How to install shoe mods?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

How to install shoe mods?

Postby Checkz on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:37 am

Hey, so I downloaded this shoe mod here https://www.2kspecialist.net/2019/11/of ... go-by.html and it gave me a dds file and a TXTR file. Don't know where to place them, can anyone help me?
This topic was moved from NBA 2K20 by Andrew on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:56 am.
A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.

Image
User avatar
Checkz
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 am
Location: Suzano, Brasil.

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby sitew33 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm

They have to be placed into the global.iff file.
sitew33
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 am

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Checkz on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:48 am

sitew33 wrote:They have to be placed into the global.iff file.


Where can i find the global.iff file?
A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.

Image
User avatar
Checkz
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 am
Location: Suzano, Brasil.

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby sitew33 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 am

You have have to extract it using the NBA2K Explorer. If you don't know how to do that you need to familiarize yourself with modding.

Go here for great tutorials:
viewtopic.php?f=236&t=103754
sitew33
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 am

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:30 am

Checkz wrote:
sitew33 wrote:They have to be placed into the global.iff file.


Where can i find the global.iff file?


The easiest option is searching the modding or downloads section for a global you like and just using that. Open it with 7-zip and drop the shoe files in.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:43 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Checkz wrote:
sitew33 wrote:They have to be placed into the global.iff file.


Where can i find the global.iff file?


The easiest option is searching the modding or downloads section for a global you like and just using that. Open it with 7-zip and drop the shoe files in.


I'm not familiar with installing them either. I d/ld the file, put it in waigua, went in game and still didn't see any of the shoes. I have hook installed. Open the global with 7-zip and drop the files in and then what? Put the global back in the waigua folder? Srry for all the questions, but I need to learn this stuff.
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 3152
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Ayston on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:24 pm

Open the global.iff with WinRAR or 7zip > Drag the textures mods in the global > Save changes and put the global in the waigua folder
User avatar
Ayston
#JustiseBetter
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:56 am
Location: France

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Checkz on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:02 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Checkz wrote:
sitew33 wrote:They have to be placed into the global.iff file.


Where can i find the global.iff file?


The easiest option is searching the modding or downloads section for a global you like and just using that. Open it with 7-zip and drop the shoe files in.


I'm not familiar with installing them either. I d/ld the file, put it in waigua, went in game and still didn't see any of the shoes. I have hook installed. Open the global with 7-zip and drop the files in and then what? Put the global back in the waigua folder? Srry for all the questions, but I need to learn this stuff.


Ok, I was able to install it here. First, you need to see in the shoe winrar that you downloaded the instructions there. For example, the shoe I downloaded said I needed to make a Jordan 1 with all materials suede and a specific pattern.
A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.

Image
User avatar
Checkz
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 am
Location: Suzano, Brasil.

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:33 am

Checkz wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Checkz wrote:
sitew33 wrote:They have to be placed into the global.iff file.


Where can i find the global.iff file?


The easiest option is searching the modding or downloads section for a global you like and just using that. Open it with 7-zip and drop the shoe files in.


I'm not familiar with installing them either. I d/ld the file, put it in waigua, went in game and still didn't see any of the shoes. I have hook installed. Open the global with 7-zip and drop the files in and then what? Put the global back in the waigua folder? Srry for all the questions, but I need to learn this stuff.


Ok, I was able to install it here. First, you need to see in the shoe winrar that you downloaded the instructions there. For example, the shoe I downloaded said I needed to make a Jordan 1 with all materials suede and a specific pattern.


Now you're confusing me. I'm going to try Ayston's approach first. Thx though
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 3152
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:53 am

Ayston wrote:Open the global.iff with WinRAR or 7zip > Drag the textures mods in the global > Save changes and put the global in the waigua folder



Is the global you're speaking of, the shoe_global ? Looks like it has overwritten the regular global, I can't find that one.
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 3152
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Checkz on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:Open the global.iff with WinRAR or 7zip > Drag the textures mods in the global > Save changes and put the global in the waigua folder



Is the global you're speaking of, the shoe_global ? Looks like it has overwritten the regular global, I can't find that one.


No, it is the global.iff. If you want, I can send you my global.iff without mods.
A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.

Image
User avatar
Checkz
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 am
Location: Suzano, Brasil.

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Ayston on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:Open the global.iff with WinRAR or 7zip > Drag the textures mods in the global > Save changes and put the global in the waigua folder



Is the global you're speaking of, the shoe_global ? Looks like it has overwritten the regular global, I can't find that one.


global.iff like the one with sweat mods :) Senbarkley drops one with his shoes mods tho
User avatar
Ayston
#JustiseBetter
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:56 am
Location: France

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:19 am

Ayston wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:Open the global.iff with WinRAR or 7zip > Drag the textures mods in the global > Save changes and put the global in the waigua folder



Is the global you're speaking of, the shoe_global ? Looks like it has overwritten the regular global, I can't find that one.


global.iff like the one with sweat mods :) Senbarkley drops one with his shoes mods tho


I have a global from 9-6-19, probably the default one. Will that work with the mods? I searched thru the waigua folder, and the shoe_global is the only one there, not global.iff. Srry for all the questions, you guys have been a big help explaining things.
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 3152
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Checkz on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:Open the global.iff with WinRAR or 7zip > Drag the textures mods in the global > Save changes and put the global in the waigua folder



Is the global you're speaking of, the shoe_global ? Looks like it has overwritten the regular global, I can't find that one.


global.iff like the one with sweat mods :) Senbarkley drops one with his shoes mods tho


I have a global from 9-6-19, probably the default one. Will that work with the mods? I searched thru the waigua folder, and the shoe_global is the only one there, not global.iff. Srry for all the questions, you guys have been a big help explaining things.


Yeah man, it will. Remember to never replace the original global.iff, or you could mess with something
Anyway, if anyone needs it, here is my default global.iff file https://www.mediafire.com/file/ikbxxiqv ... l.iff/file
A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.

Image
User avatar
Checkz
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 am
Location: Suzano, Brasil.

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Ayston on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:14 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:Open the global.iff with WinRAR or 7zip > Drag the textures mods in the global > Save changes and put the global in the waigua folder



Is the global you're speaking of, the shoe_global ? Looks like it has overwritten the regular global, I can't find that one.


global.iff like the one with sweat mods :) Senbarkley drops one with his shoes mods tho


I have a global from 9-6-19, probably the default one. Will that work with the mods? I searched thru the waigua folder, and the shoe_global is the only one there, not global.iff. Srry for all the questions, you guys have been a big help explaining things.


Its work with the default one and the modded globals.
User avatar
Ayston
#JustiseBetter
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:56 am
Location: France

Re: How to install shoe mods?

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:56 am

Checkz wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Ayston wrote:Open the global.iff with WinRAR or 7zip > Drag the textures mods in the global > Save changes and put the global in the waigua folder



Is the global you're speaking of, the shoe_global ? Looks like it has overwritten the regular global, I can't find that one.


global.iff like the one with sweat mods :) Senbarkley drops one with his shoes mods tho


I have a global from 9-6-19, probably the default one. Will that work with the mods? I searched thru the waigua folder, and the shoe_global is the only one there, not global.iff. Srry for all the questions, you guys have been a big help explaining things.


Yeah man, it will. Remember to never replace the original global.iff, or you could mess with something
Anyway, if anyone needs it, here is my default global.iff file https://www.mediafire.com/file/ikbxxiqv ... l.iff/file



I didn't replace it. It just disappeared from the folder somehow. Thx again for the help....
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 3152
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas


Return to NBA 2K20 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: baruhd12 and 14 guests