Adding Hair and Beard with separate textures for both hair and facial hair?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Adding Hair and Beard with separate textures for both hair and facial hair?

Postby brendancasimir on Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi,

Sorry I have been posting so much here. Pretty new to this stuff, but I appreciate all of the help I have received and have made great progress! My question right now is how to set up my mod to have separate textures for the hair and the facial hair.

I have done a lot of research on this, and believe I am pretty close to figuring it out.

Currently, I have a project with Lebrons body, Gortats face, Javale McGees man bun, and Tyson Chandlers Facial hair. I have this as a png.iff, face.iff, hair and facial hair iffs. I am unable to figure out how to get the textures for the respective hair parts however. Tyson Chandlers beard looks great, but the man bun also has Chandlers hair texture.

Could somebody please help me out on this one? I believe it has something to do with renaming parts of the texture and scene files as hair_shell ... but i was unsuccessful with trying this and don't have a good example project that I can reverse engineer so i am stuck.

thank you so much in advanced!

b
brendancasimir

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding