Real 2021 Draft: Evan Mobley Portrait Release

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA Draft Combine Video

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:31 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:Follow your gut and internal timeline and don't even bother to answer to those who try to force you to rush it. We greatly appreciate what you do for the game each year and will be patiently waiting for this amazing project. Stay safe blue (Y)

I appreciate the sentiment and the kind words. You more than anyone knows what goes into a good draft class with accurate faces. You do the same man!
bluejaybrandon

Re: Real 2020 Draft Class - First Major Previews (Wiseman, Ball, Edwards, Etc.)

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 am

play297 wrote:Cool! Can't wait to put this class into MyLeague

Only one little thing, if I can.
Nico Mannion to me seems a little unrealistic, here's an example:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Apart from that, respect and good work!

Reworked Nico Mannion. Not completely done but hopefully its more to your liking and more realistic.
bluejaybrandon

Re: Real 2020 Draft: Nico Mannion V2

Postby Shuajota on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:38 am

Take your time, we know the effort and time that is necessary before release a huge project like this one. Good work man.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby SneakerTheFox on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:41 am

@bluejaybrandon Bro I just wanna tell you from the bottom of my heart what you can do with these mods are really special, like you are "make you wanna slap yo mama good", stay healthy and put yourself before this game, this is an art form and you have a talent my brotha, thank you for everything you do, you are the Pablo Picasso, the Jon Jones, the MJ of this modding stuff, everything you do is greatly appreciated and valued.

But aside from this stuff pls stay healthy and safe man, and may God bless you and all the issues you might be having, No good deed goes unnoticed, and health is wealth stay blessed up my brotha.
SneakerTheFox

Postby tranchris on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Nice job with the Nico Mannion! Great attention to detail and I'm excited to see this draft class.
tranchris

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:26 pm

SneakerTheFox wrote:@bluejaybrandon Bro I just wanna tell you from the bottom of my heart what you can do with these mods are really special, like you are "make you wanna slap yo mama good", stay healthy and put yourself before this game, this is an art form and you have a talent my brotha, thank you for everything you do, you are the Pablo Picasso, the Jon Jones, the MJ of this modding stuff, everything you do is greatly appreciated and valued.

But aside from this stuff pls stay healthy and safe man, and may God bless you and all the issues you might be having, No good deed goes unnoticed, and health is wealth stay blessed up my brotha.

Hey man, thanks so much for taking the time to write this. Means a lot to me to see stuff like this. Good things happen to good people and it’s clear you’re good people. All the best to you and yours.

I do want to point out that 95% of the faces in the class are not done directly by me. I might do some touch up but usually it’s the hard work of the cyberface creators. When this thing gets released best believe they will be showcased front and center for all they do. They’re the true artists that make this place special.
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:29 pm

tranchris wrote:Nice job with the Nico Mannion! Great attention to detail and I'm excited to see this draft class.

Thanks man, glad it’s an improvement. I already had the face texture from one of the talented creators. Just tried to find a base that people felt was closer.

Shuajota wrote:Take your time, we know the effort and time that is necessary before release a huge project like this one. Good work man.

I appreciate it! Best of luck to your work this year, you’ve done amazing things.
bluejaybrandon

Postby SneakerTheFox on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:20 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
SneakerTheFox wrote:@bluejaybrandon Bro I just wanna tell you from the bottom of my heart what you can do with these mods are really special, like you are "make you wanna slap yo mama good", stay healthy and put yourself before this game, this is an art form and you have a talent my brotha, thank you for everything you do, you are the Pablo Picasso, the Jon Jones, the MJ of this modding stuff, everything you do is greatly appreciated and valued.

Hey man, thanks so much for taking the time to write this. Means a lot to me to see stuff like this. Good things happen to good people and it’s clear you’re good people. All the best to you and yours.

I do want to point out that 95% of the faces in the class are not done directly by me. I might do some touch up but usually it’s the hard work of the cyberface creators. When this thing gets released best believe they will be showcased front and center for all they do. They’re the true artists that make this place special.

Yeah without a doubt that message goes for yall contributors on these mods and this platform, gotta go down as one of the greatest forums ever.
SneakerTheFox

Re: Real 2020 Draft Class - First Major Previews (Wiseman, Ball, Edwards, Etc.)

Postby dserras on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:13 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
play297 wrote:Cool! Can't wait to put this class into MyLeague

Only one little thing, if I can.
Nico Mannion to me seems a little unrealistic, here's an example:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Apart from that, respect and good work!

[ Image ]

Reworked Nico Mannion. Not completely done but hopefully its more to your liking and more realistic.
looks pretty damn good! great job man.
dserras

Postby Yandes on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:05 pm

Fantastic job :applaud: :applaud: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:
Yandes

Re: Real 2020 Draft: Final Prospect Previews

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 04, 2020 3:29 am

Just a quick update...

The final prospect previews before release are live! We are currently sitting at 65 prospects (not all were previewed, as some are still in development). All ratings, tendencies, accessories and pictures are done. I won't set a release date, but I'm very excited about this being the homestretch. The link below will take you to the first page with previews.

viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108550&p=1989697#p1989697
bluejaybrandon

Postby twortlieb1983 on Mon May 04, 2020 3:43 am

Your work is incredible and the #1 reason I stick to PC over console. I could not be more impressed, Thanks so much for the time and effort.
twortlieb1983

Postby ThiccPapaSIZZLE on Mon May 04, 2020 3:53 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Just a quick update...

The final prospect previews before release are live! We are currently sitting at 65 prospects (not all were previewed, as some are still in development). All ratings, tendencies, accessories and pictures are done. I won't set a release date, but I'm very excited about this being the homestretch. The link below will take you to the first page with previews.

viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108550&p=1989697#p1989697

Looking forward to this
ThiccPapaSIZZLE

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 04, 2020 4:09 am

twortlieb1983 wrote:Your work is incredible and the #1 reason I stick to PC over console. I could not be more impressed, Thanks so much for the time and effort.

I appreciate the kind words, as I'm sure the creators do as well. Yeah mods and more specifically draft classes is what made me make the switch the PC, so I understand the appeal.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Rimbaud82 on Mon May 04, 2020 4:58 am

Holy shit this year is some of the best ever. Great work bluejay, and other creators involved.
Rimbaud82

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Mon May 04, 2020 4:58 am

Awesome job with the skin improvements! Everyone is looking brighter now and closer to their natural skin color! Amazing project!
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 04, 2020 5:28 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:Awesome job with the skin improvements! Everyone is looking brighter now and closer to their natural skin color! Amazing project!

Yeah you were spot on with your assessment. Something in the shaders I had was messing with the screenshot feature. Should be accurate, especially if people are just running base 2k without shaders.
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 04, 2020 5:30 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:Holy shit this year is some of the best ever. Great work bluejay, and other creators involved.

Much appreciated. I think I agree with you, each year these guys do great but the level of detail that they had this year was above and beyond. A lot of the faces look like they could be face scans in my opinion.
bluejaybrandon

Postby stache9835 on Mon May 04, 2020 5:33 am

Nicely done (Y)
stache9835

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Mon May 04, 2020 5:37 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rimbaud82 wrote:Holy shit this year is some of the best ever. Great work bluejay, and other creators involved.

Much appreciated. I think I agree with you, each year these guys do great but the level of detail that they had this year was above and beyond. A lot of the faces look like they could be face scans in my opinion.

I agree. Edwards, Killian, McDaniels, Maxey, Precious, Melo too look spot on, and considering how poorly 2k usually makes their rookies it's safe to say it looks better than what they will release in 2k21. Much props to your crew!
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby kidhybrid89 on Mon May 04, 2020 6:39 am

Great job man. I know you said you don't want to give exact dates moving forward but about how far are you from releasing? Just curious. Thanks.
kidhybrid89

Postby big-shot-ROB on Mon May 04, 2020 8:17 am

Holy crap all those are awesome. I'm stunned. You're the best man, keep up the good work!! :applaud:
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Yandes on Mon May 04, 2020 11:48 am

:bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Yandes

Postby dserras on Mon May 04, 2020 12:06 pm

Looks amazing my guy, thank you for your work on it!
dserras

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 pm

kidhybrid89 wrote:Great job man. I know you said you don't want to give exact dates moving forward but about how far are you from releasing? Just curious. Thanks.

Shooting for the month of May. Not a firm deadline because those don’t work out always. Basically I’ve got 75% of portraits done. A couple more prospects to finalize and then some minor adjustments so the ratings are in line with mocks. That’s why I was sad to miss the last deadline but this is definitely the homestretch.
bluejaybrandon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding