Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

Postby eli_torres17 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:02 pm

hi everyone i'm trying to use the latest update but its not working am i doing something wrong i was updated to 11-19-2023 but the new one don t work can anyone help thank you
eli_torres17

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

Postby saberscraggy on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:17 am

I was attempting to download the base file from 11-19-2023 but the logos + murals + dornas file is showing up as a virus and I am unable to download it. Would missing those assets cause the rosters to corrupt? I'm able to get any other modpack working but for some reason nothing I do with your mods is causing any changes in game. I've tried the SYNC.BIN, and both the new and old Hook. Any help would be appreciated, not sure what I'm doing wrong besides missing the logo files.
saberscraggy

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:31 am

saberscraggy wrote:I was attempting to download the base file from 11-19-2023 but the logos + murals + dornas file is showing up as a virus and I am unable to download it. Would missing those assets cause the rosters to corrupt? I'm able to get any other modpack working but for some reason nothing I do with your mods is causing any changes in game. I've tried the SYNC.BIN, and both the new and old Hook. Any help would be appreciated, not sure what I'm doing wrong besides missing the logo files.

I guess it's not absolutely necessary but you'll be missing accurate logos for a lot of teams. The process to install should be:

-Download essentials pack, place the files and waigua folder in your NBA 2k20 folder
-Download all of the mod packs and place in your waigua (place the cyberface files in the waigua in order. 1, 2, 3)
-Follow the roster download instructions included in the essentials pack. There are important steps to follow to avoid issues with the rosters appearing in the game
-Issues with players being invisible, courts not showing, etc. are almost always a Hook issue. Try downloading this one and replace the config that is provided in my essentials pack: download/file.php?id=22693. This has solved problems for 99% of people
Thunder Shaq

Postby saberscraggy on Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
I guess it's not absolutely necessary but you'll be missing accurate logos for a lot of teams. The process to install should be:

-Download essentials pack, place the files and waigua folder in your NBA 2k20 folder
-Download all of the mod packs and place in your waigua (place the cyberface files in the waigua in order. 1, 2, 3)
-Follow the roster download instructions included in the essentials pack. There are important steps to follow to avoid issues with the rosters appearing in the game
-Issues with players being invisible, courts not showing, etc. are almost always a Hook issue. Try downloading this one and replace the config that is provided in my essentials pack: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="https://forums.nba-live.com/download/file.php?id=22693">download/file.php?id=22693</a><!-- l -->. This has solved problems for 99% of people
Tried it a few times, making sure to follow all the guides for adding rosters (making sure game is closed, renaming rosters correctly, trying SYNC.BIN), still no luck, saying "this save is corrupted, cannot be loaded". Probably just something up with my game or steam, thanks for the help!
saberscraggy

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:54 pm

saberscraggy wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

-Issues with players being invisible, courts not showing, etc. are almost always a Hook issue. Try downloading this one and replace the config that is provided in my essentials pack: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="https://forums.nba-live.com/download/file.php?id=22693">download/file.php?id=22693</a><!-- l -->. This has solved problems for 99% of people
Tried it a few times, making sure to follow all the guides for adding rosters (making sure game is closed, renaming rosters correctly, trying SYNC.BIN), still no luck, saying "this save is corrupted, cannot be loaded". Probably just something up with my game or steam, thanks for the help!

Just in case you didn't know, the SYNC.BIN goes in the Local folder not the regular NBA 2k20 folder. You may have already known that, but figured I'd say in case that is the fix
Thunder Shaq

Postby Spxral0923 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:21 am

Im trying to install this mod and every cyberface is invisible and the courts are just black how do I fix this? Cuz i've reinstalled once already and completely remodded it and its still not working
Spxral0923

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:32 am

Spxral0923 wrote:Im trying to install this mod and every cyberface is invisible and the courts are just black how do I fix this? Cuz i've reinstalled once already and completely remodded it and its still not working

Please read what I said a couple comments up. The invisible players is almost always because of the Hook
Thunder Shaq

Postby Spxral0923 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:54 am

I have tried both hooks and it still has not worked
Spxral0923

Postby Spxral0923 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 am

is there any tutorial video on how to install this maybe im installing it wrong
Spxral0923

Postby eli_torres17 on Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:35 am

does anyone know where i can find 90s decal/logos to put on the court when in season playoffs and finals
eli_torres17

Postby saberscraggy on Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:08 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
saberscraggy wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Just in case you didn't know, the SYNC.BIN goes in the Local folder not the regular NBA 2k20 folder. You may have already known that, but figured I'd say in case that is the fix

This was the fix, I was trying to put it in the Remote folder. You're a lifesaver, mod is awesome!
saberscraggy

Postby HitByAPlane on Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:48 am

For anyone who KNOWS they have the hook and mod correctly installed, and have a problem with invisible player & courts. You have a problem with your game being outdated(I had that same problem). https://www.mediafire.com/folder/twmoh7 ... .02_-_1.03 This is a link to a patch that's compatible with the mod, put both files from the zip in your 2k20 folder and run the .exe and the mod should work.
HitByAPlane

Postby dougtheegoat on Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:13 am

Hey there just followed all updated instructions and I'm running into a couple issues. Or just one big issue i suppose. Its looking like only some teams are appearing in game. Heat, 76ers, etc all are good when it comes to loading players in the "edit player" feature or in game. Also the rosters are all fully loaded I can go to each custom roster and look through them and they're all correct, BUT... There are a lot of teams that simply throw you into an infinite loading screen when you try to view them in the edit player feature on a roster, and also entire teams that are invisible in playnow.

I've tried everything really replaced the old hook with the new one you most recently posted in a reply, for sure the sync.bin file is in the local folder, not too sure what else to do. Thanks for everything thus far though lol this is amazing work.
dougtheegoat

Postby hum4n1ty on Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:43 am

Hello, is there any way to get other classic rosters to work in MyLeague (inside the MyLeague custom rosters). I only made it work with the allocated custom teams that the custom roster starts with, but I would like to include other historic teams into MyLeague other than the ones already put. As an example, V1 and V2 MyLeague rosters have the 12-13 Lakers, is there any way to replace this with another classic team without crashing the game?
hum4n1ty

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:18 am

hum4n1ty wrote:Hello, is there any way to get other classic rosters to work in MyLeague (inside the MyLeague custom rosters). I only made it work with the allocated custom teams that the custom roster starts with, but I would like to include other historic teams into MyLeague other than the ones already put. As an example, V1 and V2 MyLeague rosters have the 12-13 Lakers, is there any way to replace this with another classic team without crashing the game?

Are you talking about the custom league selection screen or editing the actual roster file? As long as you add an expansion team slot in the custom league screen, MyLeague should work when switching out teams
Thunder Shaq

Postby hum4n1ty on Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:55 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
hum4n1ty wrote:Hello, is there any way to get other classic rosters to work in MyLeague (inside the MyLeague custom rosters). I only made it work with the allocated custom teams that the custom roster starts with, but I would like to include other historic teams into MyLeague other than the ones already put. As an example, V1 and V2 MyLeague rosters have the 12-13 Lakers, is there any way to replace this with another classic team without crashing the game?

Are you talking about the custom league selection screen or editing the actual roster file? As long as you add an expansion team slot in the custom league screen, MyLeague should work when switching out teams

I'm referring to custom MyLeague selection. I managed to get the current custom MyLeague roster to work, but would like to get other classic teams to work in MyLeague beside the 30 that work out of the box (with the 1 extra team). When I tried to switch teams out (to put classic teams) in the MyLeague team selection with that roster, my game would crash with and without a 31st team being present.

Is there a workaround to get other classic teams into MyLeague that are inside the MyLeague roster?
hum4n1ty

Previous

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding