGsoGood wrote:does anybody know what we need to edit to change the artists/ song titles in the game?
Would also like to change song art
[ Image ]


Edit:
Found a great channel for Arena sounds etc
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmsSpL ... THg/videos


I think you can change it in newaudiojukeboxmusicdirectory_listing file but the format of the file is .adb2. When you open that file, it will show you only some symbols.

Image
NBA 2K Legend
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Mastamiind on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:11 am

How to replace game intro music?

It would be amazing to add the 1990s NBA on NBC theme before games for classic MyLeagues
User avatar
Mastamiind
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby USMarineSoldier on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:21 am

Mastamiind wrote:How to replace game intro music?

It would be amazing to add the 1990s NBA on NBC theme before games for classic MyLeagues



The would be EPIC!!!! especially with these Retros MOD. Living the Classic Jordan era
USMarineSoldier
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:36 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Mastamiind on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:35 am

Or to take it a step further, have the real Chicago Bulls theme play on the player introductions

now THAT would be crazy
User avatar
Mastamiind
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby kidhybrid89 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:43 am

Mastamiind wrote:Or to take it a step further, have the real Chicago Bulls theme play on the player introductions

now THAT would be crazy


It works now. I've changed a few myself already.
kidhybrid89
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby InFaMouS ny on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:12 am

kidhybrid89 wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:does anybody know what we need to edit to change the artists/ song titles in the game?
Would also like to change song art
[ Image ]


Edit:
Found a great channel for Arena sounds etc
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmsSpL ... THg/videos


The data file is in the main directory under music.json (can bed edited in notepad+). Should be pretty easy to change. There's 3 files including the original release and the bonus tracks... I'm not sure about the artwork though. I'll take a look in a few.


i tried this and the names didnt change in game. im not sure if the waigua folder works with anything other than .iff files.
Last edited by InFaMouS ny on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
InFaMouS ny
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby TRIIIAD on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:31 am

kidhybrid89 wrote:
Mastamiind wrote:Or to take it a step further, have the real Chicago Bulls theme play on the player introductions

now THAT would be crazy


It works now. I've changed a few myself already.


Any chance you could explain how to do this? Really want to add the Swizz Beatz Knicks intro
User avatar
TRIIIAD
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:26 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby zondac12 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:37 am

i would love to add the pistons intro :mrgreen:
User avatar
zondac12
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Kondervan on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:40 am

Anyone know how to change arena music?
Kondervan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:34 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby martoluthor on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:02 am

Please share your mixes if you already made some!!!
Would love also a 90s hip hop mix
And some Alvaro Martin sounds!
Image
User avatar
martoluthor
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:05 am
Location: Argentina

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Shuajota on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:30 am

If someone doesn´t know how to replace music in game I made this tutorial:
phpBB [video]
-Visit my website (NBA2K Mods): https://www.shuajota.com/
-Subscribe to my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/DNAOfBasketball
-Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shuajota/
- Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shuajota
User avatar
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Spain

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby johnwest1985 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:08 am

A tip is that if you need mp3 files you can google " youtube convert to mp3 " which gives you a number of sites that easily let you just take the audio from youtube.
Image
User avatar
johnwest1985
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:06 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:40 am

InFaMouS ny wrote:i tried this and the names didnt change in game. im not sure if the waigua folder works with anything other than .iff files.


I think you can add more than just .iffs to waigua folder. Even with this mod we are adding .wav files.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5019
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby DaPrazident5B on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 am

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1vDx0 ... nZueiAnfkA

That's my hip-hop Playlist. Most of the songs are from 90's and early 2000's.
DaPrazident5B
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:26 pm
Location: Toulouse, France

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Mahmood on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 am

Updated Guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2rqcF ... sp=sharing
Soon enough I'll update with the Park Jukebox Titles. Hope these help!
Don't waste your time being negative. Negativity gets you nowhere in life.

If you'd like to contribute to the modding madness, drop me a dime here: :D https://www.paypal.me/MahmoodMods

Image
User avatar
Mahmood
Basketball Maniac
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:26 am
Location: Georgia, United States

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Mahmood on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:41 am

kidhybrid89 wrote:
Mastamiind wrote:Or to take it a step further, have the real Chicago Bulls theme play on the player introductions

now THAT would be crazy


It works now. I've changed a few myself already.

Which files in event music are responsible for the starting lineup music? I've already found some arena music I might replace if I can decipher which team its for, but where is the starting lineup stuff?
Don't waste your time being negative. Negativity gets you nowhere in life.

If you'd like to contribute to the modding madness, drop me a dime here: :D https://www.paypal.me/MahmoodMods

Image
User avatar
Mahmood
Basketball Maniac
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:26 am
Location: Georgia, United States

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby kidhybrid89 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:22 am

Mahmood wrote:
kidhybrid89 wrote:
Mastamiind wrote:Or to take it a step further, have the real Chicago Bulls theme play on the player introductions

now THAT would be crazy


It works now. I've changed a few myself already.

Which files in event music are responsible for the starting lineup music? I've already found some arena music I might replace if I can decipher which team its for, but where is the starting lineup stuff?


... The problem here is there is over 3000 audio files in this folder. So it's a lot to go through if you're looking for something specific or for each team. I exported the entire newaudio folder. So I have access to each one if/when I do feel the need to change something. If you can send me an in-game video of the specific music or track you're looking for, I should be able to hunt it down.

Also, just a heads up but it should be noted that some files still need the conversion tool. Hence exporting wav. files from the game, converting them to MP3 in Audacity (or something equivalent) and then putting them through the conversion tool BEFORE putting anything into the waigua folder. You probably already realize that but just wanted to clarify for anyone else who might be reading these comments.
kidhybrid89
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Mahmood on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:42 am

kidhybrid89 wrote:
Mahmood wrote:
kidhybrid89 wrote:
Mastamiind wrote:Or to take it a step further, have the real Chicago Bulls theme play on the player introductions

now THAT would be crazy


It works now. I've changed a few myself already.

Which files in event music are responsible for the starting lineup music? I've already found some arena music I might replace if I can decipher which team its for, but where is the starting lineup stuff?


... The problem here is there is over 3000 audio files in this folder. So it's a lot to go through if you're looking for something specific or for each team. I exported the entire newaudio folder. So I have access to each one if/when I do feel the need to change something. If you can send me an in-game video of the specific music or track you're looking for, I should be able to hunt it down.

Also, just a heads up but it should be noted that some files still need the conversion tool. Hence exporting wav. files from the game, converting them to MP3 in Audacity (or something equivalent) and then putting them through the conversion tool BEFORE putting anything into the waigua folder. You probably already realize that but just wanted to clarify for anyone else who might be reading these comments.

I've exported the entire folder as well and I was enthralled when I found the arena sounds, but I don't know which team is which. However, if someone was determined enough, they could build a small team to go through the files and find out which files are for what situation, and replace them with modded audio files. Can you find the file that plays for the Warriors starting lineup? I'd love to replace it with the Remix of California Love. :)
Don't waste your time being negative. Negativity gets you nowhere in life.

If you'd like to contribute to the modding madness, drop me a dime here: :D https://www.paypal.me/MahmoodMods

Image
User avatar
Mahmood
Basketball Maniac
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:26 am
Location: Georgia, United States

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Kondervan on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 am

What files in manifest contain the Arena Music and sounds?
Kondervan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:34 am

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby trekfan1013 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 am

Kondervan wrote:What files in manifest contain the Arena Music and sounds?


You're going to want to open up the manifest file in notepadd ++ and then do a search for a newaudio/eventmusic (example of such an entry in the manifest file below):

3I newaudio/eventmusic/003890-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav 99755378527 6335216


There are nearly 3900 (3891 of them, counting from 000000 through 003890), but no obvious discernible pattern to them that I've found so far -- it doesn't seem that the trailing numbers (after the ".wav" part of the file) mean anything within the manifest file itself -- I suspect there's another file (perhaps an index file of some sort) that has a list of which of these sounds goes to which arena, but I haven't found it yet.

Still, you can export the files and play them individually; I also suspect some of the arenas share some of the sounds.
User avatar
trekfan1013
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby trekfan1013 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:06 am

trekfan1013 wrote:
Kondervan wrote:What files in manifest contain the Arena Music and sounds?


You're going to want to open up the manifest file in notepadd ++ and then do a search for a newaudio/eventmusic (example of such an entry in the manifest file below):

3I newaudio/eventmusic/003890-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav 99755378527 6335216


There are nearly 3900 (3891 of them, counting from 000000 through 003890), but no obvious discernible pattern to them that I've found so far -- it doesn't seem that the trailing numbers (after the ".wav" part of the file) mean anything within the manifest file itself -- I suspect there's another file (perhaps an index file of some sort) that has a list of which of these sounds goes to which arena, but I haven't found it yet.

Still, you can export the files and play them individually; I also suspect some of the arenas share some of the sounds.


Additional note, for those of you looking to replace the "Go *INSERT TEAM NAME* GO" chants, I stumbled on one by accident (I'm just touring the nearly 3900 files randomly, going through every 10 files) and that Hawks chant is file

"000030-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav" in the eventmusic; 000029 is also a "Go Hawks Go" chat, repeated faster and more frequently. 000028 is an even faster paced, more frequent one for the Hawks.

000027 seems to be a crowd reaction (I can't make out any words, just seems to be a excited reaction).

000031 is a fast pace "Let's Go Hawks" chant (not a "Go" chant, they literally say "Let's Go Hawks").

000032 is a slower, clapping rhythmic "Let's go Hawks" chant.

000033 is another crowd reaction, shorter than 000027.

I am continuing to explore. Perhaps file size of the .wav files may indicate what grouping a particular sound falls into.

EDIT: Now we're getting somewhere -- I found some event music that's part of the soundtrack.

File "003771-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav" in the eventmusic is "Strawberries" from the 2K20 soundtrack.

File "003766-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav" in the eventmusic is "Run it Down" from the 2K20 soundtrack.

File "003779-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav" in the eventmusic is "We Came to Win" from the 2K20 soundtrack.

File "003842-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav" in the eventmusic is "Run the Jewels" from the 2K20 soundtrack.

Current Theory: The soundtrack music starts at a certain point in the 37XX range and continues through into the 38XX range. I'm not sure where it starts or where it stops. This may turn out to be incorrect.

To find this, I exported out all the eventmusic files and are sorting them through their file size (so anything larger than 2.5 MBs has potential to be actual music). Some of these files are generic arena music, but I'm currently looking for the actual real music so I can replace it with my own (so I no longer have to hear 2K20's soundtrack in the arenas, lol).

DOUBLE EDIT:


My current theory was incorrect, I have found soundtrack songs as low as 003582 -- so clearly, not all grouped up together in the 37XX-38XX range. These seem scattered between at least the 35XX range and the 38XX range.
User avatar
trekfan1013
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby DEIBYS on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:56 am

martoluthor wrote:Please share your mixes if you already made some!!!
Would love also a 90s hip hop mix
And some Alvaro Martin sounds!
[ Image ]

alvaro martin the best :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:
MY WEBSITE VISIT MORE MODS: https://deibys2kmods.wixsite.com/deibys :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:
You like what you see? donate a cup of coffee,to continue uploading mods (Y) :arrow: https://paypal.me/DONATEDEIBYS2KMODS
User avatar
DEIBYS
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:42 am
Location: VENEZUELA

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby pistonnation on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 pm

I would absolutely LOVE to FIX the "DEFENSE" chants from the Quicken Loans arena to the real life audio. The Organ that plays this specific song in the vanilla NBA 2K is just not good. I want to hear THIS instead:
phpBB [video]
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

Image
User avatar
pistonnation
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 pm
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaPrazident5B, Google Adsense [Bot], isobruce, jsm00thie, MattFinlayson, ngs42, raven417, TGsoGood and 20 guests