2019-2020 College Rosters Season and Off season

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

2019-2020 College Rosters Season and Off season

Postby Kenny4118 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:17 am

I took on helping with this project back in December. Although, my ratings and tendencies may not be to others likings (I like ratings high for better competition during game play), I have 58 full college rosters, a full draft class with real recruits, and a stock of additional incoming freshman added to the free agent list that are not in the draft class.

I have set up each college that I have a roster for to only have 2 of their declared or signed incoming freshman in the draft class, so that if you want to keep things accurate, you will have to draft for each team, and then add the extra signed or declared freshman from the free agent market in the off season.

The rosters are set up to where each player will automatically be a free agent when their college eligibility ends...there may be a random option offered, but just decline to resign. However, if there is a player that is most likely to leave early, I did not adjust their contracts because I didn't want to be predicting this or that and be wrong about a lot of it. So you will have to take responsibility for that aspect as well.

With my higher ratings sets, you will likely want to normalize stats and minutes in the opening settings. I also would encourage that you allow for rule changes in the off season. During the first off season I recommend changing shot clock to 30 seconds, to reset after rebounds (more optional, college now resets to 20 seconds, but the NBA is 13), change foul outs to 5 personal fouls, and I also change to the bonus to take affect after 3rd foul of quarter; I would suggest alternating possessions on tied balls, but even if you make that change, I have yet to see the game execute it).

Be aware that some teams do not have any recruits signed at this point including Memphis, Texas, Washington, and Oklahoma. As soon as I see some updates or the next national signing day comes along, I will update accordingly. But in the meantime, you will have to decide for yourself on who to place on these teams if you use them.

Also, I am still adding some more teams, but I am also adding additional recruits as well, and I am likely to be playing the game a bit more as well, so the progress will be a bit slow. I have starts on both the 2021 and 2022 recruiting classes that are uploaded as well, they are not near as organized, but they at least do not conflict with each other.

Also there are transfers that I have taken off a team and placed in free agency until they commit to a new team. For instance, the Mitchell brothers who went to Maryland as freshman this season, left the program and have yet to declare, although many expect them to go to Georgetown, nothing has become official.

Current teams completed: Duke, UCONN, Clemson, Louisville, Florida, UCLA, Villanova, Tennessee, Arizona, Kentucky, Kansas, Alabama, Michigan, Virginia, Wisconsin, North Carolina, USC, Ohio State, Michigan State, Oregon, Xavier, Penn State, Illinois, SD State, Dayton, Rutgers, Georgia, Butler, Cincinnati, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Florida State, Texas, Washington, Gonzaga, Marquette, Purdue, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Houston, Indiana, Iowa, LSU, Maryland, Memphis, Miami, Minnesota, Notre Dame, New Mexico, Northwestern, Georgetown, Syracuse, Nevada, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, NC State and Seton Hall.

Teams Planned to do: Oklahoma, Iowa State, Temple, VCU, Wake Forest, Providence, Vanderbilt, St. John's, Providence, Kansas State, Arizona State and Creighton.

To help those who use this roster and draft class, I have created a few files to help keep things organized following off seasons. The first will be the seniors whose contracts should expire and are out of eligibility. I would recommend trying to delete these rather than allowing them to sit in the free agent market. Just to prevent them from being used to fill rosters.

The second is a list of the 2 highest rated recruits according to 24/7 Sports and Rivals for the 58 teams plus a handful of teams that I more than likely will make full rosters for over the spring and summer as my time allows.
The third list is the remaining incoming freshman beyond the top 2 for each school, and some more undeclared freshman.

These I will update as I add more players that commit, whether they be transfer or incoming freshman. As next fall approaches, I will likely just adjust the roster by making these moves final and calling it the 2021 college rosters, then organize the next freshman class like this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenny4118

Re: 2019-2020 College Rosters Season and Off season

Postby Kenny4118 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:41 am

There is likely already some additional freshman that are not added to the list in free agency.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:43 am

I have now completed the 2021 freshman class, or at least the draft file is full, with the top 146 players according to 247 sports rankings. Through their position rankings, they actually rank out to 180 players, I am likely to start a second 2021 draft class to add those additionally ranked players. Then I will look around on some other recruiting information sites to see if there are anymore top 200 or so players that may be ranked higher by them. The draft class is uploaded currently as "2021 Freshman 1 to 146 Ranked. I have a couple of other 2021 draft classes loaded up with college freshman in the name, those were attempts to reconstruct draft classes from a My League that I accidentally saved over...basically they are a mess and have players from several classes.

I guess now that the college season is canceled, I will go ahead and knock out the rest of the 2021 players, then start watching out for transfers, incoming Juco players, and wait for players to make their final draft decisions, in the hopes of converting my current roster into a 2021 roster, and eventually add the players from the second draft class to the free agent market. Then organize it similarly to how I did the 2020 roster and draft with the top 2 recruits for each school being draft capable, and the remaining signees in the free agent market to add in the offseason of the game. However, until many of these recruits have committed to a team, the players will be listed as High School under where they went to college. I imagine, the final version will come about in late summer, early fall. During that extended time, I will also be working on the 2022 draft class, and when more information comes out about the 2023 class (if during the summer), I will begin constructing a draft for that as well as filling in more college teams to the roster.

For now here is a list of the players in the "2021 Freshman 1 to 146", it also includes the next 34 players to ranking of 180.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:19 am

I have seen that there are some people downloading my attachments. So I am curious if anyone has any feedback or noticed anything that I need to fix. For instance, McClung on Georgetown, he takes a granny shot from the foul line in the game...noticed this last night. Also, the few players that still seem have some option left in the off season. I think this is due to bird years...I am unsure if I didn't zero their league years out or if they are if I need to take that players DNA and move it to a new player that hasn't got years of stats accumulated. But I think one of the two should be sufficient. Anyone notice anything else? Or if anyone has worked on a college roster and has a team that I have not done, please let me know what roster to look at and I will take the player DNA's and add them to my own and upload the update. But for the most part, I am just looking for some feedback and an alert to any issues that I can address.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:05 am

So thanks to the virus, I have had a lot of time to put to working on the next draft class. 2021 has very few commitments, so I have not bothered to organize it like the 2020 class to work through the games drat. I also listed what state the player is from unless they have actually committed to a school. Some of the non top 150 players I provided more information about them, mostly because after about 180 players, I couldn't find any others on a previously scouted list. Most of the latter players were found by searching leading scorers, rebounders, and shot blockers for each state on Max Preps.com. For those players I also included the stats that in my opinion gave me reason to create them. I will definitely be updating these lists as players commit, or if they are able to play the AAU circuit and new guys get attention or some of these fall or rise in rankings, eventually getting to where I can set them up like the 2020 recruits where I have made each schools top 2 recruits draft able in the game draft, and the rest able to sign out of free agency, to add to the 2020 roster I will also be working on through the summer as transfers, early draft entries and recruiting classes begin to finalize.

As of right now, I have placed the top 146 in 2K share, search for "2021 Freshman 1 to 146". The second, although I am still working on the list which will be included in this post, will have the next 138 players and will be uploaded to 2k share, search for it under "2021 Freshman 147 to 284". Just a little update, but after what seems to be thousands of player edits and created players, I just realized that I could edit and remove the euro years that are generated with new drafts. So come tomorrow, I will have altered both files and the list to reflect the top 150 players, and then the second 150 players and fill it up.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:06 am

I finally sorted out all (at least those I identified) the freshman for 2021 and got the save files to match my lists to help other organize off seasons in MyLeague. These will eventually be updated as more and more players commit and as I create a 2021 roster to eventually organize like I have the 2020 class, read previous posts for explanation. It is likely that I will add more freshman to the 2021 free agency as more teams get commitments and it is entirely possible that my method of searching for the players ranked past around 180 could miss more desirable prospects or the opposite over value a player that I have no idea on what coaches or scouts would think of them based on the competition they played against. In the free agent market, there should be adequate room to for that.

Here are the two lists for the two 2K Share draft classes I have uploaded, which should be searchable by the year or freshmen. FYI, the next thing I am going to put together is a list of Seniors who should run out of eligibility for the 2021 class. From my experience, if you do not delete them in the off season, or edit their ages prior to the off season following the playoffs final to have them retire, then they just create a little confusion and can easily be added back to a roster by mistake.

Anyway, without further ado...here are the list of freshmen for 2021.
Kenny4118

Postby stache9835 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 am

Thank you for your roster contributions to the PC Community
stache9835

Postby Kenny4118 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 am

I appreciate that. I hope you enjoy playing it.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:12 pm

I have a request from anyone willing to help out with this project. As I am playing a MyLeague to test for shortcomings or other issues that I had not considered, I stumbled across in the playoffs, someone has taken the time to make First round Floors, Sweet 16 Floors, and Final Four Floors for preferred teams in each. Many teams have the first round floors uploaded with the team designs already. However, if the advance, very few have the next level, and even fewer for the final 4. So what I am asking is if someone was willing to create many more of these NCAA tourney floors for each school and upload them in 2K Share. I am unable to use anything other than 2k Share and me sorting through the artwork to reconstruct even a single uniform would take forever, so I am hoping if there is someone knows a much simpler and hopefully much faster way of locating the artwork and incorporating them into a single download that can be searchable for whatever game your playing there is a team design that includes the correct floor for the level. The artwork has all been loaded up already, but the search function in the artwork design download is set up in a very not user friendly way. I am hoping its possible, please someone let me know if you can help out with this.
Kenny4118

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding